PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Caring high school teachers, especially Mrs. Hubert who ensures that her students know they are valued as students and as individuals. My son loves her and learns so much from her teaching, not just because she is an exceptional teacher, but because she has a relationship with him. She lets kids know she is "for" them.

Should be called McKinney Protestant Academy. The bible teachers repeatedly teach biblical "truths" from a protestant viewpoint. On more than a couple of occasions, my child has been told that their Catholic beliefs are wrong.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We've been able to develop a personal relationship with all our kids' teachers and that has been so helpful in the parent/teacher cooperation in developing our kids.

Years ago we felt God calling us to MCA, and He hasn't disappointed us! We currently have 4 kids at the school, and while the tuition is our gift and sacrifice to our kids at this time, we have seen the product of such a fine education. MCA, in its down-to-earth, family-friendly way, has developed our kids holistically: spiritually, socially, athletically, and academically. When our kids finally enter the world on their own, we are confident that they will be able to thrive. Thanks MCA!!

We love MCA. It challenges our children and demands the best from them. At the same time the teachers and staff provide the help and encouragement for them to reach their full potential. The school reflects our conservative Christian values while teaching our children to be loving and kind to others. We feel MCA is preparing our children for college as well as for life. Our children have made friends who encourage them to make wise choices. We are thankful for MCA!

No, I do not want to rate my experience at this school. I do not have anything good to say at this time.

My daughter graduated in May 2014 from MCA and is a freshman at OU. The first day of school she called wanting a copy of her old Econ notes and the website to the teacher's Econ page. She has an A in this class and well as her other classes and she could not have accomplished this without the excellent education she received at MCA. Since this is a college preparatory school, she learned how to take notes and study for exams. I highly recommend this school.

McKinney Christian Academy is an amazing school with a loving staff who pour love, education and spirituality into our children everyday. Choosing to become a part of the MCA family was one of the best decisions our family has ever made! It is truly a blessing to send our children to McKinney Christian Academy.

I sent my now senior to MCA as a sixth grader. I was very skeptical of a "private school" since I am a product of public schools only. Immediately, my family fell in love! The teachers have very high standards, yet they are compassionate and spend time developing relationships with the students beyond the classroom. The administration knows each kid by name and also becomes involved in the lives of the students. The family feel is amazing. Everyone supports each other. Friday night football games are a blast for the entire family! The curriculum is college-preparatory, Christian world-view. The curriculum is tough, but I know my sons will be completely prepared for college! Think of the curriculum as a blend between the new cutting edge teaching methods that public school teachers utilize with the old-fashioned book, paper, and pencil expectations. I love that every class connects concepts taught to the Bible. My husband and I quickly enrolled our other sons to MCA and are SO thankful for the blessing of this school!

We moved here from out of state 4 years ago and our boys started at MCA at that time (4th and 6th grade). They were immediately accepted and welcomed in by their peers and teachers! Since then, they have had amazing experiences and have been challenged academically. But even more important than that, they are growing spiritually and supported by the teachers and staff! I wouldn't have them anywhere else!

Last modified McKinney Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12