Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

I think they give the right amount. We have a lot of activities and we're still able to complete assignments. The goal of homework is to practice what they have learned at school and I think it is necessary. They need some of this. I have heard of some schools where the children are overloaded with homework. I think McClure, from our experience, hits it right on target!

McKinney High School has become one of the best in the county!! My daughter graduated in '13 during the renovations and the arrival of Principal Dr. Faris. My son currently attends MHS and I'm thrilled with the high level of education they have received in this public school. Both took AP classes with AMAZING, interesting, caring and thoughtful teachers. The MHS teachers email parents weekly and extra tutoring is always available. Dr. Faris is by far the best Principal I've ever met and he has a genuine interest in each and every student. There is zero tolerance for bullies at this school. My kids have never felt threatened or made to feel bad. There is so much pride and enthusiasm at MHS go find out for yourself why I LOVE MHS!

I absolutely love that my child goes to MHS! We chose to live where we live currently so that our kids would be zoned for this HS! The teachers are wonderful and we have had not issues so far. This is my child's 2nd year there and we are very involved in all that she does. the key is being involved!

Alot of bullying, fighting , and the teaching is bad. Theirs also some students skipping school and smoking weed in the bathrooms.

I'm gonna go to high. I saw a picture of the rezoning on the website and it looked cool.

Im currently addressing a difficult situtation involving numerous complaints against a teacher by myself and other parents. Numerous hours have been spent trying to solve this issue. The principal is now involved and a formal investigation is underway. I caution all parents to document everything and report issues as they happen. Children are not experienced enough to go up against an adult and can be bullied by anyone including a teacher. I find the school is disorganized, has unfair practices and will try to discredit any complaint against their own. We need more than just bond elections...we need an administration overhaul.

My daughter is entering her sophomore year at McKinney High. Because MISD zones their schools on socio-economic factors vs. geography, it creates a very strong balance amongst the 3 high schools. It is absurd to think a child will get better education at one high school vs. another. The MHS kids resent the superior attitude of the MBHS kids. Yes, Boyd has a better, newer building, but the programs offered, level of education, etc. are very good at all the schools. I am pleased with MISD schools!

This is a great school! The teachers are outstanding, the staff is incredible and the students are second-to-none. If you don't believe it.....ask students at the other two high schools in town...they all wish they had what MHS does. While Boyd is definitely a bigger, newer, and nicer facility, it simply creates students with an attitude of superiority and entitlement.

This school has lower learning standards than the rest of the district. I have twins and 1 attends Boyd while the other is here at High. There is a major difference. My child at Boyd is concerned that his twin will not learn anything at High because of this. I didn't think this was possible but it is.

My daughter presently goes to this school, and I have to comment on how impressed I am with the academics and the performing arts. Because of my daughter's academic achievements at this school, and the support of her teachers, she is in the top 10% of her class. I believe this was accomplished because of the caring teachers at McKinney High. The choir department with Mr. Garms as the fearless leader, puts on a display of raw talent and performances every year. We look forward to all of the performances every year, including the wonderful Madrigal Dinner at Christmas time. Keep up the terrific work!!

Last modified Mckinney High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.