No rating

North Texas Christian Academy

Private | PK-9 | 120 students

NOT just college prep...LIFE prep.

Living in McKinney

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $196,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $900.

Sweep tile

Posted April 1, 2014

Our family has been blessed by North Texas Christian Academy. I really love that the number of children are kept low in each grade. I love that the staff knows my child as we come in for school each morning. It has been wonderful that my child is able to talk opened about God. The small extras are what makes the school 5 stars. Dress like someone from your favorite book, silly sock day, NUT day, "Grand" event, the spring auction, Donuts with Dad and Muffins with Mom are a few of what the school gives the families and students. We did have many of these in pubic school but the teachers want to be with my child. As a parent, there is no greater gift than my child being able to go to NTCA.I hope you are able to come see the the school and meet the staff.

Posted January 25, 2014

My daughter started kindergarten this year at NTCA and we are thrilled with her teacher, the rest of the staff as well as the administration and leadership. It was important for us to have a Christian school that would reinforce the character traits and moral beliefs that we teach at home....we found that at NTCA. Our daughter transitioned from Montessori school and we were concerned that the academics wouldn't be able to keep up with her advanced learning, but her teacher has customized her learning to continue to challenge her academically. Marcus & Nicky

Posted January 17, 2014

At North Texas Christian Academy they are teaching our kids better life skills and how to deal best with different situations. My children love it there and feel more confident and cared for by these teachers than they have at any other school. I get to hear all the time how much fun and how much easier it is to learn in this atmosphere. Knowing my children are safe and that the teachers are there for the kids and not just for a paycheck makes all the difference in the world to this mom.

Posted January 17, 2014

Great school with wonderful teachers and staff. Small teacher to student ratios make it great for learning and one on one time. Everyone there treats students like.

Posted September 14, 2013

My prek child loves going to school every day. She is so excited. The new head of school is very friendly and welcoming each day. My child gives him a high five each morning. Everyone is very kind and nice. A lot of changes have been made since they bad reviews on here were made. And they are for the better!! I hope I can keep my child here for many years! My oldest goes to public school always has and we have always had problems with bullies etc. We did not qualify for public school prek so we looked here. I am so happy we chose to do that because we a very pleased and my little one LOVES it! Please check them out for yourself you will be amazed!

Posted September 8, 2013

Both of my kids loved this school. They can't wait to go to school each day. The staff and teachers are amazing. They put the kids' interest above anything else. We love the Head of School too. He is very personal and passionate about making the school a top choice for parents. We are very blessed to be in this school.

Posted September 8, 2013

North Texas Christian Academy is a Christian School in McKinney, Texas that focuses on Academics, and spiritual formation of students. The school teaches a Christian-world view of all subjects. It has small class sizes, and a nurturing, understanding staff. The school believes in project-based learning, collaborative work, student-centered learning, problem solving, and critical thinking. It is a wonderful place for students to learn and grow. Both my children attend the school, and they are challenged by the curriculum and their teachers everyday.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 17, 2013

we have been coming here for 3 years through the MDO program and have really enjoyed it. As far as payment goes - yes of course you have to pay before your child goes the first month. That is how private school works! There have been many teacher changes as far as the pre-school goes & they have really great ones now. We love Mrs. Carrie & Mrs. Jennifer. They are very caring and patient with the children. Also the Headmaster has changed & he is always very welcoming and kind. My son has really enjoyed NTCA.

Posted November 6, 2011

This is our first year in the elementary school, and we have been very impressed. The academic programs are excellent, and the class has a warm, loving environment. The communication from the school office and the individual teachers is amazing. We get emails often with updates and important information.

Posted September 14, 2011

I have been very impressed with the quality of leadership and teaching as North Texas Christian Academy. I am very happy with the class sizes, personalized attention that my son is receiving and the curriculum. My son has advance so much in such a short amount of time it is truely amazing. Thank you for NTCA for the awsome education my son is receiving and for the values and morals that are being instilled in his character.

Posted September 14, 2011

We love this school!! We love the Teachers & the Administration!! Our daughter loves going to school each & everyday! She has been attending North Texas Christian Academy for 5 years for Pre-School & Elementary and year after year we are more and more pleased!! NTCA is fully accredited by the National Christian School Association and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. As a parent, I feel connected with each of my daughter's teachers and feel that they not only teach her to be an excellent student but also show her God's love in her life. I am surprised by the other comments!! NEVER have we felt lied to or uninvolved. I pray that you will give your child the opportunity to be loved & shown God's love.

Posted October 8, 2010

Very Unsatisfied! I have not experienced the love and nurturing spoken of by the other parents. In contrast, I have seen a very rude staff, unfeeling head master and a strict, domatic agenda. The only real contact has been to discuss costs, and getting those paid ahead of time. Even to the point of owing a $1 and being repeatedly called about it. If you give a deposit you won't have any chance of getting it back. I think the teachers are ver good academically speaking, and my complaints with the school are the lack of Christ's love I see shown. I see dogmatic bible curriculum, but little of Jesus love and compassion shown toward the kids or parents. It appears to be very "exclusive" and hard to break into the inner circle. If you go to the church, you should be fine, otherwise I would suggest another school.

Posted September 28, 2010

I cannot agree more with some of the other unsatisfactory reviews. My family and I had some of the same problems when our son went to preschool there for less than two weeks. Number one you have to pay your deposit and for the first month before your child can start the first day. Don't expect to get your money back if the school is not a right fit for your child. I also agree that they emphasize structure too much for preschoolers, and they did not offer ANY opportunities for the children to participate in creative play or liberal arts. All of which new research shows, produces little ones with a lifetime appreciation of learning and school. I was also not pleased with how unfriendly the staff were every time that I sent my child to school. I could go on, but needless to say NOT happy!!!!

Posted September 16, 2010

The director and staff have no clue how to relate to small children! Were met each morning with sour faces and barely spoken to. There is much said about structure but little said about nurturing, this should have been our first clue. The class room does not cater to a childs imagination nor does it understand that children learn best while having fun. Stucture and repitition work well for producing little robots but does little to crate a life long love of learning. The staff is unfriendly and at times rude. This is not an environment I want my grand child to be a part of. He has a new school now that he loves and is learning through creative play and self problem solving. Most of all he is met each day with smiles and hugs and made to feel secure and welcomed!

Posted July 31, 2010

My husband and I were lied to by this school over and over again, we were told just what we wanted to hear. We decided to not enroll our child, but make sure you are sure before you give them any money, because you won't get it back!

Posted May 10, 2010

North Texas Christian strives to show love and Christian values in all areas of the school. The school has a committment to provide the highest academic standards in a Christ-like environment. The teachers are highly qualified educators and wonderful Christians who love what they do each day. If you are looking for a nurturing, highly academic environment for your child's education, then NTCA is the place for you.

Posted November 19, 2009

Greatest school ever!!!! I came here in 08 and I loved!
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 3, 2009

My child has to have 3 different uniforms for her 3 days a week of school. She has to have a special sweater to wear in class to keep warm. She has to have different shirts for field trips, fridays, etc. They constantly send home requests for donations to the church, donations to the school, money due for different activities, etc. Yet, nothing telling me the school was filled with swine flu. The 9 week report card was computer printed with A for Attempted and D for demonstrated in all her activites. No evaluations of any kind. I have no idea if she is learning or retaining anything. And now, that I have requested to remove my child, the response was, OK take her out, but you're paying us for a years tutions regardless. sound like a group of educators? Sound Christian? Not to me!!!

Posted March 5, 2009

When we first came to North Texas Christian, our child was having a hard time adjusting to life in the public school system. Kids were mean to her and picked on her so her self esteem was very low. She was only in second grade. Since enrolling her at NTCA, ,we have seen her blossum and make friends. She is excited to go to school everyday and is getting blessed everyday with wonderful students and faculty memebers and NTCA. Thank you Lord!

Posted October 14, 2008

I can not say enough good things about North Texas Christian Academy. I have three children that attend currently and will have a fourth start next year. This is our 5th school year and we are extremely happy with the education our children are receiving. The academics are challenging and they receive daily Bible instruction. All of the teachers and staff are Christians. They provide a safe and nurturing environment for both learning and character development. In addition to the basic curriculum, additional instruction is provided in Spanish, Art, Music, PE and Computers. Most importantly to us in the warm and loving environment that our children are in every day.

Two or more races 7% N/A
Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff None
English
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Extra learning resources offered
  • Differentiated learning programs

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
Clubs
  • Martial arts (judo, tae kwon do, karate, etc)

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:30 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Aaron Chowning
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Church of Christ
Associations
  • NCSA
Fax number
  • (972) 547-6748

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• College prep
  • Individually guided instruction
  • Project-based
  • Standards-based
  • Virtual school
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Instrumental music lessons
Performing arts
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Drama club
  • Martial arts (judo, tae kwon do, karate, etc)
  • Student newspaper
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom