McKinney, TX

Posted February 26, 2015
I am saddened to see such negative things said and written about Wilmeth's staff and principal. I have two children at this school (and have for a few years) and we absolutely LOVE it! Sure, there are some teachers that have been more strict than others, but they have ALL been wonderful. The principal is fabulous. She is always present and very involved. I have found her to be excellent with the children and with the parents. WIlmeth is exactly where we want to be!

J B Wilmeth Elementary School 2

Posted February 25, 2015
In response to the teacher chastising parents for questioning the principal or anyone at the school: I am very concerned that you are teaching our children. It is our responsibility as parents to be involved and not only question the school but as Americans living in a free/democratic country to constantly question and interact. Our children should be taught that as it was how our country was founded! I am a tax paying citizen in McKinney/Collin county, with the majority of my taxes (amount the highest in the U.S.) going to public education, it is also my duty to be involved to ensure my children and others get the best possible education. Wilmeth could definitely do better by it's students, and the students should be our main concern. It is mine!

J B Wilmeth Elementary School 1

Posted February 25, 2015
Cold doesn't even begin to explain the current principal at Wilmeth. In my dealings w/her & in my opinion she is out of touch with the young lives placed in her care & in overseeing their education. She MAY be a good educator, though I have yet to see it, but she is not suited to elementary education. I have 5 children, they have attended 3 McKinney ISD schools & I recommended them all, and MIGHT reccomend Wilmeth if a different principle was at the helm. Her stance on a little girl being bullied by several boys, was appalling. Her response was in essence - we've gone a little bit overboard with this bullying issue overall & it would help the girl to toughen up a bit. Appalling! Also when I'm at the school, which is at least weekly & the principal (14-15) seems uninterested about the children at her school. It isn't a happy place; in my experience elementary school is about fostering a joy in children about school.

Posted January 15, 2015
Wilmeth is an absolutely amazing school. My oldest son attended 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade here and loved every day. My youngest started Kindergarten this year and his introduction to full day school was seamless. Both boys felt loved, invested in, and grew tremendously. They are also really great with special needs and do everything they can to ensure extra academic resources are available to those that need it. We recently moved away and it is hard to leave such a great school and staff.

Posted July 10, 2013
We've been at Wilmeth for a full year now and absolutely LOVE IT! We love the principal and have found her very easy to communicate with, always present, and genuinely passionate about her students. I find it surprising that a few of you have had such a bad experience. Our child is thriving, loves school and continues to score extremely high on all testing. Thanks, Wilmeth!!!

Posted March 10, 2013
A great school with a wonderful staff. The Wilmeth experience is something that doesn't happen at every school. It is great to have a strong Principal that loves our children and makes them all feel special. When you walk into the school you can see and enjoy a the type of education that takes place.If you want a great school for your children Wilmeth is the place.

J B Wilmeth Elementary School 1

Posted September 06, 2012
I have never left a bad rating for a school, until today. We moved from out of state 3 yrs ago and immediately placed my son in the 1st grade at Wilmeth. We felt it's exemplary status would be perfect for my son's active learning style in science and math. However, what we experienced was aggression from all parts of the school. His teacher was a "yeller" in her class and she allowed my son to endure bullying from other students (maybe it was her idea to "toughen" him up). My son went from being an enthusiastic learner to a depressed, lethargic, sick little boy. It was a fight all year long. Equally, I found it EXTREMELY difficult to communicate my concerns with the administrative staff even as much so with the front desk. We decided to homeschool the following 2 yrs. We are now in a different school district. With some encouragement and research, my son began the 5th grade at a new school and can I just say...WHAT a difference!! AMAZING!!! My son is BACK loving school...this staff is genuinely supportive, and incredibly patient! Homeschool raised his grades, but he is still hesitant trusting new friendships due to Wilmeth's memories. Amazing how much damage still remains

J B Wilmeth Elementary School 3

Posted August 18, 2012
I don't even go to this school but I became friends with a guy that's going off to Cockrill and did go to Wilmeth.... I swear....... Wilmeth and Minshew look too alike. I went to summer minicamps at both of thoses schools. Anywho.... I think that school is literally too cold to bear.

J B Wilmeth Elementary School 3

Posted July 22, 2012
I am writing in reply to the teacher that told unhappy parents to leave the school for private school. That might not be an option for many parents and they are entitled to express an opinion. I am glad you enjoy you job at Wilmeth but maybe you should consider how many parents and students have been treated with the current administration. Seems like there is a common thread to comments. I fortunately have been very happy with the teachers we have had at Wilmeth and try to be as supportive of the school as I can but things that have occurred with the administration at times have crossed the line and actions have been very unprofessional. I don t believe a person in a leadership deserves our respect but earns our respect.

J B Wilmeth Elementary School 4

Posted June 06, 2012
As a teacher, I am heartbroken to see these things written about my administration. I am even a little astounded at the comments about how the staff is unhappy and won't last. If staff is unhappy, I can tell you it's probably their own fault. They are either not doing their job and being called out or are being way to sensitive to constructive criticism. As a parent, you have NO idea how the staff is treated except for heresay. I love the school that I work at, as well as the community it is in, and even the principal! The fact that you come online to complain about the principal of our school is awful and you should be ashamed. All leaders need support, no matter your viewpoints on them (principal, mayor, president...). I wouldn't work in any other MISD school and in case you didn't notice, it's a PUBLIC school. If you want to pick and choose and have a perfect world, please take your attitude and your children to the new charter school or better yet, a private school.

J B Wilmeth Elementary School
901 La Cima Drive, McKinney, TX  75071
Last modified J B Wilmeth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J B Wilmeth Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top