Posted July 24, 2014
Bennett Elementary is such an amazing school! The principal greets every single child by name and with a smile. The staff goes above and beyond, the school is very clean/safe, they also offer a variety of good quality extra curricular programs that serve different interests! My daughter will be entering 3rd grade and has loved all of her teachers so far. The teachers do an excellent job communicating with parents and give you plenty of tools to help your child at home. I have been involved in helping at this school and have always had a very positive experience with parents, teachers/staff, and children. If you're considering McKinney as your new home, I would highly recommend Bennett Elementary!

Dean And Mildred Bennett Elementary School 4

Posted June 20, 2014
My 2 children attend Bennett. My husband and I have both loved this school. The front office staff are always friendly and helpful. The curriculum seems to be very balanced. Just the right amount of homework to support classroom work. I've seen great parental involvement, and the staff really care about the kids. The vice principal Ms Burkhart is wonderful. The only reason I didn't give Bennett 5 stars is because the principal, Ms Holderman, appears somewhat cold and often seems put off by parents. Other than that, we love Bennett!

Posted April 10, 2014
After attending 2 other isd's in texas, i can without a doubt say that Bennett is the top of the top. Not only does the staff care but the teaching and the way it is taught is amazing. Kids are excited to be at school and learn. You know teachers are prepping the kids for Staar but it doesnt feel like they are only teaching to the test. The school is led and example set by the wonderful principal and her style and enthusiasm rubs off to the teachers and students. High demand to move in the neighborhoods around the school are a reflection of what a great school Bennett is.

Posted March 02, 2014
Bennett elementary is filled with positive energy from the vice principal and principal! This is a wonderful school that adequately provides an environment for children to grow and learn.

Posted August 25, 2013
My husband and I went back and forth trying to decide if we should start our then kindergardener in Catholic school or send her to Bennett. After hearing so many good referrals from neighbors who's kids had attended Bennett we decided to give it a try, I can not tell you how happy we are. My daughter who struggled with two years of Montessori education before coming to Bennett has done so much better than we ever dreamed. Every one at Bennett from the teachers & administrative staff to the crossing guard go above and beyond each and every day. I'm a huge cheerleader for Bennett and will tell anyone who will listen that this is a great school. If you are relocating to McKinney i hope this review helps just make sure you select a house in the area zoned for Bennett you will not be disappointed!

Posted February 22, 2013
Great school community. The teachers are very involved with the kids. The Friday LIVE program is second to none!

Posted October 29, 2012
We love Bennett! The staff, the atmosphere, the families! It's amazing. I have been please with all of my kids' teachers. My oldest son has progressed beyond my expectations since starting at Bennett 3 years ago (We lived in Plano prior to now). I also love the new assistant principal. She always goes out of her way to make sure everyone feels welcome and even called to double check on my child after he had a tough day. We love Bennett!!

Dean And Mildred Bennett Elementary School 1

Posted July 01, 2012
Ultimately, I have our experience at Bennett to thank for our new and happy homeschooling life. But I wouldn't want to repeat it for love or money. If you have no other choices for your children's education, if you are indifferent to education in general, but need a safe place to stow your kids while you work, this is your school. But if you want a dynamic elementary education that will not only enrich your child, but teach them how to enrich *themselves* for a life time, run, don't walk away from Bennett Elementary. Though, in the past, there were a few extraordinary people working here, as is so often the case with public education, they moved on to better positions. What remains is a very conventional and medicore public school. It might not hurt your child's chances of success, but if they do succeed, it will be in spite of their time here, certainly not because of it.

Dean And Mildred Bennett Elementary School 2

Posted December 11, 2010
I agree with the post that the Principal and assistant principal are cold and distant, thus causing the overall environment to be sterile. The leadership seems to be young, inexperienced. The office staff is quite nice. The teachers appear to work hard and care. Other appearances upon observation, are the teachers are stifled by all the "theory" rules of the leadership rather than practical application. Almost like children should be seen and not heard. Dissappointed from what I have heard about past years at Bennett.

Posted August 26, 2010
Both of my children attend Bennett. I am very involved in the school and have been so impressed at not only the quality of Bennett's staff but also the level of education provided. My children are excited about going, and I am confident in their quality learning experience. We love Bennett!

Dean And Mildred Bennett Elementary School
7760 Coronado Drive, McKinney, TX  75070
Last modified Dean And Mildred Bennett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dean And Mildred Bennett Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top