Bad
Good

Amazing, simply could not be more proud to ha e my two sons attend this wonderful school! Principal Little is amazing, kind, and committed to excellence! Thank you McGowen!

Best school we could ask for to start Kinder! My older son had been in a different school, and we had many problems with teachers, getting answers, and finally the administrators. At McGowen, I was worried for my middle son, since he is every bright, but I feared he might end up bored and restless, getting himself into trouble. No need for concen! Ms. Gimber has been the best teacher I've ever met, and she has been fantastic for my son! She keeps him engaged, and if he completes assignments early, she always finds ways for him to assist her, do extra work, etc. He feels valued & loves to go to her class every day. She has gone far above and beyond for us, including emails, calls, and sending photos! She even called one morning to remind me of an event because my son thought I'd forgotten! The office staff are always helpful & friendly, but WILL enforce policies (no ID, no Entrance! I'm ok with it!). They relay messages & help navigate new territory for parents just starting into the school process. And the school invites step-siblings into events (festival/dance), which means a lot to mixed families. Atmosphere is inviting, warm, educational, and comforting!

I have two kids at McGowen, and "exemplary" doesn't do the school justice! Attend one of the monthly "Maverick Fan Jam" assemblies, and the excitement is contagious. Teachers and administrative staff are energetic, compassionate, and extremely dedicated to giving our children a well-rounded and positive environment. The campus is beautiful and high-tech, and school spirit activities are common. We've had such a wonderful experience with involved teachers year after year!

I have two kids attending this school and it is a wonderful school with amazing teachers. I also feel it is a safe place for my children to learn and grow intellectually.

Goo school and safe place. My kids enjoy everyday in their school days.

McGowen has great leadership, caring teachers, and some SERIOUS school spirit. The kids really take pride in thier school and thier academic accomplishments! Best school in Mckinney!

I think the Principal and the teachers are great! They are very good with the kids.

McGowen Elementary is a prize! My daughter started Kindergarten there in the first year they opened. She has been blessed with great teachers, and I am truly thankful for the encouragement they give our kids!

McGowen is exemplary our first year!! Awesome job McGowen!! Thank you to the kids, parents, teachers and staff for making our first year standing apart from the start. Roxann

McGowen is exemplary in the first year and the kids and staff and parents love being part of it! It is an amazing place!

Last modified Jesse Mcgowen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.