Posted February 23, 2014
My oldest has been at Dowell for 21/2 years and my youngest began 2013-2014 school year. I could not ask for a better school from the adminstrative staff, to teachers , to support staff- it is run beautifully. Mr. Arbabi is a man that I respect and trust to lead the team in a respectful and safe manner. The teachers have tremendous care and compassion for my children and many teach beyond the TEKS. When I walk in I feel like family. When I send an email it is returned promptly, when I have a concern it is addressed immediately. We would love to move- bigger home, but the team at Dowell could never be beat and never want to leave. I seldom send anything over the internet, but feel so passionate about our experience that I felt compelled to send a public note of appreciation. Tremendous leadership and teachers the show excellence in all they do.

Dowell Middle School 3

Posted August 18, 2012
I know the 7th grade science teacher Ms. Baker. She's nice and I heard from someone that this school steals........ Doesn't mean that they do though.... I just heard it from some guy.

Posted March 15, 2012
My Daughter loves Dowell, and we do as well! From the front door to the back portables and all the classes in between. The Athletics coaches and teams are great! More parents could possibly help with concesions...but otherwise..I am blessed to have a kid who wakes up everyday and not only wants to but loves to go to school!! Thank you Dowell!! The Band is super wonderful as well!!! Thank you Mrs. Lisko!!

Dowell Middle School 2

Posted February 17, 2011
I had an issue with a couple of teachers at this school and wrote the principle and he has not once tried to contact me back. Teachers loose papers and give kids zeros. I have to copy everything my kids do so I know they did it even if teacher loose their work. I pay a lot of money in taxes to have great teachers that care, but I feel I am not getting my monies worth. NO TEXT books, PP videos, is not teaching my kids. I don't want them watching movies everyday we can do that at home. WAKE UP--- get some younger teachers who are excited about teaching and replace the older ones that have lost interest in the school and the kids. YOU know who you are.

Posted November 01, 2010
I have only wonderful comments regarding this well run school. The leadership from Dr. Farris and his Assistant principles is outstanding. The focus and expectations are clearly set for the students from the top down. The school is producing 21st century thinking and the success rate will continue to soar based on this process in my opinion. The teachers put in 100+++% effort to insure the success of every student. Tutoring is encouraged for all students not just for those who are having difficulties. Even the students who are doing well in the subjects are present in order to reinforce their learning and growth. The programs that are being used to teach students are engaging and exciting, which only brings students to the best expected results!!!!!! Bravo and job well done,to Dr.Farris,the Assistant Principle's and fabulous teachers who are each the best any parent could ask for.

Dowell Middle School 4

Posted February 27, 2010
The school has had a new principal since 2008-2009, and he is excellent. He has vision, leadership, and knowledge. He expects excellence and is fair regarding teachers, parents, and students. This year, all of the teachers had to start using their websites to post assignment information and documents. It has been great. The GT program is very good.

Dowell Middle School 4

Posted January 03, 2010

Posted September 28, 2009

Dowell Middle School 1

Posted May 27, 2009
There's a great education, which should be recognized. Most of the time, I believe that a majority of the problems spawn from the students, though certainly not all, who are poorly behaved. That simply means that the faculty must find better methods of handling these problematic students, instead of slapping the generic label of troublemaker or rebel on them. The principals seem to be up in space when it comes to dealing with children who are bullied, and do not seem to have a clue as to how major the issue of bullying is. The teachers can be lax, and in some classrooms for required classes, I've seen kids just do nothing all day; the teacher stands helplessly in the front, not saying a word. Therefore, I return to say that the school has a major issue with the kids, who handles them and how they are handled.

Dowell Middle School 3

Posted May 01, 2009
This an OK school, but needs some serious reformation. The restrooms are horrible, and discipline is revolting. Many of the students, who would do very well in preAP, are instead in academic classes and pick on everyone else. The actual education is excellent, but the rules must be enforced much more. There are fights in the hallway half the time I walk through them! While the teachers and education are good, the hygeine and enforcement are in need of much reformation.

Dowell Middle School
9070 Westridge Boulevard, McKinney, TX  75070
Last modified Dowell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dowell Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top