Posted September 26, 2013
Such a great school! My son went to RJE from 4th to 5th Grade and having ADHD /Asperger, I was so impressed with his resource teacher Ms. Blankenship who not only gave us so much support but went over and beyon helping our son overcome his struggles. My daughter is currently a 3rd grade teacher started with RJE from 1st Grade and I could not be happier to see such amazing teachers who cared genuinely about my daughters education. Thanks RJE!

Posted August 28, 2013
Loved RJE! My son went there from Kinder-5th grade and it was great he is a motivated self-starter that was fully prepared for Middle School. The teachers are the best and so are the office staff.

Posted August 18, 2012
Fun school i didn't like the school song and in first grade i got yelled at for buying chocolate milk from the lunch line........ but besides that not too strict and not too easygoing......

Posted March 14, 2010
I am so impressed with this school. My kids love it here! I am expecially impressed with our Kindergarten teacher, she is AMAZING! She is always so creative and willing to go the extra mile to make the student's learning experiance original, and memorable! The only this I wish for is more parental involvment. In one child's class there are only 3 of us who volunteer all year, and the room mom is so swamped picking up the slack. Come on parents! Otherwise the staff is great!

Reuben Johnson Elementary School 2

Posted November 17, 2009

Reuben Johnson Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers, parents and staff are very dedicated to the students success.

Posted August 01, 2009

Posted February 18, 2007
I believe that RJE has some fantastic teams, 4th grade in 2007 being one of the best. I wish our kids had more art and music, although this year is better than last with 2 art teachers as opposed to just one. Parent involvement could be improved. It seems to be the same 50-60 or so moms/dads that do everything. With a school of 800+ kids, that's not much. Overall, I am very happy with the academics. MISD in general, has great academics. I'd like to see less stress put on the kids in reference to standardized testing (Thanks to No Kid Left Behind) and more teacher feedback. RJE is a great school. We need more parent involvement!

Posted May 18, 2006
My daughter attended RJ for 3 years and we were very pleased. The teachers were great and attentive. Lots of art and plays were presented, great field trips. Overall a great experience.

Posted March 28, 2006
My child has been at Johnson for two years. Our kindergarten teacher was exceptional. I got email updates every week and she used creative ways to reach my child. First grade has been good as well. She continues to challenge my child and provide various ways of presenting the material to reach my child. The parents support this school 110%. Parents help with Monday folders, lunch duty, computer class, extra tutoring and reading just to mention a few things. Everyone wants to see these kids succeed. We are also involved in the gifted program. They are revising it this year but it has provided that extra challenge my child needed. I especially like the PE classes and the events they hold to get the kids moving. This is a school that aims to create successful kids. Along with that comes homework and an expectation they should be reading by Kindergarten -Xmas.

Reuben Johnson Elementary School
3400 Ash Lane, McKinney, TX  75070
Last modified Reuben Johnson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Reuben Johnson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top