Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My oldest daughter went to Bennett (she is now in high school) and my 2 younger daughters both attend Bennett now. My middle daughter is autistic and the services she receives from the special education teachers, speech and OT therapists and her classroom teacher are simply outstanding. The administrative staff is wonderful and everyone at Bennett is very caring and encouraging for all the students. When an issue arises, it is handled quickly, professionally and compassionately. I know my children are in great hands at Bennett and I'm so glad they attend such an awesome school.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

None of my children have had any experiences with bullying at Bennett.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My daughter receives special education services for autism, speech, and sensory processing disorder - and all of her teachers/therapists are exceptional.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Ms Holderman and Ms Constantinescu are wonderfully upbeat, caring, kind, involved and motivational. They are both gems!

I have found the administrative staff to be highly responsive and extremely "in tune" to the children. My son had an issue with another child and I am so pleased with how it was handled. The staff really cares about the safety and well-being of every child. I am impressed with Bennett and I believe that it is the best school in McKinney!

Administration is non-responsive. My son just had a terrible experience. Most of the staff with the exception of the teacher and principal were kind but the experience with his Kinder teacher was so terrible, it made the whole year just awful. I hope by switching districts and with a new teacher next year, we have a better year.

Fantastic teachers, great students, wonderful community. Couldn't have asked for a better school to be a part of.

Great school! We really like the teachers and our children love school. The academics are strong.

Bennett Elementary is such an amazing school! The principal greets every single child by name and with a smile. The staff goes above and beyond, the school is very clean/safe, they also offer a variety of good quality extra curricular programs that serve different interests! My daughter will be entering 3rd grade and has loved all of her teachers so far. The teachers do an excellent job communicating with parents and give you plenty of tools to help your child at home. I have been involved in helping at this school and have always had a very positive experience with parents, teachers/staff, and children. If you're considering McKinney as your new home, I would highly recommend Bennett Elementary!

My 2 children attend Bennett. My husband and I have both loved this school. The front office staff are always friendly and helpful. The curriculum seems to be very balanced. Just the right amount of homework to support classroom work. I've seen great parental involvement, and the staff really care about the kids. The vice principal Ms Burkhart is wonderful. The only reason I didn't give Bennett 5 stars is because the principal, Ms Holderman, appears somewhat cold and often seems put off by parents. Other than that, we love Bennett!

Last modified Dean And Mildred Bennett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.