Bad
Good

My child has been at Burks from Kindergarten to now 5th grade and it's been a terrible experience. The school is completely disorganized. I am almost never communicated with my any of my childs teachers or staff members. I don't get responses to any of my attempts to communicate with them on concerns and issues that I would like to be addressed. My child has complete days in class where the teachers cannot control the kids and there is very little to no lesson time. I cannot understand why the schools principle does not support the teachers more and pull these problem kids out of class so that the kids who behave can learn. I can name at least 10 occasions this year where a child in my daughters class has been very disruptive (fighting, swearing, talking about drugs, etc) and the teacher just had to deal with it because the administrative staff apparently doesn't want to deal with it. The principle Ms. Bendorf lacks professionalism and honestly does not fit the role of a principle. The staff clearly is not happy to be working there and it shows. I am glad my child is almost done with this school because this has been a less than stellar experience.

Our first child entered kindergarten this year. Before school started, there was very little communication or information from the school. They did not have a kindergarten round-up or placement testing that some of the other schools had. So we did not know what to expect and were also very concerned about the low ranking. But since school has started, we have been very happy with Burks. The staff are very caring and involved with the kids. And the communication has been very good. Our daughter loves her teachers and is so excited to go to school each day.

My issues are with the parents who couldn't pour water out of a boot if the instructions where on the heel. And the fact the school head does nothing to stop it. The school says drive thru the drop off/pick up line but you can drive right up to the corner and let your kid out and they will stop the drive thru and hold up the line to cross your child. They say no child will be released after 2:30 but approx 5-10 parents walk in daily after 2:30 and pull their chid. I'm not happy with the time they give the kids to eat lunch. Once I seen a little girl sit down at 10:58 and by 11:03 they told her to "dump" her tray and they took back bananas the kids had bought but didn't eat - why to resell or to give to chrity?

Before I located a school for my child I had heard really great things about it. I must say they were all WRONG!!1My child attended this school for a school year, and I was really disaapointed with the overall school itself! Couldnt wait for the school year to be over.

Both our children go to Burks and this is their second year. Its really hit or miss at this school with teachers. Last year we had a hard time getting one of our struggling children into tutoring with a teacher and this year Im having the same problem. I feel the level of care that these teachers give our students isn't at the level it should be. Concerned parent

Last modified Burks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.