Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Honestly, as a 7th grader, staff must realize many things. First of all, do they not realize kids could have mental issues? I, myself, am diagnosed with a few illnesses. I truly think kids shouldn't be stressed to the limit of tears, and that their mental health should come first. And the fact you cannot trust ANYONE, does not help. Second of all, the fights and "annoying" students in class. Physical fights happen in hallways from time to time, anywhere. It can even cause other students harm; as for experience, I was in the hallways in 6th grade, until a kid threw another and they ran into me-I hit the ground hard and no one bothered to help. Figures. Kids never shut up. And even if they do, they always snirk and giggle at each other, it doesn't help. I don't care if you think you're top class, if you don't want to work, don't. But you won't always be successful in life either, unless you already know that. Thirddd of all, please, teachers, don't stress kids out so much. If you see they're suffering, help them out. Don't give us so much work, it may be easier for you and others kids, but not for everyone. There's just so many issues at this school that bother me and others - Wish I could explain them all but it might be too long? Also, if I get caught, I could care less. I'm just sick of this. Watch out for what kids say about others. Seriously. You don't know what it could do. P.S. dress code rules. Come on. Torn jeans won't even count when it shows no skin?? And shoulders?? Ok. No. Sorry but, this school could be better. Control your students and yourselves. P.P.S why is the cafeteria food so much money good lord

Amount of homework: Disagree

its way too stress funn my daughter has begin to cry ever night from stress

Develops character: Strongly disagree

the teachers pick faves mainly coach bro he is very rude to .and inappropriate ect....

The one star I'm giving this is for the music program. Overpopulated,too many racist kids, they will immeaditely accuse you of NOTHING without proof. SOME good teachers. Horrible counselers who do nothing but get into your business. You know who you are,yes,I'm talking about you. Back up horrible teachers who are in the wrong. Only give you about 1 pass a week for restroom/emgerencies. Not pleasant to be sitting in class filled with that five gallon drink you drank at lunch and know you're out of passes. 4 minutes a passing period. Hardly enough. 3 tardies and you go to Thursday night school "to reflect on what you've done" so I'm in trouble for going to the restroom and get late for relieving myself. I'm such a bad kid. Horrible. Just horrible. Actually disappointed.

Worst school ever. My kids went here and hated it. Now there is an alarming amount of drugs and inappropriate behavior from these kids and nothing is done about it.

I've been very impressed so far. Teacher involvement is wonderful. The principle seems very friendly and willing to help. It really seems like an excellent environment for the children to learn and grow.

This is an excellent school with amazing faculty. Coach Evans is an amazing mentor to the children. I moved to this area because of the school district and it was the best decision of my life. My child has gone to Scoggins from 6th grade to 8th grade. They are very strict but they will get to know your child and help realize a students true potential. Anyone would be blessed for their child to have the opportunity to attend a school like Scoggins.

Don't let the past reviews fool you - you'll find disgruntled parents at every school. The school is run effeciently. There are strong educators and leaders on the campus. We have one year of Scoggins under our belt and my son has never been happier about school. I'm sure we'll have bumps in the road, but the ultimate responsibility lies with me and my son to make the most out of this middle school learning experience. While snapshot scores don't reveal the whole picture, Scoggins' exemplary rating is by no accident.

My daugter opened this school in 2008 and had a great 8th grade year. My son is now in 7th grade and has had an ok time there. Most teachers are nice, but they don't make enough time for the kids.Some of them dont respond to emails unless more than one is sent. I am sure it because they have way to much to do not that they don't want to do it. Being there for Tutorials, meetings and a regular school day it makes long days for them. The Athletics program is awesome, all the Coaches are great expecially Coach Evans. He truly cares about the kids and their grades and makes the sport secondary which I love. School should always be first.

Hello, I just wanted to say how a while back. My son was outside when a hurt bird was walking around. And someone told the principal that he was trying to step on it. Without proof she pulled him in after school and began yelling at him. Then she called me and yelled at me. Afterwards she put me on speaker to hear what I had to say, but luckily I'm bilingual and so is my son. This school will call you for every little thing they see as a problem. It's terrible.

Last modified Scoggins Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.