Mooneyham Elementary School 4

Posted August 06, 2014
I agree with the comment posted by one of the parents. My son us going to third grade now. In second grade, the teacher he got didn't seem to go 'above and beyond'. Most of the time there used to be a substitute. Management does a lot of fund raising but they need to focus more on managing their teachers and who they are hiring.

Mooneyham Elementary School 4

Posted June 22, 2014
Mooneyham is generally well run and the students perform well. That being said, there are some problems. First, the principal hires too many teachers straight from student-teaching, which means that the children sometimes get teachers who are still learning and are very young. Everyone starts young, but they can start at a different school district that does not have such high pay rates! This "hire them right out of school" approach makes sense in some districts, but Frisco ISD ought to be able to compete for the best, most experienced teachers, and I do not see that level of performance, with some exceptions. I also wonder how motivated the teachers are, as it seems that teacher attendance and year completion rates are low. I understand taking time off for babies, but there are too many other situations that have come up in the school that have caused teacher attendance problems. I do not see many teachers going "above and beyond." I would like to see more parent involvement, but we are pretty much limited to photocopying and fund-raising. I do not have a problem with the principal; she seems nice but is a little distant.

Posted August 11, 2012
Engaging Kindergarten teachers, girl likes school and teachers. Driving to school (car dropoff/pickups) will be a difficult task starting 2012 year due to changed traffic patterns. Could use more kids play area too ! Very good school.

Posted April 10, 2012
My son is in 1st grade at Mooneyham and the teachers have been outstanding! We have had nothing but positive experiences with the school including the staff of teachers and the principal.

Mooneyham Elementary School 3

Posted March 26, 2011
nothing special. very weird and unfriendly principal. she makes you feel unwelcomed. 5th grade teachers are horrible.

Posted March 09, 2010
Strange school, teachers are good, but do not have good support from leaders, very weak principal

Posted November 10, 2009

Posted May 13, 2009
We have a child in Kindergarten in this school and I have to say that we are very happy with the quality of learing in general. Teachers are quite good as well. Principal is cordial.

Posted August 08, 2008
This school has excellent teachers (for the most part) that really care and are passionate about how well their children perform. The teachers treat each child as an individual and have a lot of one-on-one and small group teaching, thank you teachers!

Posted July 24, 2008
Mooneyham is wonderful! I especially love the 5th grade team and the Principal who is VERY friendly.

Mooneyham Elementary School
2301 Eden Drive, McKinney, TX  75070
Last modified Mooneyham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mooneyham Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top