Bad
Good

Cockrill is an amazing school that I have joined. The teachers care for their student like their own child. The school is very diverse in many way. Art and Drama are great electives I chose. If you are a parent, and your not sure if you want to send your child/ children to Cockrill you definitely should. And your child will find a friend in no time

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Always care for students in many ways

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The teachers always make sure you know the information before giving the homework out

We are new to the school district this year. I have a 6th grader and a 7th grader. Wonderful teachers overall, especially the 7th grade pre-AP teachers. Wonderful coaches for my son who is in Athletics. They have been supportive of him and boosted his confidence. Although he experienced a fair amount of bullying at his previous school, this has not happened at Cockrill. Excellent communication by all teachers with at least weekly email updates. My least favorite thing about Cockrill is the after school pick-up. It's one big free for all with only one drive through lane and kids exiting the school and walking all over the place out into traffic.

I think that it his school can be great for some, but not for me. The teachers are AMAZING but the students however, are not. Many kids will cuss often, do t do work, or disrespect teachers. I don't like it.

This school is fabulous but there's a problem that needs to be solve immediately. The issue is inappropriate language in school (which involves cursing, verbal and physical bullying, etc.) I felt that the 7th and 8th graders should not be allowed to talk inappropriately in or out of school.

I attended Cockrill from 7th-8th grade. The staff was amazing!!! I loved each and every single one of my teachers. I felt like i was truly learning a lot and that the did a great job of preparing me for high school. The extracurricular activities were outstanding as well especially sports. The coaches NEVER used foul language around the us and also made sure that the kids were doing good in the classroom as well as on the field. Cockrill was a very good middle school, but the only complaint I would have to make would be the fact that sometimes the other kids could be very mean to each other and some bullying took place, but that can be expected in nearly every middle school. Since graduation from Cockrill I have gone on to be a phenomenal student at McKinney Boyd. My freshman year I maintained a 4.0 GPA and am currently ranked in the top 6% of my class. I feel that Cockrill played a huge role in my success, and I would strongly recommend enrolling there.

Transferring from out of state is a huge challenge. We submitted online registration 2 weeks prior to school starting and was reassured registrar would request student records which included immunization record from prior school. That didn't happen until the 2nd day of school. I brought in proof documents 5 times to the school after receiving no returned phone calls or emails to find out status. First impressions of a school are given by the office and registrar and they were not at all interested in what my concerns were but would talk over me or walk away while I"m talking. Which explains why they didn't understand me the 5 times I had to come in and provide the same documents. Had to take time off work just to try to communicate with school. I hope the teachers and administrators are much more professional and take an interest in educating my child. So far everyone in McKinney has been great, just a poor first impression of this school unfortunately.

All I know about this school is 2 6th graders entering this school and the fact that they always beat our school basketball team. (out team sucked anyway this year...)

cockrill is GREAT! but the only thing i would have to change.... would be how some students treat eachother. its a major problem.... trust me.

Last modified Dr Jack Cockrill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.