Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My child was attending Caldwell and we were very pleased. She was in the dual language program for 3 years. When we moved because of a job we purposefully kept her in a dual language program because we could see the positive results. I am proud to say that although the new school is very highly ranked, she is above where her peers are in her first AND second language. The principal and staff were wonderful and are missed.

Caldwell is MISD's dual language school and I believe in the program and the benefits it could give the kids. But in order to rip the benefits it requires a leader to administer and guide the staff and teachers. If you ever thought things could not get worst well you were wrong. Lots of teacher and staff turn over. Things are more disorganized than ever and at least Mr Clark was nice and had manners. This new principal thinks she is better than most of us, specially the hispanic community in the school. Not one day I went by the campus when Mr Clark would not said good morning, good afternoon or just simply Hi! This new principal has no manners and apparently was not taught how to greet others, if they are not white. Over 70% of your students and parents are hispanic lady and if you do not like hispanics, you should highly consider going to another school. I would advise the district to closely look at the administration at this school, as there is no proper organization and many times not great adults supervision for the kids. They are physically there but are chit chatting about personal matters and not paying attention to what matters "THE KIDS". We will surely miss Mr Clark. This school needs a leader, someone that will make things happen and enhance the school and the kids lives and education not a spoil girl that things she is "the best thing since sliced bread".

The lack of leadership is very apparent. Very high teacher turn over and non-determined discipline program. Teachers are not supported by administrators causing uncertainty and avoidance of conflict. This is not the way to educate children and create a motivated and supported academic team.

High Teacher Turn over. No leadership. Very disappointed. Every teacher handles behavior differently without any support of the principal. No school wide behavior plan in place.

The worst school I have ever seen or worked in. No leadership, very little learning - very sad!

I believe that the duel language program benefits the Spanish non English child more than the English speaking child. if a child is having difficulty with learning the basics the time they get to spend learning in English is cut in half. The fundamentals are essential to give the children a good start. I have talked with other parents whose children are feeling that they are being left behind. I am seeking out finding what help is available for these children. The teachers seem dedicated but some children are overwhelmed by the duel language program. Some studies have shown that early duel languages programs are best for advanced students and not the average student, The studies suggest that this duel start can be devastating for many students. What's the big hurry for Spanish? I think they started this so Spanish speaking children could learn English and by offering it to English students as well they could get it approved,, McKinney has a large population of Spanish only speaking student in the historic district. By providing both languages the state can provide English to this population maybe at the expense of many children. I vote for more time for all in English .

I'm taken back by some of the reviews I have read! My children attend this school and we have been nothing but pleased. The teachers go out of there way to challenge them and make sure they are engaged. I have attended lunch to see my children unannounced several times and have not witness any yelling. The kids have 30 minutes to eat so if someone is talking instead of eating they will tell them to finish their lunch, which as a parent I appreciate. As far as inappropriate clothing worn by the teachers, I have NEVER seen such! Caldwell is MISD's dual language school so you should expect to hear about the dual language progress, what the kids are learning, etc. Those who are zoned to attend this school have a choice to go to other close by elementary schools if dual language is too challenging for their children. As far as I'm concerned I brought my children to this school to give them the gift of being bilingual and have had nothing but a positive experience so far.

As the new year approaches I can't help but cringe at the thought of what another year at Caldwell is going to be like. I am so sick and tired of hearing about the "DUAL LANGUAGE CAMPUS", but yet part of the lunchroom and janitorial staff can't even speak or understand English. Children with learning disabilities are low on the priority list. The dress code for the staff appears to be nonexistent which may not seem like that big of a deal but for parents of 4th and 5th grade boys that are getting an eye full, from a certain teacher, its a problem! Unfortunately the few good teachers that are at Caldwell get over looked because of all the bad ones. As for lunchtime and recess I highly recommend every parent to go visit during both times. During lunch it feels as if your child is in a juvenile detention center. They are yelled at and berated. I do not believe that teachers like when they have 'lunchroom" duty and it SHOWS! As a parent you can't help but wonder if this is how the teachers acts when they have to do something they don't want to, with parents watching, how do they act when parents aren't around? As for recess all I can say go watch when they don't know your watching!

Caldwell is a good school with good teachers. In a big school with large classes the highest and lowest students are not challenged or left behind. I think Caldwell is working to improve this, but not there yet.

I want to know what is happening in this school, if the students are learning like they supose to do.

Last modified Caldwell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.