Posted April 24, 2014
Worst school ever. My kids went here and hated it. Now there is an alarming amount of drugs and inappropriate behavior from these kids and nothing is done about it.

Posted October 24, 2013
I've been very impressed so far. Teacher involvement is wonderful. The principle seems very friendly and willing to help. It really seems like an excellent environment for the children to learn and grow.

Posted September 09, 2013
This is an excellent school with amazing faculty. Coach Evans is an amazing mentor to the children. I moved to this area because of the school district and it was the best decision of my life. My child has gone to Scoggins from 6th grade to 8th grade. They are very strict but they will get to know your child and help realize a students true potential. Anyone would be blessed for their child to have the opportunity to attend a school like Scoggins.

Posted June 04, 2013
Don't let the past reviews fool you - you'll find disgruntled parents at every school. The school is run effeciently. There are strong educators and leaders on the campus. We have one year of Scoggins under our belt and my son has never been happier about school. I'm sure we'll have bumps in the road, but the ultimate responsibility lies with me and my son to make the most out of this middle school learning experience. While snapshot scores don't reveal the whole picture, Scoggins' exemplary rating is by no accident.

Scoggins Middle School 3

Posted May 14, 2013
My daugter opened this school in 2008 and had a great 8th grade year. My son is now in 7th grade and has had an ok time there. Most teachers are nice, but they don't make enough time for the kids.Some of them dont respond to emails unless more than one is sent. I am sure it because they have way to much to do not that they don't want to do it. Being there for Tutorials, meetings and a regular school day it makes long days for them. The Athletics program is awesome, all the Coaches are great expecially Coach Evans. He truly cares about the kids and their grades and makes the sport secondary which I love. School should always be first.

Posted August 13, 2012
Hello, I just wanted to say how a while back. My son was outside when a hurt bird was walking around. And someone told the principal that he was trying to step on it. Without proof she pulled him in after school and began yelling at him. Then she called me and yelled at me. Afterwards she put me on speaker to hear what I had to say, but luckily I'm bilingual and so is my son. This school will call you for every little thing they see as a problem. It's terrible.

Scoggins Middle School 2

Posted August 13, 2012
Hello I am an eighth grade student from Scoggins. This school is probably the worst in the dristrict. I mean there are no fights, no drug problems, but in terms of the Adminastration? It's terrible. They're always angry, and they always push us to do things that we never have a Problem with in the first place. Such as the Bullying program, and telling us to keep our hands to ourself. I got in trouble for giving my friend a hug once. They will acuse you even without proof, and punish you. 4 minutes in between each class to get your books, go to the bathroom, and by that you're sprinting to each class. Then a teacher stops you and tells you to go back and walk. Then OOPS! You're late. Then rather than going to your class, it's apparently necessary to walk all the way down to the office, wait 3 minutes for a tardy pass, than walk back up. Missing at least 5-10 minutes of class. A new school opened up near by, and we had kids literally attacking those forms. Some good friends of mine said they're willing to actually drive 4 miles to the new school just to get away from this one. I only gave 2 stars because the Athletics program is good. But coaches will punish you. Expect complaining.

Scoggins Middle School 3

Posted March 07, 2012
My daughter is attending 6th grade at Scoggins and we have found the school to be a mixed bag in meeting our expectations. While I understand the need to have structure, this school goes overboard with all their rules and regulations. The dumbest being the 4 minutes between periods which is not enough given their other rule that students cannot bring their backpacks into class necessitating they go to their lockers between periods. My daughter refrains from drinking water while at school because she cannot take the time to go to the bathroom! The students must use one of their allotted passes if they want to leave the classroom to go to the bathroom or their locker if they forgot something, but they only receive enough to use one pass per week and she hoards these for emergencies. There are some good teachers,but we are very happy that she will be going to a new school next year and Scoggins is a only a one year proposition for us.

Posted May 13, 2011
Worst school in FISD, possibly in Texas. This school is like a prison with the warden, Ms. Warner, keeping her minions in line (the administration) and keeping everything she does from the FISD board of education and the parents of the children who attend. We are withdrawing our child from this terrible, dangerous, and abusive school at the end of the year and seeking alternative education venues for our child. Good luck to those who have to and/or choose to stay there. Its your child's future. i would rate a zero, but have to put at least 1 star.

Posted May 13, 2011
This school is terrible. If you are a parent wanting to be heard about your concerns, don't expect the administration to cooperate with you in the least. The teachers are emboldened by the administration protecting them and pretty much treat your child how they feel necessary. And, believe me, they are not reasonable or in any way nurturing.

Scoggins Middle School
7070 Stacy Road, McKinney, TX  75070
Last modified Scoggins Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scoggins Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top