Dr Jack Cockrill Middle School 2

Posted February 24, 2014
I think that it his school can be great for some, but not for me. The teachers are AMAZING but the students however, are not. Many kids will cuss often, do t do work, or disrespect teachers. I don't like it.

Dr Jack Cockrill Middle School 4

Posted October 30, 2013
This school is fabulous but there's a problem that needs to be solve immediately. The issue is inappropriate language in school (which involves cursing, verbal and physical bullying, etc.) I felt that the 7th and 8th graders should not be allowed to talk inappropriately in or out of school.

Posted January 20, 2013
I attended Cockrill from 7th-8th grade. The staff was amazing!!! I loved each and every single one of my teachers. I felt like i was truly learning a lot and that the did a great job of preparing me for high school. The extracurricular activities were outstanding as well especially sports. The coaches NEVER used foul language around the us and also made sure that the kids were doing good in the classroom as well as on the field. Cockrill was a very good middle school, but the only complaint I would have to make would be the fact that sometimes the other kids could be very mean to each other and some bullying took place, but that can be expected in nearly every middle school. Since graduation from Cockrill I have gone on to be a phenomenal student at McKinney Boyd. My freshman year I maintained a 4.0 GPA and am currently ranked in the top 6% of my class. I feel that Cockrill played a huge role in my success, and I would strongly recommend enrolling there.

Dr Jack Cockrill Middle School 1

Posted August 28, 2012
Transferring from out of state is a huge challenge. We submitted online registration 2 weeks prior to school starting and was reassured registrar would request student records which included immunization record from prior school. That didn't happen until the 2nd day of school. I brought in proof documents 5 times to the school after receiving no returned phone calls or emails to find out status. First impressions of a school are given by the office and registrar and they were not at all interested in what my concerns were but would talk over me or walk away while I"m talking. Which explains why they didn't understand me the 5 times I had to come in and provide the same documents. Had to take time off work just to try to communicate with school. I hope the teachers and administrators are much more professional and take an interest in educating my child. So far everyone in McKinney has been great, just a poor first impression of this school unfortunately.

Dr Jack Cockrill Middle School 3

Posted August 18, 2012
All I know about this school is 2 6th graders entering this school and the fact that they always beat our school basketball team. (out team sucked anyway this year...)

Dr Jack Cockrill Middle School 3

Posted July 20, 2011
cockrill is GREAT! but the only thing i would have to change.... would be how some students treat eachother. its a major problem.... trust me.

Posted January 27, 2011
I have been attending Jack Cockrill Middle School for all 3 years it has been open, and i love it!! Especially the best teacher in the world, Mrs. Thompson!

Dr Jack Cockrill Middle School 0

Posted January 10, 2010
The entire staff at Cockrill, from Dr. Defelice down, is the most incredible, caring group of educators my family has had the pleasure of being around. I have one child at this school currently, and he is challenged and rewarded every day. I would recommend this school and staff to any parent looking for an exemplary educational experience for their child!

Posted December 15, 2009
I love this school so much! Every day here is the best day for me.

Posted September 21, 2009

Dr Jack Cockrill Middle School
1351 Hardin Road, McKinney, TX  75071
Last modified Dr Jack Cockrill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dr Jack Cockrill Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top