Posted June 30, 2014
McKinney Christian Academy is an amazing school with a loving staff who pour love, education and spirituality into our children everyday. Choosing to become a part of the MCA family was one of the best decisions our family has ever made! It is truly a blessing to send our children to McKinney Christian Academy.

Posted June 25, 2014
I know my kids are getting a quality education with spiritual guidance and an emphasis on God's Word. They have wonderful friendships and enjoy the extracurricular activities. It is academically challenging with a lot of homework included, but I know they will be prepared for college.

Posted June 23, 2014
I sent my now senior to MCA as a sixth grader. I was very skeptical of a "private school" since I am a product of public schools only. Immediately, my family fell in love! The teachers have very high standards, yet they are compassionate and spend time developing relationships with the students beyond the classroom. The administration knows each kid by name and also becomes involved in the lives of the students. The family feel is amazing. Everyone supports each other. Friday night football games are a blast for the entire family! The curriculum is college-preparatory, Christian world-view. The curriculum is tough, but I know my sons will be completely prepared for college! Think of the curriculum as a blend between the new cutting edge teaching methods that public school teachers utilize with the old-fashioned book, paper, and pencil expectations. I love that every class connects concepts taught to the Bible. My husband and I quickly enrolled our other sons to MCA and are SO thankful for the blessing of this school!

Posted June 23, 2014
We moved here from out of state 4 years ago and our boys started at MCA at that time (4th and 6th grade). They were immediately accepted and welcomed in by their peers and teachers! Since then, they have had amazing experiences and have been challenged academically. But even more important than that, they are growing spiritually and supported by the teachers and staff! I wouldn't have them anywhere else!

Posted June 23, 2014
My son has been attending McKinney Christian Academy for the past 4 years. My husband and I could not be happier with our experience at MCA. Our son is thriving there due to the wonderful friendships, excellent teachers and staff, and Christian beliefs on which it is based. I love seeing him grow in so many different ways other than just academically. He can get a good education in many different schools, but seeing his spiritual growth is something we cannot find just anywhere, nor can we put a price on that. The life lessons he is getting at MCA will carry him much farther than an education alone. Thank you MCA!!!

Posted June 23, 2014
My oldest has been at MCA going on her 7th year and my youngest going on her third year. I have been extremely happy with the education they are receiving as well as the Biblical instruction they are receiving on a daily basis. I have also watched my once timid and shy child turn into a young lady of confidence because of her teachers and the friends she has made. MCA is a stellar school and I wouldn't consider sending my children anywhere else.

Posted June 23, 2014
Two years ago we needed to make a change in our children's school. We researched all the private schools in the McKinney area and MCA best lined up with our goals for our children. MCA has exceeded our expectations. We love the Christian science curriculum they use -- its the best! The teachers are well prepared. No school is perfect. We raised one concern and were blown away with how the school staff handled it. We've found both the middle school and high school teacher and staff to be professional, well-trained, and all pursue excellence. They began working with our children in middle school to make sure they will graduate with everything they need to qualify for the best colleges. As a parent this guidance is so very helpful. The bring in over 20 college representatives throughout the year for high schoolers to meet. MCA does a great job of pursuing academic excellence while also giving great attention to the spiritual aspect and character development. We love the balanced approach. Our two children have thrived at MCA.

McKinney Christian Academy 1

Posted April 11, 2014
McKinney Christian Academy was the worst experience of my daughter's life. She was literally tormented by bullies in the classroom (boys and girls) and the teachers and administration did absolutely nothing to stop it. In fact, they tried to tell us she was autistic. We took her to a well-respected and experienced child psychologist who advised us to get her out of this school immediately. Today, she's a well-rounded, active, and bright young woman with a great circle of close friends, who is in her senior year of college and going on to a Master's program. When I tell people we were told she was probably autistic by McKinney Christian Academy, their jaws drop to the floor in horror and disbelief. If you don't fit into their mold, they will ostracize, blame and belittle. I thank God we transferred our daughter out of this school when we did. I cannot imagine what would have become of her had she stayed. My husband and I are realistic people when it comes to our daughter. This school was just bad news, plain and simple.

Posted October 15, 2013
I can honestly compare MCA to MISD from K-12 as I've had kid(s) in both environments. Without a doubt, MCA is a Christian environment that absolutely does give an outstanding academic education. The teachers give personal attention while teaching students to be responsible for themselves academically and spiritually. My elementary student learns grammar that my MISD students never learned. One of my students began at MCA in 6th grade with low confidence overall and frustration with the class environment in MISD. We knew she didn't grasp math quickly and always had MISD tutoring leading up to TEST day. Her 6th grade teacher immediately recognized the need for help and offered daily tutoring to catch her up. Now almost finished with HS, she is confident, excelling academically, and has great opportunities ahead. I keep up with college students because of our older student from MISD. The MCA kids are prepared for everything college expects. They've already done it in HS. They outperform the MISD kids almost every time in all fields of study. Look at MCA's profile for test scores. Nothing in the area compares to MCA for getting our kids ready for college and the real world.

Posted August 08, 2013
I have two kids at MCA, entering their third year soon. Incredible school, faculty, and staff. For those that don't like the school- you know the rules/beliefs- so if you disagree- why send your child? Teachers/admin in North Dallas area are very high on the academics offered by MCA.

McKinney Christian Academy
3601 Bois D'Arc Road, McKinney, TX  75071
Last modified McKinney Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
McKinney Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top