Bad
Good

Bullying is out of control and nothing is done about it. Lack of Teacher/Principal Involvement. Run and find a better school to put your child in. The Administration had their "heads in the sand," and just accepts things because they have the mentality, "Kids will be kids."

Evans Middle School has an excellent NJHS program, as they have won two national campaigns, and many students have received scholarships. Manyof the teachers are great, and they always remember the needs of the students before themselves. The students are courteous to eachother, and the UIL program here is great, as all three years my daughter has been here they have gotten in the top three.

I don't think that this school is all exciting.... but it's not badish.... I had a teacher in 7th grade who didn't tell us things beforehand on projects so on some of those projects me and my friend had to start over on a part of that.... Also the food's pricey and weird. One time when I got a sandwich I found a black moldy hole on it...... The thing that I like is the kids don't really bully... cause I heard from some kid that Cockrill bullies and Dowell steals. But I became friends with some kids who go to that school and they're pretty nice. Also Evans is a little too big... and we only get 4 minutes to walk from class to class. Even if you have to walk all the way from one end to the other. I'm going into 8th grade and the only thing I look forward to is going into advanced art. My teachers signed me up for Pre AP classes without me knowing so that kinda caught me off guard... Overall same old same old. Some teachers are ok and some arent.

I go to Evans and im about to move on to seventh grade. The teachers ar so nice.

I go to evans and i'm gonna be a 7th grader and people say that 7th grade is supposed to be better than 6th and i thought that was imposible because 6th grade was the best year of my life!!!

I was at Evans Middle School for 6 months before moving out of the country, and I loved it there. The teachers were friendly and helpful, and the kids were easy to get along with. There was a wide variety of courses, but it seemed like all we learned in history was Texas history. I think that's the only complaint I have about the school while I was there.

This is our first year and I was terrified but it seems to be pretty good. The teachers are much more attentive than I had heard and they help when we need it. I am still a little puzzled about the book ituation I need to look further into that. But so far so good....

This is my childs first year at Evans and she is enjoying her classes and I feel that she is learning alot in her classes. I have nothing negative to say as a new parent to the school.

Last modified Leonard Evans Jr Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.