Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Posted November 21, 2015
This school is really getting great academic results from the kids. They teach them how to prepare for what life will bring them later. As a fairly new school, there are still a few kinks and bumps to straighten out. But our kids loves it here and it keeps them challenged

Imagine International Academy Of N 1

Posted November 03, 2015
So, most of the people who are commenting are parents, so of course they think it's great. The reality is that Imagine kinda sucks. I've been here since it started and my friends and I currently have break downs and freak outs ALL THE TIMES on the overload of homework. I usually have about 4-6 hours of homework a day because this school is not organized at all and all the teachers assign an unbearable amount of homework pretty much every single day. Also in Senior year, when you take the IB exams that give you an IB diploma, you have to pay a big amount for each of them (there is 5 I believe), and you can only take it once (two things Imagine just so HAPPEN to forget to mention when we all first came here). So if you fail the IB Diploma exams, then going to an IB school was a waste of time because there goes your IB diploma. Also, my older brother is in the DP program which is juniors and seniors, and I've heard from him AND several other juniors and seniors that almost everybody is failing DP because it is too hard and Imagine DOES NOT prepare you well for this in the earlier years. It is too late for those kids to leave Imagine because they are too far into high school already, but their GPA's are so screwed up because of Imagine. If you care about your child getting an academic scholarship or being an honor roll student or being in NJHS, I strongly advice you not to send them here. So far, every single year except for this one, Imagine has changed the way they grade, which is ridicules and unprofessional and unorganized. The principles and directors are nice but, at least in my experience, when you have a problem that you confront them with, all they do is smile and nod their heads, they don't do anything to change it. There is a 0% bully tolerance here but that is really all Imagine has going for them. I am sick of sleepless nights and crying over 5 hours of homework. Currently I am in the midst of trying to convince my parents to let me leave Imagine, because IT IS HELL

Imagine International Academy Of N
Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
The school bases it's philosophy on Imagine principles of justice integrity and fun. The definition of fun is that all stakeholders are given opportunities in decision making. Imagine academy also focuses on the international baccalaureate learner profile characteristics such as the principled, knowledgeable, inquirer, thinker, balanced, courageous and others. Although this school is only 3 years old they have made amazing progress and will soon be the model for many schools in the near future.

Posted May 30, 2015
Our 5 year old daughter was able to direct yesterday's student-led parent teacher conference for an entire hour. She was engaged and enthusiastic, articulate and academic. The growth this child made in her kindergarten year at the Imagine International Academy of North Texas was truly phenomenal. Her social skills, reading, writing, math, art and music have blossomed. Not only can she now read in English but in Spanish as well. Thank you so much Ms Barone and the entire Imagine community. We are deeply grateful for all you do.

Posted January 25, 2015
I have been attending Imagine since it first opened. In public school, I dreaded school and education. After attending Imagine I discovered my passion for education. After a class discussion at Imagine I find myself going home to research and learn more so I can participate in the next discussion. Imagine shows the children what really matters. If you ask a public school student about what their school does, they will mention Homecoming, Friday night football games, and then education. When you ask a student going to Imagine about what their school does, they would say Day of Service (entire school dedicates a day to serve others), Day of Celebration (celebrating cultures around the world), Award Ceremonies for Behavioral and Academic Excellence, and last but not least an IB education. Trust me I have asked my old friends at public school! I am so proud to say that my school is pretty amazing.

Posted January 03, 2015
I love it! I've been at this school since it first opened. The teachers are nice and supportive and the classrooms are small. Everyone knows everyone and because all of us are going to be together until we graduate we all learned to get along so there really isn't any drama.We get a decent amount of homework usually but once you get into summative week your about ready to kill yourself but you get use to it after a while and adjust to the work.but there is around 100 kids in each grade and how it works is that new kids on the list come every time someone leaves like next year there is going to be a lot of new kids for my grade because a lot of kids are planing on leaving for a "high school experience". But yeah sometimes I hate the school but in the end I wouldn't want to leave.I mean what other school would give me Half days to catch up on work?! that's whats great about it i mean some of the cons would be the amount of work we get but like I said we get Wednesdays to work on it all.I can say that I think my teachers actually really care about what happens to me.

Imagine International Academy Of N 3

Posted November 23, 2014
Great vision but still struggling to make it a realistic vision. Having students in PYP, MYP and DP program I see large discrepancies between the programs. Still lacks support needed to provide for staff as well as parents in functions of school.

Posted July 27, 2014
Awesome school my son just loves going to school,except for the fact that it begins too early for kindergarteners,it really hard to little kids to wake up that early in the morning,other than that no issues with school teachers or organization.Excellent curriculum,challenging but definitely doable.

Posted June 07, 2014
I was nervous about leaving MISD, but I've really been impressed!! My kids are being much more challenged here and thriving!!!! I'm so thankful!!!

Imagine International Academy Of N 2

Posted June 01, 2014
We really gave it a chance ! I think the teachers are great for the most part but unfortunately they don't seem to stay. In my opinion the inexperienced school leadership is the problem To make matters worst there will be an even less experienced principal for upper grades this coming year. There isn't a lot of parent involvement and I agree with what the other parent said. There is a few not so friendly people in charge. We want the IB and my 6 grader and eight grader had great teacher this past year so because of that we will stay one more year and hope the school board wakes up and gets experienced people in the administration positions.

Imagine International Academy Of N
2860 Virginia Parkway, McKinney, TX  75071
Last modified Imagine International Academy Of N is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imagine International Academy Of N Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top