Valley Creek Elementary School 1

Posted November 19, 2014
I have to agree that the PTA has become lazy. Boosterthon raised $40,000 and $20,000 went directly to Boosterthon. So HALF the money I pledged for my kids went out the window! I will NEVER pledge again! $20,000 of our hard earned money went to Boosterthon because the PTA didn't want to put the time and effort into a decent fundraiser where we would KEEP most of the money. Shame on you VC PTA! By the way, the free carnival was totally lame. Can you imagine what we could have done with an extra $20,000???

Posted October 26, 2014
Wow, I'm shocked by the negative PTA comment on 9/23. Valley Creek participated in Boosterthon for the first time this year, in place of CHARGING for the Fall Carnival - NOT in place of the carnival, which was awesome and FREE! The students loved the Boosterthon, which many McKinney schools participate in - as do my nieces in Highland Park. It encourages leadership, integrity and physical activity. I'm flabbergasted. Our PTA is thriving with more members than we've had in a long time. We pay for all field trips, class shirts for every student, scholarships, supplies for the classroom and so much more! Valley Creek is the place to be!!

Valley Creek Elementary School 2

Posted September 23, 2014
PTA HAS REALLY GONE DOWNHILL! This year, they were too lazy to have a school carnival as a fundraiser. Instead, they used our kids and had them beg for money to raise funds. I am shocked MISD let our students be taken out of class and waste time raising money for the PTA. Shameful!

Posted August 18, 2014
Excellent school. Both of my kids are thriving at Valley Creek. The massive amount of parental involvement has a lot to do with the amount and quality of extracurricular events/activities, but it has little to do with the quality of the teachers and staff.

Posted December 10, 2012
This school is the best! I don't know how they did it but neither of my boys ever were bullied! In fact they learned to treat all equally and respectfully. There could not have been a better school to have started education with. My sons gained confidence and education that has allowed them to thrive throughout their entire education and they are now in college making excellent choices (never any drugs or alcohol) as well as thriving educationally. I sincerely believe that the care, respect and high quality of education contributed highly to my sons success! Thank you Valley Creek.

Posted June 06, 2012
My child recently completed his 4th year at Valley Creek and his experience has been very good. Not perfect, but very good. He ranks above 90% of 3rd grade students in TX in math, reading and science (not part of the gifted program) - he is in regular classes. Valley Creek is an academically aggressive public elementary school - with high expectations for teachers and students. This is a very close community with extremely high parent involvement - we all know each other and we all help each other. Almost a step back in time - with a large number of families walking/biking/riding golf carts to school and playing after school on the playground. The administration team at Valley Creek works closely with parent groups to ensure extra school activities are funded despite budget cuts - we haven't skipped a beat! The school maintains an open door policy - with parents welcome any time. However, security procedures are in place to keep the campus safe - and class disruption to a minimum. As far as public elementary school - it doesn't get any better. It is a nurturing, happy school - but also requires academic excellence. It's a really great, happy place - certainly unique.

Posted June 05, 2012
Hmmm!...... Doesn't sound like the Valley Creek we know.We just had our 4th Valley Creek student finish 3rd grade and have never experienced anything like described below. I'm fairly certain the Superintendent didn't make a remark about 1 bad seed. I think you'll find hundreds of "fruiful" students and parents that would agree with me that have had the pleasure of having the Valley Creek staff as teachers. Evidenced by 5 pages of complimentary remarks here in this thread as opposed to 1 disgruntled parent. One who can't even follow the terms of use for this website. Maybe that apple doesn't fall far from the tree?

Posted June 05, 2012
I have 2 children, and we just finished our 4th year at Valley Creek. My son just completed 3rd grade with one of the teachers mentioned below, and WOW!!! I cannot disagree more!!! I seriously can't imagine a more caring and supportive staff than what we have here...these teachers totally go above & beyond for their students! The teacher in question has been one of his absolute FAVORITE teachers ever...to the point that he was upset to be out sick because he didn't want to miss her class! I am truly sorry this family didn't share the same experience, and I can only imagine it is because they didn't put in the time & effort required to succeed. Perhaps if they'd spent all those finger-pointing sessions in teacher conferences instead, they might have had better results! I wish them the best of luck in their new location, because they won't find more dedicated teachers than the ones they're leaving behind!!!

Valley Creek Elementary School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
We have a great community of parents who support our school in unbelievable ways: with time, money, volunteering, and enthusiastic support of our teachers.

Valley Creek Elementary School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
The teachers are the BEST! They work very hard every day!

Valley Creek Elementary School
2800 Vly Creek Trl, Mckinney, TX  75070
Last modified Valley Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top