Bad
Good

We moved from the East Coast where I was a Home-School Mom determined to avoid public school at all cost until we heard about Ogle and decided to give it a chance(and me a break)! So glad we did! I have one child in the GT program and one who is not, and It's been a wonderful school with excellent leadership. The Principal is very kind and it's not uncommon to see her at car pool, helping special ed students, even at the cross walk! The Vice-principal is very sweet as well, and if there are concerns I believe they take them seriously. Of course there will be teachers that are better at their job than others, but that's at EVERY school; that's why it's important to stay in communication with your child's teacher, visit at lunch time when possible. Ridiculous to rate this school based on your experience as a room parent and if your child has missed too many days of school! Just FYI, Ogle follows Frisco ISD Truancy policies!

It's awful as a new parent to the school. I stepped up to be the room parent because no one else did. The parents are so rude, they rolled their eyes and treated me so rudely. Not a good environment.

We read the '10' rating and that was part of our decision to move here. What a disaster. This rating is for the 2013-2015 school years. Administration is very shifty with genuine concerns. Teachers seem hired to just put bodies in classrooms and then are defended vehemently by the school officials when students struggle or the teacher's exhibit bad behavior. We've witnessed yelling, public shaming and autocratic tendencies by the teachers from all grades above 1st. Health concerns fall on deaf ears here. Don't get sick. Send your students to school with the flu or a fever rather than have to deal with the truancy board. And no, Dr's excuses don't cut it at Ogle Elementary. This school has lost the vision on what it is supposed to do. Stay away at all costs.

Both my kids attend this school and we are happy and please with the learning environment at Ogle. In all my years seeing principals in action, I've never seen a principal that is so easily accessible. The teachers are great for the most part. You will never find the perfect teachers for each parent liking; it's just not practical or realistic. However, they genuinely want our kids to succeed. The attention and care the teachers give these students is not only visible but palpable. My husband and I believe that in order to make any school successful/succeed, we should start with our own kids at home. Ogle Elementary is a great school, it's not perfect but no school is perfect.

My kids went to this school about a year and a half ago. We had always been in the McKinney ISD area and frankly this school is one of the reasons we moved back to McKinney ISD. The people were kind to a certain degree, but the McKinney schools had a much better hospitality, and my children don't complain about their new schools.

This is our first year at Ogle Elementary and my family and I have been quite impressed with the individual attention we've received. Not just from the homeroom teacher but also the other teachers, substitutes, crossing guards, office staff and even the Principal herself! We came from a private school and wondered if we'd just be a number in a large public school. Not at Ogle Elementary! Each student really matters as they strive for excellence everyday.

Our School is Ogle Elementary. We moved to McKinney this summer after 10 years in Frisco and it was very important to us to stay in the Frisco ISD because of how great the school system is. The Ogle staff has made this transition very smooth and hassle free. We are able to enroll our two children without issue. My husband went to the school prior to enrolling and meet the principle, she since then has recognized him several times after that! Meet the teacher day was stress free and fun! I must say the crazy car pool lanes took some getting used to. Our last school allowed students to be dropped off anywhere in line. I did try to figure out how I would have designed it and I couldn't come up with a better system. Goes to show they do know what they are doing. My son broke his arm (at home) the second week of school. His teacher was very concerned and made sure he would be able play at recess while being safe. All in all Ogle and its staff has already exceeded our expectations and we are looking forward to several wonderful years! Thanks, The Wood Family!

Love this school, especially my son's kindergarten teacher. I really appreciate how quickly the teachers respond to you when you have a question or concern.

Sounds like the poster below may have not been asked to return to Ogle? Mrs. Tinsley provides lots of chances to teachers. But she expects teachers to provide the best for their students. When I worked at Ogle I was proud of the strong teachers and administration. Mrs. Tinsley reallly works on developing her teachers. It may seem like turnover, but actually three teachers were selected by the district to be instructional coaches and another teacher will be a school counselor next year. I believe more teachers were taken from Ogle than any other school in the district to be instructional coaches. It is unfortunate, but amongst all the great teachers at Ogle...mediocre teachers stick out like a sore thumb! Sounds like the poster may have fallen into that category. Great school that works hard for kids!

This school does not have a leader, it has a dictator who belittles the teachers, and never offers positive feedback or constructive criticism. Every year, teachers try to leave by applying for transfers. The 16 available positions should speak for themselves this year. This is normal, as each year there is a high turnover. I have taught in previous districts and never seen anything like this. There is a school building full of teachers that believe in the success of the kids and providing a quality education but are not allowed to follow gut instincts because of the lack of leadership and the military way the school is run. I also have concern because they work to bring up the lower students, but the average or above average students are not challenged. I would not recommend this school, nor would I allow my own children to attend this school. We should expect better of our schools. I hope the parents and teachers begin to stand up more for what they believe is important in the education of these students.

Last modified Ogle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.