School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

As the new director of Central Christian School, I just wanted to make sure you get the true information about our school. The most recent comment stated that we no longer have the same teachers, faculty, or director. I must say that it is only I who am new here. All of the staff that has been here stayed on as I began this year. They all want to stay for next year. I am praying that they can. What this one person said about our school indicates that we cannot please all of the people all of the time, but we do try. Some people cannot be pleased no matter what you do for them. I would like to invite anyone who has read the negative comment to please come and let us show you our school and how we are working together for the glory of God.
March 12, 2010

Posted April 16, 2012
I as a former student of CCS think that this school is one of the best schools you can send your kids to. I myself went attended CCS for 7 years along with my younger sister. The teachers were so caring and always looked for new ways to help kids learn. CCS is a very safe enviroment for kids. They have great staff and some of my former teachers when I was young are still there. If you are looking for a safe, kind and caring enviroment where your kids will learn and have fun I will suggest CCS. After being a former student of CCS i have become a great leader and I am currently in NJHS. This school helped me to become a great person.

Posted February 02, 2011
My daughter has had nothing but good experiences at CCS. She attended for pk-3 and I took her out due to costs for pk-4. I tried to keep her at our public school and was so dissappointed. There was 1 teacher for 31 students. I enrolled her back in CCS about 2 weeks into this year and she is already been reading for months and now is learning cursive. I love CCS, and am glad she can attend.

Posted November 18, 2010
I have two children attending CCS. My husband and I are very happy with the academic and extra-curricular activities that they are receiving. The director and teachers work very hard and are compassionate and caring. The school just celebrated 31 years of service to our community. The abeka curriculum is very challenging and students who leave CCS after elementary, enter middle school far ahead of their peers. We recommend CCS to any parent looking for a strong academic program and leadership.

Central Christian School 1

Posted July 15, 2010
I am sure there was a point in time when CCS was the place to have your child enrolled . However, that time has long passed. The school is in jeopardy of closing and for good reason. Many of the teachers and staff do not have their teaching credentials nor are required to even hold a Bachelor's Degree. Their curriculum is dated and they lack the necessary resources in order to provide an adequate teaching environment. They have eliminated many specialty subjects such as Spanish, Library, and Art and do not offer extracurricular activities. While the school is in jeopardy of closing due to finances, families are asked to participate in several fundraising events throughout the year; in addition to the costly monthly tuition. Please take into consideration that this site as well as others highly rate CCS however, you'll notice that most reviews were posted several years ago.

Posted March 25, 2010
My son attended Central Christian School for 4 years before going into public school. He had the best education. The school had fabulous teachers using wonderful curriculum. And his teachers in public school were very impressed. I am thankful that we were able to attend CCS.

Central Christian School 0

Posted January 24, 2010
Very disappointed with the school. In the past it has had a great reputation as a Christian School, but it no longer has the same faculty, staff or director. My daughter started in 2009 and I will be transferring her to a better qualified Christian school for 2010.

Posted September 03, 2008

Posted June 08, 2008
we have 2 childrens in this school , our childrens and our family realy happy . it's a good school. my childrens love to go to school everyday .

Central Christian School 0

Posted May 31, 2008
I've had a wonderful experience. Great extracurricular foreign languages program (Spanish & French).

Posted September 19, 2007
What a wonderful school and such great CARING teachers! I couldn't ask for more for my children. The teacher and administrative staff are always available to discuss my children's progress and jointly work together to make it a pleasant and more productive learning experience for them. I thank God for CCS everyday!

Central Christian School
1320 West Nolana Avenue, McAllen, TX  78504
Last modified Central Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Central Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top