McKinney, TX

Posted April 26, 2015
The lack of leadership is very apparent. Very high teacher turn over and non-determined discipline program. Teachers are not supported by administrators causing uncertainty and avoidance of conflict. This is not the way to educate children and create a motivated and supported academic team.

Posted April 25, 2015
High Teacher Turn over. No leadership. Very disappointed. Every teacher handles behavior differently without any support of the principal. No school wide behavior plan in place.

Posted May 11, 2014
The worst school I have ever seen or worked in. No leadership, very little learning - very sad!

Caldwell Elementary School 3

Posted February 02, 2014
I believe that the duel language program benefits the Spanish non English child more than the English speaking child. if a child is having difficulty with learning the basics the time they get to spend learning in English is cut in half. The fundamentals are essential to give the children a good start. I have talked with other parents whose children are feeling that they are being left behind. I am seeking out finding what help is available for these children. The teachers seem dedicated but some children are overwhelmed by the duel language program. Some studies have shown that early duel languages programs are best for advanced students and not the average student, The studies suggest that this duel start can be devastating for many students. What's the big hurry for Spanish? I think they started this so Spanish speaking children could learn English and by offering it to English students as well they could get it approved,, McKinney has a large population of Spanish only speaking student in the historic district. By providing both languages the state can provide English to this population maybe at the expense of many children. I vote for more time for all in English .

Caldwell Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
I'm taken back by some of the reviews I have read! My children attend this school and we have been nothing but pleased. The teachers go out of there way to challenge them and make sure they are engaged. I have attended lunch to see my children unannounced several times and have not witness any yelling. The kids have 30 minutes to eat so if someone is talking instead of eating they will tell them to finish their lunch, which as a parent I appreciate. As far as inappropriate clothing worn by the teachers, I have NEVER seen such! Caldwell is MISD's dual language school so you should expect to hear about the dual language progress, what the kids are learning, etc. Those who are zoned to attend this school have a choice to go to other close by elementary schools if dual language is too challenging for their children. As far as I'm concerned I brought my children to this school to give them the gift of being bilingual and have had nothing but a positive experience so far.

Posted August 12, 2013
As the new year approaches I can't help but cringe at the thought of what another year at Caldwell is going to be like. I am so sick and tired of hearing about the "DUAL LANGUAGE CAMPUS", but yet part of the lunchroom and janitorial staff can't even speak or understand English. Children with learning disabilities are low on the priority list. The dress code for the staff appears to be nonexistent which may not seem like that big of a deal but for parents of 4th and 5th grade boys that are getting an eye full, from a certain teacher, its a problem! Unfortunately the few good teachers that are at Caldwell get over looked because of all the bad ones. As for lunchtime and recess I highly recommend every parent to go visit during both times. During lunch it feels as if your child is in a juvenile detention center. They are yelled at and berated. I do not believe that teachers like when they have 'lunchroom" duty and it SHOWS! As a parent you can't help but wonder if this is how the teachers acts when they have to do something they don't want to, with parents watching, how do they act when parents aren't around? As for recess all I can say go watch when they don't know your watching!

Caldwell Elementary School 3

Posted June 04, 2013
Caldwell is a good school with good teachers. In a big school with large classes the highest and lowest students are not challenged or left behind. I think Caldwell is working to improve this, but not there yet.

Posted May 15, 2013
I want to know what is happening in this school, if the students are learning like they supose to do.

Caldwell Elementary School 5

Posted October 31, 2012
This school is special! The students at this school are getting a multi language, multi cultural education both inside the classroom and outside. The teachers at Caldwell are dedicated and want the best for the students. I am happy to have my two children attend Caldwell and be part of the dynamic program.

Posted July 01, 2012
Very unsatisfied with Caldwell. I tried everything I knew as a parent to help my child feel successful at this school. The reviews I have read are very true.The principal at this school is very defensive and hard to work with. No accountability!

Caldwell Elementary School
601 West Louisiana Street, McKinney, TX  75069
Last modified Caldwell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Caldwell Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top