No rating

Castle Montessori of McKinney

Private | PK-3 | 302 students

Living in McKinney

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $187,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,200.

Posted March 26, 2014

I enrolled my now 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son in October 2012 to try out Castle Montessori of McKinney to try out this school. I wish I would have moved them here sooner. This school is amazing! All of the teachers are so loving and caring as well as the director. They take and questions or concerns seriously. The school is immaculately clean and organized. My daughter is far more advanced than her friends that attend different schools. She came home the other day and was telling me about Bangladesh! My son could count to 10 in Spanish before he was 2 and knows all of his primary colors in Spanish amongst other words. One other thing I really like about this school that most other schools don't have is that they have a huge gym. At our last school, when it was too hot, cold, or rainy, they were stuck in their rooms all day. Here they can get out of their room and exercise. Not only do they have a gym but, a library, computer lab and music room. I love the fact they are not stuck in one room all day. Most days, my kids are not ready to come home after being there 9-10 hours. I HIGHLY recommend Castle Montessori of McKinney.

Posted March 25, 2014

We love Castle Montessori of McKinney. We have been there for 2.5 years and have both a 2.5 year old and an 8 month old in the program since they were each 3 months old. Student ratios are always on target and our children are always learning and challenged. Our favorite part about the school is the Director. Mrs. Chasity has a vested interest in each and every student and always makes us feel welcome when we walk in. She listens to your concerns and takes action when needed. The one negative would be turnover. I feel this is pretty standard in the industry so this is not a knock on Castle specifically. CMofMckinney makes a very strong effort to fill any vacancies quickly while not sacrificing any quality in the staff. The turnover we see is not in the lead teachers but rather in the assistants.

Posted March 25, 2014

Castle Montessori is a true Montessori school and the staff keeps true to its promise to put the children first always. My daughter is a preschooler at CM for about 2 years now. She has truly blossomed into an inquisitive, creative, courteous, and independent young girl. I love that the school is internationally diverse in both kids and staff. It was truly refreshing after visiting some of the other Montessori schools. Most of the parents were just like my wife and I. Parents who wanted a true Montessori education in a clean, safe and nurturing environment. This school is a super option if you have multiple kids. They accept infants ang go up to third grade and are open year round which is great for working families. It is a bit more expensive than other Montessori schools in the area but it is clearly worth it when you compare the caliber of teachers and their credentials/experience. The facilities are immaculate, the management and teachers are also very attentive and bend over backwards for you. Trust me, after looking at all the options in McKinney (and nearby Allen!), Castle Montessori stood out way above the rest. No regrets, just wish we could have found it sooner!

Posted January 13, 2014

I dont normally write reviews online, but I felt I had a duty to tell our story. My son attended this school from ages 14-18 months. we saw his primary teacher was a caring woman. But she was replaced 2 wks after we enrolled. We were told she was u happy due to the lack of benefits she was promised upon being hired? The teacher she was replaced with was nice but quite young. She said she was 19. She seemed overwhelmed with the 18-24 student size group. There was an assistant but she was there Only when the ratio exceeded 12 or 14. My son was not being watched carefully, and climbed up on a chair then fell, hitting his face on a table, fracturing his cheekbone! Prior to this, He came home many days with all sippy cups we sent (we brought drinks for him bc he had allergies) completely full. He was constantly constipated. I asked the teacher & she said, "well he didnt tell me he wanted a drink"! What?! He is 1.5 years old! Then, when we took him out, it took us over 3 months to get our deposit back even though we followed their rules for receiving our deposit back. We took him out the day after he fractured his bone. It could be a great school if they did things the right way.

Posted December 17, 2013

I worked at this school for 2 years, and dreaded going to work everyday. The owner doesn't treat the staff with any respect, and doesn't pay what the staff deserves. It is all about money at this school and they keep a lot of things from the parents. I do not recommend this school to anyone because all they can do is put on a good show. There is also a lot of drama between staff that it causes work ethics to go down.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted December 20, 2012

We have been at Castle Montessori for over two years now. It is a fantastic school! Of course every place you look are going to have a few hiccups. I have never once had and issue not be addressed. My son has thrived there. He is also ahead of other children his age. The teachers are loving and truly care about the children. Even after my son moved the the primary class, his toddler teacher stayed in touch with me. I have not seen much turn over with the lead teachers. I have witnessed a few staffing turn overs with the assistants or afterschool care. I think that is to be expected. Most of them are young college students and they find other opportunities. One thing is certain. There goal is solid. They are there to teach the children and I have witnessed this first hand - they exceed the standard. My son loves the school and loves the staff. I am proud to say my son attends Castle Montessori.

Posted November 30, 2012

I have been a teacher at Castle for three years with two children who also attend. Since starting at Castle I have been given every opportunity prove myself and move up. I am now a lead teacher and truely love each and every child as my own. Castle management and owners are definitely in this business for the right reason (children and their education ). I hope to stay at Castle for many years; it is not just a place for a job rather a career.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 23, 2012

So disappointed in this school. My 4 year old attended for 2 years and my 2 year old for the past year. They both had amazing teachers and thrived under their guidance, BUT when those teachers were not in the classroom I truly worried about their well being and would not leave them there for the day under anyone else's supervision. The staff turnover is atrocious which is a key indicator of an unstable school. I hope they can pull it together by treating their staff with respect, truly listening to the parents concerns BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY doing right by the kids. I would not recommend them to anyone because they have shown time and time again that the best interest of the children is not top priority when decisions are made.

Posted September 29, 2011

Super high turnover. The Director is a very good salesperson. The school has a great sales/marketing production and the facilities are emaculate. However, the teachers don 'rt seem happy and the communication to parents is poor.

Apply now