Posted October 08, 2013
I absolutely love that my child goes to MHS! We chose to live where we live currently so that our kids would be zoned for this HS! The teachers are wonderful and we have had not issues so far. This is my child's 2nd year there and we are very involved in all that she does. the key is being involved!

Posted August 28, 2013
Alot of bullying, fighting , and the teaching is bad. Theirs also some students skipping school and smoking weed in the bathrooms.

Posted August 18, 2012
I'm gonna go to high. I saw a picture of the rezoning on the website and it looked cool.

Posted April 21, 2011
Im currently addressing a difficult situtation involving numerous complaints against a teacher by myself and other parents. Numerous hours have been spent trying to solve this issue. The principal is now involved and a formal investigation is underway. I caution all parents to document everything and report issues as they happen. Children are not experienced enough to go up against an adult and can be bullied by anyone including a teacher. I find the school is disorganized, has unfair practices and will try to discredit any complaint against their own. We need more than just bond elections...we need an administration overhaul.

Posted August 17, 2010
My daughter is entering her sophomore year at McKinney High. Because MISD zones their schools on socio-economic factors vs. geography, it creates a very strong balance amongst the 3 high schools. It is absurd to think a child will get better education at one high school vs. another. The MHS kids resent the superior attitude of the MBHS kids. Yes, Boyd has a better, newer building, but the programs offered, level of education, etc. are very good at all the schools. I am pleased with MISD schools!

Posted July 30, 2010
This is a great school! The teachers are outstanding, the staff is incredible and the students are second-to-none. If you don't believe it.....ask students at the other two high schools in town...they all wish they had what MHS does. While Boyd is definitely a bigger, newer, and nicer facility, it simply creates students with an attitude of superiority and entitlement.

Posted April 15, 2010
This school has lower learning standards than the rest of the district. I have twins and 1 attends Boyd while the other is here at High. There is a major difference. My child at Boyd is concerned that his twin will not learn anything at High because of this. I didn't think this was possible but it is.

Posted April 04, 2010
My daughter presently goes to this school, and I have to comment on how impressed I am with the academics and the performing arts. Because of my daughter's academic achievements at this school, and the support of her teachers, she is in the top 10% of her class. I believe this was accomplished because of the caring teachers at McKinney High. The choir department with Mr. Garms as the fearless leader, puts on a display of raw talent and performances every year. We look forward to all of the performances every year, including the wonderful Madrigal Dinner at Christmas time. Keep up the terrific work!!

Mckinney High School 2

Posted March 11, 2010

Posted January 15, 2010

Mckinney High School
1400 Wilson Creek Parkway, McKinney, TX  75069
Last modified Mckinney High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mckinney High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top