Posted October 30, 2014
My child is new to this school a freshman and so far the staff there has not been helpful to her needs as far as the disability she has also the staff there is very disrespectful. African American students have a hard time at this school.

Posted July 18, 2014
McKinney Boyd HS is a great school with faculty that cares about their students. I feel my daughter is getting an education that will prepare her for college and the world at large.

Posted May 06, 2014
I graduated from Mckinney Boyd and it's amazing. The faculty really care about you but are no nonsense. The various types of assistance for under privileged children is astounding. Like any school there's bullying but if reported doesn't last long. Fights are stopped just as you're realizing there is one. The opportunities this school gives to succeed are seemingly endless and I wish I had of taken advantage of more of them.

Posted February 19, 2014
We are considering moving to McKinney and we have heard from numerous friends that there is ALOT of bullying that goes on at Boyd High School. How many cases have been reported and handled at Boyd for the school year of 2013-2014?

Posted February 17, 2014

Mckinney Boyd High School 3

Posted December 03, 2013
This is our first year attending school in McKinney and we have found Boyd to be a disappointment. Think twice about coming here if your child is bright, but not enrolled in the talented and gifted courses. Since the district lowered the bar for admission into pre-AP courses, the child who is genuinely interested in learning and who likes to read will be considered a "misfit", as he or she will be surrounded by students in these courses who openly complain about not liking school (maybe due to sleep deprivation, from the 7:30 a.m. start time). The best teachers teach the talented and gifted kids. Everybody else gets a mixture of good teachers and not so good teachers. Compared to other schools in the metroplex, these teachers need to show a little more passion and dedication to helping their students succeed by genuinely wanting to make themselves more available for tutoring after school. This school needs to focus less on fast food and football (junk food peddled at every fundraiser) and more on learning and creativity. McKinney Boyd needs to update their methods of presenting the curriculum. Academically speaking, it is very dry; too textbook oriented and not project- based.

Posted September 17, 2013
My school is a model of what a quality high school should look like. Kids are engaged and feel a sense of being a part of something special. Every child has the opportunity to find success in an environment where the staff truly cares and the community is behind them. Go Broncos!

Posted September 17, 2013
McKinney Boyd High School has the best faculty and staff of any high school in Texas! So dedicated to EVERY student!

Posted January 03, 2012
Our experience at McKinney Boyd High School for 2 years was so bad that we sold our home of 22 years and moved out of the district. The math department is the WORST! My daughter, who had been an A/B student in math had to have tutoring by the end of her Sophomore year just to catch up in her new school. I had experiences with being dismissed and spoken to rudely when calling lead staff memebers with concerns and need for help. Also, my daughter was always complaining about having a sub rather than a regular teacher, especially in math class. The staff seemed to have a "don't care attitude" and the Principal made it clear that he didn't care what they do. I would like to give Kudos to the girls head basketball coach, Coach G. She was awesome and the only good thing I can say about that school. Your child is just a number among thousands there. This is all my personal opinion and based on our personal experiences.

Posted June 22, 2010
My son attends this school and has for the past 3 years. He loves this school and has never had any significant problems. His sister didn't weather as well, transferred to another McKinney high school and dropped out at the end of last year. She will re-enroll in another district this coming fall for her senior year. There needs to be some sort of safety net for teens and their emotional well-being.

Mckinney Boyd High School
600 Lake Forest Drive, McKinney, TX  75070
Last modified Mckinney Boyd High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mckinney Boyd High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top