McKinney, TX
Students enrolled: 3,043

Posted August 01, 2015
people say ita a good schoolso i also think it is a good school met with principql was awzome talking to her

Posted July 07, 2015
Loved my time as a student at Boyd. I was welcomed in right away though I had just moved there for my senior year. Kids and staff are great. Lots of spirit and opportunity for all different types of people. Those who complain about a lack of activities aren't looking around hard enough. A big enough school in population that not many care about popularity. Teachers want to see kids succeed.

Posted April 25, 2015
My 9th grader likes McKinney Boyd a lot. She is doing better academically than at her previous school and has made several friends. She also likes the variety of electives available.

Mckinney Boyd High School 3

Posted March 20, 2015
My child has been attending this school for 2 years. She does not have one person who is interested in getting together with her outside of school - not one! Her therapist told us that this is a common problem for new students in McKinney. If your child is new, he or she will do fine if they are outgoing and involved in sports. If not, then consider a school where the culture is more diverse and the student body is more welcoming to new people. Also, one teacher has stated that the core curriculum is the worst that he/she has seen in the metroplex ( teachers babysit while students play on their phones). Another teacher stated that out of all of the schools in the metroplex that he/she has taught in, this one is the only one where the students don't want to be here. AP classes are challenging in the amount of "busywork" involved, but not because of content. What is wrong with this school????

Posted October 30, 2014
My child is new to this school a freshman and so far the staff there has not been helpful to her needs as far as the disability she has also the staff there is very disrespectful. African American students have a hard time at this school.

Posted July 18, 2014
McKinney Boyd HS is a great school with faculty that cares about their students. I feel my daughter is getting an education that will prepare her for college and the world at large.

Posted May 06, 2014
I graduated from Mckinney Boyd and it's amazing. The faculty really care about you but are no nonsense. The various types of assistance for under privileged children is astounding. Like any school there's bullying but if reported doesn't last long. Fights are stopped just as you're realizing there is one. The opportunities this school gives to succeed are seemingly endless and I wish I had of taken advantage of more of them.

Posted February 19, 2014
We are considering moving to McKinney and we have heard from numerous friends that there is ALOT of bullying that goes on at Boyd High School. How many cases have been reported and handled at Boyd for the school year of 2013-2014?

Posted February 17, 2014

Posted September 17, 2013
My school is a model of what a quality high school should look like. Kids are engaged and feel a sense of being a part of something special. Every child has the opportunity to find success in an environment where the staff truly cares and the community is behind them. Go Broncos!

Mckinney Boyd High School
600 Lake Forest Drive, McKinney, TX  75070
Last modified Mckinney Boyd High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mckinney Boyd High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top