Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

This school is very personable. I like the way they greet the students in the morning.

I have been at this school for 4 years. It has been a great experience for my children. We love the staff and teachers at this school. The principal, teachers, teacher assistants, and custodians are all very caring and truly treat the kids as if their own. The teachers are always willing to listen and help solve any concerns you may have about your child and not just academically. I have always felt as part of the team. The schools motto is "In it together" and that is definitely felt. Very proud to be part of the Wolf Pack!

I have been at Slaughter for 6 years, we love it. I 4 more years there before I will move because I don't want my kids to go to any other school in the district. It is very diverse and the teachers love the kids as if they were their own.

I love Slaughter! The teachers and staff are amazing! They truly care about the kids. The teachers are genuinely friends and I love that! They support and love one another! It's like a family! This is my daughters second year here and she loves her school! One thing I would change is getting a canopy and fence around the playground. ;)

I can't stand this school and I am beyond glad that after this school year I won't have to deal with anyone there. Aside from a very few teachers there that care about the kids and helping them excel the staff is terrible. I never have felt welcome when I've had to go into the school and my kids have never liked it. McKinney ISD really needs to reevaluate the ENTIRE staff....or just close the school. I don't feel that my kids have gotten even a decent education there. I desperately want to go back to Plano schools!

Great school! Texas schools seem to be a bit ahead of where we moved from, but the teacher we had worked with my daughter individually to get her as caught up as possible. We have been attending for about 5 months and I couldn't be happier.

My daughter is New to Slaughter E. We come from plano, and when I say a BIG difference. From the time we walked in the building we didn't fill loved there. The staff there seem to have a attitude from the time we step through the door. The Nurse was very rude it seem like it was going to kill her to fax a paper off. There was no love what so ever. When we left they didn't say thanks you, happy your coming to our School none of tht. They seem very lazy and unhappy with there Job. It got so bad tht I had to call them the next day to let them know how I felt. I'm looking to tranfer my daughter to another school. If I could gather plano staff and bring them to Slaughter E. To show them how to treat people better I would. They need to work on there staff there because they seem miserable.

2012/2013 was our first experience at Slaughter elementary. I was so pleased and overjoyed with the level of education and attention my daughter received. I volunteered weekly in her class, so I could know first hand the quality of education she and the other students were receiving. All the kids thrived in the class and we raised up by the teacher. I was incredibly impressed with the entire process of he day and techniques used to teach the kids. I was also impressed by the school having separate classes for ESL students. In my opinion, it allowed my daughter to develop relationships with students from all backgrounds while allowing all the students the best opportunity to gain an education on their native language. We were so pleased with the school, that we actually went out of our way to buy a new home that was still zoned for Slaughter elementary so we would be able to continue to go there. This school has everything we could wish for and I am proud to say my daughter is a member of the Slaughter Wolf pack!

My children have attended this school for 6 years. In that time, I have watched it decline from a school that cares to a school that does little more than keep students quite and busy with worksheets. There are a few exceptional teachers, but as a whole from the principal down, the school is substandard. I have tried to participate actively as a parent but the general attitude from the administration and many of the teachers is to step back and let them do their job. Unless you agree with everything they do, parents are looked at as the "enemy". If your child needs any extra support, they are treated like "inconveniences". Any success this school has is solely attributable to the individual intelligence and hard work of their students since the school as a whole does very little to foster an environment of learning and discovery. To even call it a school is generous. I would more attribute it to a glorified detention facility that happens to have a library and desks. I am very familiar with other McKinney ISD schools, and this one really is BAD. If you can avoid sending your child there, do it! The good teachers started leaving years ago, and it is only going to get worse.

GREAT school!!! I love to be a part of something so great! Wonderful teachers, that take time out with each Student.

Last modified Slaughter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.