McKinney, TX

Scott Morgan Johnson Middle School 2

Posted April 23, 2011
Curriculum seems fairly standard, while not presenting a ton of enrichment opportunities. My child currently attends and reports that most teachers are focused on correcting behavioral issues and rather than creating an enhanced student learning environment to keep them involved and engaged in their own growth and education. She reports that many teachers have an "I don't care attitude", and one has gone so far as to call a kid fat! School administration, with the exception of current principal is rude and indifferent to students and parents without those behavioral issues, and I agree that they seem robotic and burned out. While I'm satisfied that my daughter continues to bring home A's and B's, I do wish we felt she was getting more than just the minimum, "standardized" education in a McKinney school.

Scott Morgan Johnson Middle School 4

Posted August 11, 2009
Scott Johnson is a wonderful middle school. The teachers really care about the students and the principle has been great. The school does a good job with controling the kids who have discipline problems. My son is shy but he allways feels accepted here and has really gotten involved. As long as a kid is not a dicipline problem and attempts to get involved then this is a great middle school.

Scott Morgan Johnson Middle School 0

Posted June 03, 2009
Worse shool ever. The worse administration. No focus on students at all. The shool is just worry about looking good. Band and drama are all focus on the kids they like, no chance there for your new kid, they pick the ones they like and that's it.

Posted August 25, 2008
scott johnson middle school is the best middle school so far. I have noticed that most of the staff members actually help and listen to the students they deserve five stars!

Scott Morgan Johnson Middle School 0

Posted August 25, 2008
I've been at sjms for 3 years now and so far they all have been wonderful I'm glad Im a student there all the teachers are very helpful and actually listen to what we have to say!!!

Posted April 10, 2008
i was a transfer student from faubion and i felt totaly welcome at sjms. alot of these reviews come from teachers and parents who dont have first hand experience. i love sjms and i was very sad to move away. most of the teachers were great and the priciples were awsome. i had the best middle school experience that any kid could have.

Scott Morgan Johnson Middle School 3

Posted February 16, 2008
A lot of kids that cause trouble never seem to be stopped.

Scott Morgan Johnson Middle School 3

Posted August 02, 2007
I taught at SJM for 2 years and hated it. I have 10 years teaching experience and this experience created such a burn out that I wanted to leave teaching altogether. I really felt like a minimum wage worker there. They were poorly organized..It's as if it was last minute pulled together. Check out the turn over for their school. And their main focus is the TAKS. I felt very disconnected.

Scott Morgan Johnson Middle School 2

Posted July 22, 2007
I volunteered at this school for the 3 years my son was in school there. Although he got a thorough enough education and he had no problems there, every time I was there I saw teachers yelling at students they knew and at students they didn't know, for all kinds of imagined infractions in the halls. On the other hand, there was no control over uprisings in the cafeteria, butting in line, bullying, etc., despite numerous teachers on duty. I had the feeling that the teachers were 'burned out' and that they would lash out at the more timid students, while ignoring the trouble makers. I found it sad and disheartening, and plan to move before my other son has to go through that.

Posted April 12, 2007

Scott Morgan Johnson Middle School
3400 Community Avenue, McKinney, TX  75071
Last modified Scott Morgan Johnson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scott Morgan Johnson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top