Bad
Good

I love this school! I have 1 son who have graduated, another son getting ready to graduate and a 3rd son going into Freshman year 2015. Each of my boys have been offered scholarships on an academic level including the one in 8th grade because he is in the gifted program as well as Athletic scholarships. The teachers work well with the students by offering tutoring before and after school to help if needed. McKinney North pride themselves on making sure the students are successful and they will listen to the parents feed back. I have a forth child who will not hit high school for quite a few years I will make sure she attends this school.

My son just finished his 1st year in Mckinney and it was awful, we came from frisco school district and were expecting something similar, needless to say its not even close to the same, my son comes home saying that they spend whole class periods doing nothing just sitting around talking, the teachers seem to not care at all about the students, whenever i try to talk to anyone it takes many phone calls and they always seem to by bothered and its very upsetting, my son will not be returning this next year

North is an outstanding school with the best teachers! Smaller classes and caring teachers make it a great campus. Great opportunities for students despite the district not always providing equally due to its smaller size. Wouldn't want my kids at any other high school in McKinney!

This is a great school. I have been going to McKinney North for 2 years, and have loved every one of my teachers so far. The extracurricular activities are great, including our 2-year-old orchestra. Seniors are recognized in several places and I have known them to receive many scholarships. People might complain about the teachers and the teaching quality, but we are extremely academically competitive and if someone isn't making good grades, I think it would be their own fault, not the staff's.

Apparently academics are not the primary concern at this school. I am shocked at the elitism that has been reported by national news regarding the cheerleaders at this school. This school needs to help students prepare for their future. I don't know of many professions that place a value on what you were in high school. Wouldn't it be nice to have this school recognized in the national news for academic accomplishments?

MNHS is a great school within a great neighborhood community but, parents need to be more involved in the PTA and the school administration more transparent with issues challenging the school's success. The recent flaw in discipline should not have occurred and should not be allowed to happen again. Disciplined children perform excellently in all learning fields. This rare occurrence should be a learning experience for all, administrators, teachers, parents/guardians, students and of course the community at large. if we allow indiscipline it will come back to us in the neighborhood. Teachers keep doing what you are doing you are doing a swell job!

Last modified Mckinney North High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.