Posted June 22, 2014
Both my kids attend this school and we are happy and please with the learning environment at Ogle. In all my years seeing principals in action, I've never seen a principal that is so easily accessible. The teachers are great for the most part. You will never find the perfect teachers for each parent liking; it's just not practical or realistic. However, they genuinely want our kids to succeed. The attention and care the teachers give these students is not only visible but palpable. My husband and I believe that in order to make any school successful/succeed, we should start with our own kids at home. Ogle Elementary is a great school, it's not perfect but no school is perfect.

Ogle Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2014
My kids went to this school about a year and a half ago. We had always been in the McKinney ISD area and frankly this school is one of the reasons we moved back to McKinney ISD. The people were kind to a certain degree, but the McKinney schools had a much better hospitality, and my children don't complain about their new schools.

Posted April 30, 2014
This is our first year at Ogle Elementary and my family and I have been quite impressed with the individual attention we've received. Not just from the homeroom teacher but also the other teachers, substitutes, crossing guards, office staff and even the Principal herself! We came from a private school and wondered if we'd just be a number in a large public school. Not at Ogle Elementary! Each student really matters as they strive for excellence everyday.

Posted September 10, 2013
Our School is Ogle Elementary. We moved to McKinney this summer after 10 years in Frisco and it was very important to us to stay in the Frisco ISD because of how great the school system is. The Ogle staff has made this transition very smooth and hassle free. We are able to enroll our two children without issue. My husband went to the school prior to enrolling and meet the principle, she since then has recognized him several times after that! Meet the teacher day was stress free and fun! I must say the crazy car pool lanes took some getting used to. Our last school allowed students to be dropped off anywhere in line. I did try to figure out how I would have designed it and I couldn't come up with a better system. Goes to show they do know what they are doing. My son broke his arm (at home) the second week of school. His teacher was very concerned and made sure he would be able play at recess while being safe. All in all Ogle and its staff has already exceeded our expectations and we are looking forward to several wonderful years! Thanks, The Wood Family!

Posted December 18, 2012
Love this school, especially my son's kindergarten teacher. I really appreciate how quickly the teachers respond to you when you have a question or concern.

Posted April 25, 2012
Sounds like the poster below may have not been asked to return to Ogle? Mrs. Tinsley provides lots of chances to teachers. But she expects teachers to provide the best for their students. When I worked at Ogle I was proud of the strong teachers and administration. Mrs. Tinsley reallly works on developing her teachers. It may seem like turnover, but actually three teachers were selected by the district to be instructional coaches and another teacher will be a school counselor next year. I believe more teachers were taken from Ogle than any other school in the district to be instructional coaches. It is unfortunate, but amongst all the great teachers at Ogle...mediocre teachers stick out like a sore thumb! Sounds like the poster may have fallen into that category. Great school that works hard for kids!

Ogle Elementary School 1

Posted April 24, 2012
This school does not have a leader, it has a dictator who belittles the teachers, and never offers positive feedback or constructive criticism. Every year, teachers try to leave by applying for transfers. The 16 available positions should speak for themselves this year. This is normal, as each year there is a high turnover. I have taught in previous districts and never seen anything like this. There is a school building full of teachers that believe in the success of the kids and providing a quality education but are not allowed to follow gut instincts because of the lack of leadership and the military way the school is run. I also have concern because they work to bring up the lower students, but the average or above average students are not challenged. I would not recommend this school, nor would I allow my own children to attend this school. We should expect better of our schools. I hope the parents and teachers begin to stand up more for what they believe is important in the education of these students.

Posted April 24, 2010
What a fantastic school! My son is currently finishing up kindergarten. He has had a wonderful year at Ogle.

Posted August 02, 2009
I have two children who attend Ogle. This will be our third year at this school. And I must say, 'I LOVE OGLE'. I am a very involved parent and I spend several hours at the school each week. My children are reading and writing beautifully and they both have a super possitive attitude toward school. They love to go! The school trys so hard to include parents in everything. I attend Good Morning Ogle every Friday morning, I eat lunch with my kiddo's, I am a volunteer, so I get to help their teachers with projects. I just love it! The teachers always have smiles on their faces and always make me feel welcome. I wouldn't dream of placing my children in any other school!

Ogle Elementary School 4

Posted March 31, 2009

Ogle Elementary School
4200 Big Fork Trail, McKinney, TX  75070
Last modified Ogle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ogle Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top