Bad
Good

Wonderful new principal and assistant principal! Cannot say enough good things about the positive changes they have made to the school. The teachers have always been great, now the administration is as well!

My child has gone to McNeil the past three years and I have loved everyone of her teachers until this year. I have never been so dissapointed in how a teacher has treated and has made my child feel this year. She has a short temper and has displayed inappropriate behavior to not only my child but to lots of other students also. I would not recommend the third grade teacher that has joined this school this year to anyone.

My daughters third grade teachers were such a blessing to our daughter and our family. So glad we get to experience them again this year. The teachers are the heart of McNeil, happy teachers, healthy school

I have a special need child. When we transfer to McNeil, my child was used to teachers not advocating for her but we got the total opposite. All her teachers and support professionals have been a great support from everyone. Their support and encouragement has been good for my daughter. She looks forward to going to school. We have also seen great improvements in her grades. Thanks to all the staff at McNeil for all the support.

I think I know a teacher who says that she teaches here. Ms. Lorenson or Ms. Bilyeu. she told me ms lorenson but when i checked my minicamp schedule is said ms bilyue.....

The school in is decline, but no administrator wants to admit it and no teacher wants to accept it. Therefore it continues on the same path. The proof is in the school rating downgrade. Principal lacks true leadership, a fake smile will only get you fake responses. The teachers are worn out and it is very apparent to me. There are a handful of teachers that truly enjoy being there, but they are not enough to lift the overwhelming doom and gloom that most teachers desplay. I personally know a couple of families that have decided to home school as an alternative to Mcneil, also a couple of other families that have sold their house and move to another school zone and one to another district. I can see it happening and they will deny it to the very end, not sure why????

I am very concerned about the reviews I have been reading for sometime now about the interpersonal problems at McNeil. The bullying among students, lack of professionalism, lack of volunteer support, lack of parent input or interaction, and general discord at the school. I am considering moving and not allowing my children to go to this school unless there are some serious changes. I think the leadership is to blame. The leader is responsible for the setting the tone and dirction of the school. I am requesting a community open house with this school and the school board to address these concerns.

I sent my children to McNeil elementary for 2 years. I was very happy with the teacher especially Kinder teacher. Caring and always send us up to date email about class activities. Some PTO are snobby but who cares, the teacher is good. They really enforce safety for children especially when they drop and pick up time. I think McNeil is way better than the school my children now attend in CA.

The staff at McNeil is extraordinary. They teach engaging lessons to the children. The principals are involved in every day activities and are fimilar with all the children of the school. Volunteerism is down, which would be expected in today's economy, especially at such a diverse school such as McNeil. The teachers appreciate all help that is given to them. I have volunteered at the school for the past 10 years and have never felt unwanted or unappreciated. The PTO has had difficulty getting parents involved. If there was a problem at the school, I would say it is lack of parental involvement. The school is rated exemplary and there have been two ISD teachers of the year in the past 5 years. I have child still at McNeil and would strongly recommend the school to anyone moving into McKinney.

My duaghter loves going to school everday. The teachers are dedicated, professional and develop their curriclum around today's learning styles.

Last modified Arthur High Mcneil Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.