Arthur High Mcneil Elementary School 2

Posted June 02, 2014
My child has gone to McNeil the past three years and I have loved everyone of her teachers until this year. I have never been so dissapointed in how a teacher has treated and has made my child feel this year. She has a short temper and has displayed inappropriate behavior to not only my child but to lots of other students also. I would not recommend the third grade teacher that has joined this school this year to anyone.

Posted August 12, 2013
My daughters third grade teachers were such a blessing to our daughter and our family. So glad we get to experience them again this year. The teachers are the heart of McNeil, happy teachers, healthy school

Posted May 01, 2013
I have a special need child. When we transfer to McNeil, my child was used to teachers not advocating for her but we got the total opposite. All her teachers and support professionals have been a great support from everyone. Their support and encouragement has been good for my daughter. She looks forward to going to school. We have also seen great improvements in her grades. Thanks to all the staff at McNeil for all the support.

Posted August 18, 2012
I think I know a teacher who says that she teaches here. Ms. Lorenson or Ms. Bilyeu. she told me ms lorenson but when i checked my minicamp schedule is said ms bilyue.....

Posted February 15, 2012
The school in is decline, but no administrator wants to admit it and no teacher wants to accept it. Therefore it continues on the same path. The proof is in the school rating downgrade. Principal lacks true leadership, a fake smile will only get you fake responses. The teachers are worn out and it is very apparent to me. There are a handful of teachers that truly enjoy being there, but they are not enough to lift the overwhelming doom and gloom that most teachers desplay. I personally know a couple of families that have decided to home school as an alternative to Mcneil, also a couple of other families that have sold their house and move to another school zone and one to another district. I can see it happening and they will deny it to the very end, not sure why????

Arthur High Mcneil Elementary School 4

Posted November 27, 2010
I sent my children to McNeil elementary for 2 years. I was very happy with the teacher especially Kinder teacher. Caring and always send us up to date email about class activities. Some PTO are snobby but who cares, the teacher is good. They really enforce safety for children especially when they drop and pick up time. I think McNeil is way better than the school my children now attend in CA.

Posted June 02, 2010
The staff at McNeil is extraordinary. They teach engaging lessons to the children. The principals are involved in every day activities and are fimilar with all the children of the school. Volunteerism is down, which would be expected in today's economy, especially at such a diverse school such as McNeil. The teachers appreciate all help that is given to them. I have volunteered at the school for the past 10 years and have never felt unwanted or unappreciated. The PTO has had difficulty getting parents involved. If there was a problem at the school, I would say it is lack of parental involvement. The school is rated exemplary and there have been two ISD teachers of the year in the past 5 years. I have child still at McNeil and would strongly recommend the school to anyone moving into McKinney.

Arthur High Mcneil Elementary School 1

Posted May 01, 2010
Teachers & staff gossip. Principal is lacking in all areas. Teachers & staff do not appreciate their volunteers. PTO is snobby & board members get special privlages that others don't. Poor teachers who are not there for the kids! Had to get tutoring for both of my kids after the school year was over in order for them to be at grade level. Try to avoid sending your kids to this school if you can.

Posted October 30, 2009
We recently moved to Texas. I thought this elementary school was in a 'better' neighborhood, but it's not anymore. It's filled with kids living with grandparents, problem kids, etc. Extracirricular activities are non-existent. Bullying is a big problem at this school. Their policy is to 'talk' to the kids... but there is no discipline past that. The teachers are nice, but detached. There is a serious lack of parental involvement... this year's biggest fundraiser (Mustang round up) saw about 25% participation from parents at all grade levels. Parent volunteers are constant no shows, the canned food drive was a huge flop (for instance, in my older child's class- 13 cans, 18 students, my child brought in 7 of them). Right now all grade levels are focused on 'unteaching' children writing in the D'nealian style, rather than on academics. I wish we'd chosen a different elementary school & neighborhood.

Arthur High Mcneil Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
They have a wonderful staff,they teach are children how to make a difference by example, Our school is a 'Green' they recycle the rain water for the facility, I could go on & on. They take a personal interest in each child.

Arthur High Mcneil Elementary School
3650 Hardin Boulevard, McKinney, TX  75070
Last modified Arthur High Mcneil Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arthur High Mcneil Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top