Earl & Lottie Wolford Elementary School 3

Posted May 23, 2014
Academically a very good school. My son was previously in private school and this school is at or slightly above his previous school academically. Your child will have the best in this area. However, I am not impressed with the school's policies or general attitude. It allowed racial slurs to be directed at my son under the guise that it wasn't his ethnicty so it was ok. It wasn't until I discussed how inappropriate that was that the other students were punished. Many other policy items and attitudes that reflect little common sense. All and all the attitudes are difficult to get past and not the values that I want my son to learn.

Posted September 17, 2013
My daughter has been at Wolford since Kindergarten and now she is a 4th grader. All of her teachers have been wonderful. The art/music/pe teachers are great. My son with Autism attended Wolford for his 4th and 5th grade years in the STC unit. Mrs. Howard and Ms. Martha are truly the definition of what it means to teach with your heart. Love them and we still visit them every year with my son. Principal is very hands on and runs the school better than any principal I've ever seen. A+++++ school. Would definitely recommend to special needs children/families and regular learning children. Love this school. Also, Mr. Chapman has been very kind to both of my children.

Posted May 07, 2013
This school is good. Their math is pretty advanced-leveled. However, I have heard by my daughter that in their 5th grade classrooms, they are very strict, and once the class had half of their recess off over 2 minutes or so of talking. This is a decent way to get the kids to stop talking, but definitely not fun for the kids

Posted April 02, 2011
Wolford was a really great school! I saw was because im in evans middle school now. The best teacher in the school is Mr. Chapman because he always is friendly and very respectful. Love this school =)

Posted August 29, 2010
We've sent all of our kids (3) to Wolford since it opened in 2000. From day 1 through to today we've had nothing but great things to say about the staff, facility, and quality of education that our children have received. Each year the school has actually gotten better -- always raising the bar for itself, earning national awards yearly including U.S.. Department of Education "Blue Ribbon School" status. Parents are engaged with the education of their kids at Wolford and the staff has created a nuturing yet challenging learning environment. With two now in high school at McKinney Boyd and one still at Wolford we clearly see that the foundation set at this terrific school is preparing our kids to tackle whatever challenges they choose to take on in the years ahead.

Earl & Lottie Wolford Elementary School 4

Posted February 24, 2010
This school is a very nice and wonderfull school. The teachers are great with the kids and they all have fun with there job too.Iam a current 5th grader and have gone to this school for along time! Hope your kids love it as much as i do!

Earl & Lottie Wolford Elementary School 0

Posted October 09, 2008
5 Stars..........We love this schoo!!!!! Our grandson was in private school in plano, and we feel Wolford is even better...Thank You to the Great Group of wonderful people at Wolford. Ken & Ginger Joirdan

Posted July 25, 2008
This school has been a wonder expereince for both my kids! The staff is terrific, the kids are great and over all it is one of the best elementary school in North Texas!

Earl & Lottie Wolford Elementary School 4

Posted August 06, 2007

Posted March 16, 2006

Earl & Lottie Wolford Elementary School
6951 Berkshire Road, McKinney, TX  75070
Last modified Earl & Lottie Wolford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Earl & Lottie Wolford Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top