Public charter
Students enrolled: 1,022

Imagine International Academy Of N
Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
The school bases it's philosophy on Imagine principles of justice integrity and fun. The definition of fun is that all stakeholders are given opportunities in decision making. Imagine academy also focuses on the international baccalaureate learner profile characteristics such as the principled, knowledgeable, inquirer, thinker, balanced, courageous and others. Although this school is only 3 years old they have made amazing progress and will soon be the model for many schools in the near future.

Posted May 30, 2015
Our 5 year old daughter was able to direct yesterday's student-led parent teacher conference for an entire hour. She was engaged and enthusiastic, articulate and academic. The growth this child made in her kindergarten year at the Imagine International Academy of North Texas was truly phenomenal. Her social skills, reading, writing, math, art and music have blossomed. Not only can she now read in English but in Spanish as well. Thank you so much Ms Barone and the entire Imagine community. We are deeply grateful for all you do.

Posted January 25, 2015
I have been attending Imagine since it first opened. In public school, I dreaded school and education. After attending Imagine I discovered my passion for education. After a class discussion at Imagine I find myself going home to research and learn more so I can participate in the next discussion. Imagine shows the children what really matters. If you ask a public school student about what their school does, they will mention Homecoming, Friday night football games, and then education. When you ask a student going to Imagine about what their school does, they would say Day of Service (entire school dedicates a day to serve others), Day of Celebration (celebrating cultures around the world), Award Ceremonies for Behavioral and Academic Excellence, and last but not least an IB education. Trust me I have asked my old friends at public school! I am so proud to say that my school is pretty amazing.

Posted January 03, 2015
I love it! I've been at this school since it first opened. The teachers are nice and supportive and the classrooms are small. Everyone knows everyone and because all of us are going to be together until we graduate we all learned to get along so there really isn't any drama.We get a decent amount of homework usually but once you get into summative week your about ready to kill yourself but you get use to it after a while and adjust to the work.but there is around 100 kids in each grade and how it works is that new kids on the list come every time someone leaves like next year there is going to be a lot of new kids for my grade because a lot of kids are planing on leaving for a "high school experience". But yeah sometimes I hate the school but in the end I wouldn't want to leave.I mean what other school would give me Half days to catch up on work?! that's whats great about it i mean some of the cons would be the amount of work we get but like I said we get Wednesdays to work on it all.I can say that I think my teachers actually really care about what happens to me.

Imagine International Academy Of N 3

Posted November 23, 2014
Great vision but still struggling to make it a realistic vision. Having students in PYP, MYP and DP program I see large discrepancies between the programs. Still lacks support needed to provide for staff as well as parents in functions of school.

Posted July 27, 2014
Awesome school my son just loves going to school,except for the fact that it begins too early for kindergarteners,it really hard to little kids to wake up that early in the morning,other than that no issues with school teachers or organization.Excellent curriculum,challenging but definitely doable.

Posted June 07, 2014
I was nervous about leaving MISD, but I've really been impressed!! My kids are being much more challenged here and thriving!!!! I'm so thankful!!!

Imagine International Academy Of N 2

Posted June 01, 2014
We really gave it a chance ! I think the teachers are great for the most part but unfortunately they don't seem to stay. In my opinion the inexperienced school leadership is the problem To make matters worst there will be an even less experienced principal for upper grades this coming year. There isn't a lot of parent involvement and I agree with what the other parent said. There is a few not so friendly people in charge. We want the IB and my 6 grader and eight grader had great teacher this past year so because of that we will stay one more year and hope the school board wakes up and gets experienced people in the administration positions.

Posted May 31, 2014
I have four kids that go to Imagine and have been there since it opened. As with any school, Imagine has it's pros and cons. Pros: It's a completely different way of teaching children. People say it's more academically challenging, but my kids do great. Imagine emphasizes collaborative group projects and encourages kids to think through problems. There's a real since of community since there are only 100 kids per grade and all grades are represented. Parents are heavily involved so you get to know them too. There aren't as many social distractions that I found at my kid's last school. For the most part, my kid's teachers have been absolutely AMAZING!!! I also love the strict uniforms. Cons: When it first opened, it was a chaotic mess! Of course, anytime you open a business and have over a 1,000 customers, you're going to have some growing pains. There are a lot of students and teachers leaving the school and new ones coming in, and that's distracting. The classrooms are small and the kids eat in their classrooms which makes them messy, but my kids couldn't care less. Overall, we adore Imagine. It works really well for our family and my kids are very happy there.

Posted May 30, 2014
I am a seventh grade student at IIANT. I love this school. I got bullied a lot at my old public school. Since IIANT only has a hundred students per grade everyone knows each other, it's kind of like a family. I have yet to be bullied at IIANT and I have been attendending this school for 2 years now. Academic wise, this school is great. I have learned how to work with others and I have learned a lot about other countries. We really do have a great selection of teachers because the pay is low so the teachers who work at IIANT have to be passionate. I love my school and I am looking forward to going until I graduate.

Imagine International Academy Of N
2860 Virginia Parkway, McKinney, TX  75071
Last modified Imagine International Academy Of N is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imagine International Academy Of N Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top