Mckinney, TX

Posted February 02, 2015
I am surprised to hear complaints about Boosterthon. It actually raised more money with less actual cost than Carnival. In fact, 62% of funds raised went directly to PTA. And it involved few volunteer hours. I can only assume that the complainers were not among the parents who worked hours upon hours to make the carnival a successful fundraiser. PTA leadership has done an excellent job strategically planning our future. While parent involvement is higher here than other schools, it is much less than it used to be. Bottom line--please don't complain in a public forum when you obviously are not involved because you do not have all of the facts.

Posted January 25, 2015
I think that the Valley Creek PTA has done a great job this year as always! For the parent saying that the PTA is lazy do you volunteer your time with the PTA? Many of the great VOLUNTEERS are working moms that dedicate their extra time to volunteering at our school to make it a better place for our children. It is really easy for the parents not involved to sit back and complain. If you do not like how it is going then step up, volunteer your time and make a positive impact instead of being negative.

Posted January 25, 2015
I think the VC PTA has done a great job this year! The PTA is made up of many parents that VOLUNTEER their time to help make this school a better place for our children lots of these parents work full-time in addition to Volunteering. Instead of being negative have you considered getting involved and making a positive contribution?

Posted January 25, 2015
Valley Creek is an excellent school. I know first hand that Valley Creek is far superior to other schools and the PTA exceeds in leadership and quality. From my understanding, VC PTA is actually able to provide FREE supplements to our children and assist other schools in the community (who DO NOT have a PTA or great parental involvement). The parents who complain and do not research how the money is spent and do not wish to volunteer need to spend the time they are complaining and help make the differences they wish to see. The PTA board is open to new members, new ideas and all the help they can get. To complain and make posts without making any attempt to remedy to problem or problems is negligent. If you are passionate enough to make posts then you should be passionate enough to step up and make positive changes for the school and for our children.

Valley Creek Elementary School 1

Posted November 19, 2014
I have to agree that the PTA has become lazy. Boosterthon raised $40,000 and $20,000 went directly to Boosterthon. So HALF the money I pledged for my kids went out the window! I will NEVER pledge again! $20,000 of our hard earned money went to Boosterthon because the PTA didn't want to put the time and effort into a decent fundraiser where we would KEEP most of the money. Shame on you VC PTA! By the way, the free carnival was totally lame. Can you imagine what we could have done with an extra $20,000???

Posted October 26, 2014
Wow, I'm shocked by the negative PTA comment on 9/23. Valley Creek participated in Boosterthon for the first time this year, in place of CHARGING for the Fall Carnival - NOT in place of the carnival, which was awesome and FREE! The students loved the Boosterthon, which many McKinney schools participate in - as do my nieces in Highland Park. It encourages leadership, integrity and physical activity. I'm flabbergasted. Our PTA is thriving with more members than we've had in a long time. We pay for all field trips, class shirts for every student, scholarships, supplies for the classroom and so much more! Valley Creek is the place to be!!

Valley Creek Elementary School 2

Posted September 23, 2014
PTA HAS REALLY GONE DOWNHILL! This year, they were too lazy to have a school carnival as a fundraiser. Instead, they used our kids and had them beg for money to raise funds. I am shocked MISD let our students be taken out of class and waste time raising money for the PTA. Shameful!

Posted August 18, 2014
Excellent school. Both of my kids are thriving at Valley Creek. The massive amount of parental involvement has a lot to do with the amount and quality of extracurricular events/activities, but it has little to do with the quality of the teachers and staff.

Posted December 10, 2012
This school is the best! I don't know how they did it but neither of my boys ever were bullied! In fact they learned to treat all equally and respectfully. There could not have been a better school to have started education with. My sons gained confidence and education that has allowed them to thrive throughout their entire education and they are now in college making excellent choices (never any drugs or alcohol) as well as thriving educationally. I sincerely believe that the care, respect and high quality of education contributed highly to my sons success! Thank you Valley Creek.

Posted June 06, 2012
My child recently completed his 4th year at Valley Creek and his experience has been very good. Not perfect, but very good. He ranks above 90% of 3rd grade students in TX in math, reading and science (not part of the gifted program) - he is in regular classes. Valley Creek is an academically aggressive public elementary school - with high expectations for teachers and students. This is a very close community with extremely high parent involvement - we all know each other and we all help each other. Almost a step back in time - with a large number of families walking/biking/riding golf carts to school and playing after school on the playground. The administration team at Valley Creek works closely with parent groups to ensure extra school activities are funded despite budget cuts - we haven't skipped a beat! The school maintains an open door policy - with parents welcome any time. However, security procedures are in place to keep the campus safe - and class disruption to a minimum. As far as public elementary school - it doesn't get any better. It is a nurturing, happy school - but also requires academic excellence. It's a really great, happy place - certainly unique.

Valley Creek Elementary School
2800 Vly Creek Trl, Mckinney, TX  75070
Last modified Valley Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley Creek Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top