Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted August 25, 2016
My son had an amazing experience at Albert & Iola Lee Davis Malvern Elementary for his Kindergarten year. Academically this school challenged my son every day and it certainly exceeded our expectations. This school follows "The Leader In Me" program and does an excellent job at teaching students to become good leaders and positive role models from a very young age. Everyone was extremely friendly and the communication between staff/teachers and parents is top notch. Mrs. Shaw was his teacher and we couldn't have picked a better person to teach him for his 1st year of school. She went above and beyond for every student in her class. She has a heart of gold and her passion for teaching showed through every bit of her hard work. We moved over the summer and had to enroll our son in a different school district/school, so we were very sad to leave such an excellent school. We are so blessed to have been part of Malvern and its community for a year. My son made some great friends and sweet memories!

Posted May 19, 2016
The kindergarten team is amazing, especially Mrs. Zavala. My kinder child is learning and being challenged. She has grown leaps and bounds since the beginning of the year. I also have a Special Needs child and I can't say enough about the sped teachers. Mrs. Paige is an angel on earth and my child has shown extreme academic growth as well as a behavior turn around. Mrs. Paige's approach is loving, firm and understanding. Her heart is in it for all the right reasons.

Albert & Iola Lee Davis Malvern Elementary School 1

Posted March 01, 2013
I have a first grader in this school and I have had nothing but trouble since trying to enroll him last summer. No one is good at communication from staff to staff or from staff to parent. I am very involved and they are constantly trying to shut me down. They barely have a special needs program and do not want to transfer my son elsewhere. If you can help it, do not move to this school area. We are looking for a house in another school zone to move into already. I can not wait to leave and get my son a decent education! He is falling behind because his teachers will not take the time to help him. I have been teaching him at home, for the most part. It is ridiculous and overwhelming to say the least.

Posted June 06, 2009
In all the schools I have taught in, Malvern is by far the most enjoyable. We take the time to dive into the data and implement plans that will help our students achieve.

Posted June 04, 2009
I have 2 children attending Malvern. There are many opportunities for students to become involved. The teachers really care about the whole child and I am proud to be a Malvern Parent!

Posted June 04, 2009
This is a wonderful school. They have implemented many wonderful programs from student council to the Chess Club. This school has low teacher turnover and they go out of their way to see that every child reaches their full potential!

Albert & Iola Lee Davis Malvern Elementary School

Posted August 08, 2008
I would give Malvern probably a 1 out of 5 stars rating. We have been a part of the school since it first opened and have been very disappointed overall with the school. My oldest child had all amazing teachers, but my middle child has not. The education, leadership, parental involvement, cleanliness all need work.

Albert & Iola Lee Davis Malvern Elementary School 1

Posted March 23, 2008
When I went to Malvern in second grade I didn't really like it. Sure it's a big school but that doesn't matter. They didn't let us talk at lunch if we did we had to owe resess.The teacher's in second grade were most of the time mean.

Albert & Iola Lee Davis Malvern Elementary School 4

Posted August 25, 2004
Malvern has made a 360 degree turn with the new Principle and I have seen many changes in their students as a result. Malvern students are mostly transients meaning their zone spans many apartment complexes so children come and go often. The teaching staff is incredible! We loved the smaller class size.

Albert & Iola Lee Davis Malvern Elementary School 3

Posted August 25, 2004
After spending two years at this school, we were thankful to move on. While we were blessed to have two great teachers, the parental participation at this school is extremely low, which makes coordinating activies/fundraisers, etc, very difficult. The majority of the staff are great to work with, but can only do so much on their own. This school is mainly zoned with apartment buildings, which results in a high turn over in attendance that changes weekly. We were not thrilled with this school and opportunities available.

Albert & Iola Lee Davis Malvern Elementary School
1100 Eldorado Parkway, McKinney, TX  75069
Last modified Albert & Iola Lee Davis Malvern Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.