McKinney, TX

C T Eddins Elementary School 1

Posted March 25, 2015
The overall morale of the school trickles down from the principal. Unfortunately, Sharon Havard, is a terrible leader. She has no backbone and will never get into situations to rectify them between students or staff. The staff have no respect for her and that leads to huge problems. When you have nine teachers requesting to leave in one year, it is a problem. She needs to go back to teaching 6 year olds because she cannot manage. It seems as though anyone over the age of six intimidates her and she cowers. She will NOT stop or address bullying in her school. She will not confront teachers who are inappropriate with students and nonresponsive to parents. Instead, she will ignore emails and pretend as though the situation does not exist. She is bringing down the school in a major way and it is sad to watch. I never thought I would say that I am looking forward to the transition to middle school, but I truly cannot wait for my kids to be out of there! Of course that would all change if she were to leave. You will be fine at the school as long as your kids are not picked on and you get the "good" teachers. It is a gamble though.

Posted January 16, 2015
This is our first year at Eddins Elementary and we have been pleased with the teachers, curriculum, parent involvement and activities. Our daughter loves school and Eddins has been a great start to her education.

C T Eddins Elementary School 1

Posted May 26, 2014
I remember when parent involvement was high. The past three years it has dropped dramatically. I remember walking onto the campus and seeing the children's and teachers smiling faces, that has dramatically dropped the last thee years. I am fixing to buy a new house out of this school zone to get into a better school, where education is important, not a place where the principal is scared to rock the boat and make a parent or student not like her. It is a sad day for MISD, when the boss's boss can't make necessary changes. I guess once a wildcat does not always mean always a wildcat. I hope my house sells, and I hope they don't have elementary age children. Sad face.

Posted July 11, 2013
This past year was my son's first year at Eddins (1st grade) and we have been tremendously impressed with the school from top to bottom. The teachers, the principal, the office staff, the parent community...have all been top notch. Communication between staff and parents is amazing, and they do a great job incorporating 'life principles' (Rachel's Challenge, Leadership Habits, etc) into the kids daily routine. Parent involvement is very high and there are countless ways to get involved in and outside of the classroom. Expectations are high, but there is lots of support to be sure each child reaches their full potential. The kids LOVE their school and it shows. My son can't wait for the new school year so he can be back learning with his school family. And I'm excited that our next two future Wildcats will get to experience the amazing learning environment that is Eddins!

C T Eddins Elementary School 4

Posted January 17, 2013
Of the three McKinney elementary schools my children have attended this one is the best! Our experiences at Wolford and Glen Oaks (both highly rated) cannot be compared to our experience with Eddins. I have also substituted in at least ten other McKinney elementary schools so I know what is out there. Thank you to the dedicated and caring staff at Eddins for promoting such a positive learning environment for all students!

C T Eddins Elementary School 2

Posted March 10, 2011
My child was bullied by a former friend to the point that she was crying before school every morning. This former friend even went as far as to pay some kids to ignore my daughter. We spoke with the teacher multiple times as well as the counselor, but nothing was ever done. In fact the teacher made fun of her after one report. Ridiculous!

Posted June 23, 2010
From the pricipal to the janitor, this is one of the finest run elementary schools around. It's a real shame that the principal is leaving to open up a new MISD elementary school in the Fall.

C T Eddins Elementary School 4

Posted May 28, 2010
My son started as a new student to this school in January. I was impressed from the first contact with the school. The school office was organized and friendly; they put me in touch with the school nurse who called me personally to explain the different state requirements. The teacher met my son in the office on the first morning so that she could meet him before he came to the classroom. I credit his teacher for his immediate and successful transition to a new state and new school. We were in temporary housing which could have been a disasterous experience, but I strongly believe that his excellent experience in the classroom assisted with his ability to accept and survive the transition and chaos associated with moving half way across the country.

Posted March 23, 2010
C.T. Eddins is a really great school. It is well rounded in the curriculum, activities, and values it teaches.They have a really positive attitude in every aspect of leadership. I am so thankful that our daughter began kindergarten here. She is eager to go to school every single day. My only suggestions would be they have a few less money soliciting activities - seems there is something every week; luckily they are mostly voluntary.

Posted March 20, 2010
I have to say that CT Eddins is such a wonderful school. My daughter is in 2nd grade now and has attended Eddins since she was in kindergarten. The staff is nothing short of amazing! The principal is awesome. Being a part of the Wildcat family is such a blessing. I am so thankful that we are lucky enough to be part of such an outstanding group of students. They are a Blue Ribbon school with is a national honor and their TAKS scores are through the roof. If you are looking for the best place for your children, CT Eddins is the place to be!

C T Eddins Elementary School
311 Peregrine Drive, McKinney, TX  75070
Last modified C T Eddins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
C T Eddins Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top