Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 19, 2016
Mrs. Finney is an amazing teacher! She engages her students, unlike teacher I have encountered. She is so compassionate and caring with her students. Her students are excited about learning. I am just so impressed by her and her teaching ability. We wish so much that she would move up grades, in hopes that we might get her for our child's teacher again. So good!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 19, 2016
The teachers, we have had and had contact with, have been amazing. They care about their students and get the students engaged and excited about learning. Well done, McClure teachers!!!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 19, 2016
I think they give the right amount. We have a lot of activities and we're still able to complete assignments. The goal of homework is to practice what they have learned at school and I think it is necessary. They need some of this. I have heard of some schools where the children are overloaded with homework. I think McClure, from our experience, hits it right on target!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 19, 2016
Absolutely! McClure is very much about persistence and determination. They teach and guide the students to do their best...giving each project their full attention and hard work.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 19, 2016
I think the teachers and administrators are very respectful to the students and in turn, the students are very respectful to them. They are developing respect in the students. Having the students show respect, as well as, teaching the student to respect themselves. I believe the students will continue to benefit from this...long after they leave McClure. Well done.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 19, 2016
Their motto is Engaging the Heart, Head and Hands… I totally agree that they are instilling compassion, empathy and caring. I have witnessed this many times, again and again.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 19, 2016
In my experience, the teachers and administrators have all exhibited honesty and integrity. I have witnessed the teachers and staff being very fair and caring to their students.

Lizzie Nell Cundiff Mcclure Elementary School 5

Posted May 19, 2016
We have been at this school for 3 years. The teachers and administrators are top notch! We LOVE this school!!! We could not ask for a better school. We are so appreciative of the level of commitment and caring environment our children are a part of at this school.

Lizzie Nell Cundiff Mcclure Elementary School 5

Posted November 18, 2015
We relocated from out of state this year and have had noting but amazing experiences with the school. The school has so many things going on where anyone can participate and feel as part of a great community. My child has ADHD and everyone has been very understanding, accommodating, and trying to help with success. The teachers and admins that I have interacted have all been top notch. Not to mention the school itself is very new, clean, and beautiful. So far we love everything about it.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted June 03, 2015
Students are not held accountable for their actions. The principal seems to have favorites. Unhappy learning environment.

1753 North Ridge Road, McKinney, TX  75071
Last modified Lizzie Nell Cundiff Mcclure Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.