Imagine International Academy Of N 3

Posted November 23, 2014
Great vision but still struggling to make it a realistic vision. Having students in PYP, MYP and DP program I see large discrepancies between the programs. Still lacks support needed to provide for staff as well as parents in functions of school.

Posted July 27, 2014
Awesome school my son just loves going to school,except for the fact that it begins too early for kindergarteners,it really hard to little kids to wake up that early in the morning,other than that no issues with school teachers or organization.Excellent curriculum,challenging but definitely doable.

Imagine International Academy Of N 4

Posted June 07, 2014
I was nervous about leaving MISD, but I've really been impressed!! My kids are being much more challenged here and thriving!!!! I'm so thankful!!!

Imagine International Academy Of N 2

Posted June 01, 2014
We really gave it a chance ! I think the teachers are great for the most part but unfortunately they don't seem to stay. In my opinion the inexperienced school leadership is the problem To make matters worst there will be an even less experienced principal for upper grades this coming year. There isn't a lot of parent involvement and I agree with what the other parent said. There is a few not so friendly people in charge. We want the IB and my 6 grader and eight grader had great teacher this past year so because of that we will stay one more year and hope the school board wakes up and gets experienced people in the administration positions.
2 people found this helpful

Imagine International Academy Of N 4

Posted May 31, 2014
I have four kids that go to Imagine and have been there since it opened. As with any school, Imagine has it's pros and cons. Pros: It's a completely different way of teaching children. People say it's more academically challenging, but my kids do great. Imagine emphasizes collaborative group projects and encourages kids to think through problems. There's a real since of community since there are only 100 kids per grade and all grades are represented. Parents are heavily involved so you get to know them too. There aren't as many social distractions that I found at my kid's last school. For the most part, my kid's teachers have been absolutely AMAZING!!! I also love the strict uniforms. Cons: When it first opened, it was a chaotic mess! Of course, anytime you open a business and have over a 1,000 customers, you're going to have some growing pains. There are a lot of students and teachers leaving the school and new ones coming in, and that's distracting. The classrooms are small and the kids eat in their classrooms which makes them messy, but my kids couldn't care less. Overall, we adore Imagine. It works really well for our family and my kids are very happy there.

Posted May 30, 2014
I am a seventh grade student at IIANT. I love this school. I got bullied a lot at my old public school. Since IIANT only has a hundred students per grade everyone knows each other, it's kind of like a family. I have yet to be bullied at IIANT and I have been attendending this school for 2 years now. Academic wise, this school is great. I have learned how to work with others and I have learned a lot about other countries. We really do have a great selection of teachers because the pay is low so the teachers who work at IIANT have to be passionate. I love my school and I am looking forward to going until I graduate.

Posted May 28, 2014
Imagine has told parents the city of McKinney requires staggered start times 45 mins apart (not true! Look at McKinney Christian Academy and city ordinance). They have also implemented early release every Wednesday for 2014-2015. Only students with parents who can afford daycare or can accommodate having every half Wednesday off will be able to attend. This is an obvious tactic to weed out economically disadvantaged students. It is well documented that economically disadvantaged students require more attention and get lower grades. This is not a school that supports equal education. They also do not meet Texas State requirements for having 180 instructional days for next year. Waivers can be requested, however, they only account for a few days and all those half days were NOT properly accounted for. State law requires 7 hours of instructional time for the day to qualify as instructional. Ipso facto, students will have less instructional time, as required by law, and parents will need to rearrange their lives if they have full time jobs. I am an experience educator and am truly in awe of what they've done.

Posted May 01, 2014
My two children have had an entirely different experience at Imagine. I'm fact we are headed to year three next year. All the teachers I know are experienced teachers in fact no first year teachers this year that I have heard of! Maybe I missed one. Academically I do see it as challenging but not overwhelming my 4th and 5th grader - both are in outside sports amd do not have homework every night. A lot of work is done in the classroom which is awesome! This school has come along way in two years and I pray it works for us through HS so they can graduate with a year of college credits under their belt and the class size is 100. We did like MISD buy class size scared is and we were worried about all the rezoning! Anyways we love the parents and teachers and the school administration is awesome. They has an arts programs and sports and though we will still do external activities I am again so impressed with what they've accomplished in two years!

Posted April 30, 2014
I'll echo a previous review- a disappointment. Transferring my child to public school has been the absolute right decision. The work he's given there vs. Imagine- no comparison. He's challenged, thriving & his teacher truly KNOWS him. We'd heard horror stories about poor organization & lack of communication, but ultimately what led to our decision was inexperienced teachers & a lack of resources for students. I was appalled while volunteering (in my child's classroom & other areas) at the lack of experience amongst the staff -- so many first year teachers! Some of these poor teachers are drowning in their own inexperience, and the students suffer the consequences. Lack of campus/classroom resources is also a major issue. Without district funding or substantial parental (monetary) support, they just cannot offer the same resources/materials/experiences as a district-funded school. There are a handful of very involved (although not terribly friendly) parents that give of their time,but there's no real sense of community, in my opinion. Lots of lofty goals and promises that may someday materialize, but too many kinks to work out in the meantime for us to stay.

Posted April 03, 2014
A great disappointment. Lots of great promises, but in reality the public schools are much better. There is a lot of disorganization and improvisation here. The leadership is neither qualified nor experienced to run a school of this size. The infrastructure lacks amenities, and compared to the public schools this school does not offer enough support and opportunities to the students.

Imagine International Academy Of N
2860 Virginia Parkway, McKinney, TX  75071
Last modified Imagine International Academy Of N is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imagine International Academy Of N Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top