Melissa, TX

Melissa High School 1

Posted December 03, 2014
As a former teacher, I was able to work in the intermediate, middle, and high school. This is a district I would NOT recommend to any parent or student. The morale of the staff and leadership of administration is lacking. No expectations are set, the favorites make the decisions, and any new ideas are frowned upon and that person is quickly isolated. The administration was very unprofessional in their day to day dealings with staff, and the process in place is not an effective one. This all unfortunately affects the learning environment for the students. When "dump" classrooms are allowed, and student are made to sit on floors so not to inconvenience the person who does schedules, then the priorities are misplaced as to what the purpose of education is.

Posted February 08, 2011
My son started at Mellissa High School his freshman year. Everyone was very accepting of my son and his high school experience was wounderful and something he will remember the rest of his life. The academics were close to what he had at the private school he attended. The academics is improving and continue to improve. Some students will have at least the first year of college completed by graduatiion now.

Posted December 01, 2010
My family and I moved here about 3 months ago and couldn't be happier. The school administration has been very helpful and the students are very accepting of new people. My kids blended in very quickly and love it here.

Posted October 28, 2009
this school is great if my child doesnt understand something or she is struggling they always make sure that she recieves help. as well as all the other students, they offer TAKS tutoring to all students struggling and a 25 minute study hall to recieve all the understanding of the subject you need.

Posted August 21, 2009
New 9th grader's step-dad, says 'this school is everything you would hope you're young teen could receive, for an awesome start toward higher education.' Kudos MHS

Melissa High School

Posted October 24, 2008
I attended Melissa Junior High (then went to Anna High school the year before they built the new High school). I am a college Senior now, studying biology and chemistry. I feel that my experience in this district was pleasant. However, I have been aware of the situation that sports highly override the importance of academics. Although extracurriculars are a very great way of teaching a person how to balance time and to find their inner dedication and passion for an activity, but in the end, I found that the experience of academic discipline is what is needed for the real world. I currently work for a hospital, and if I were going to a school that put this much emphasis on sports, I don't believe i would be very serious about college, have the job that I have now, or have the dreams that i have now.

Melissa High School 2

Posted September 11, 2007
I am am an experinced high school coach who has developed several successful programs, and winning teams. Unfortunately In too many cases the culture and staff at Melissa seem to put athletics above academics. They are good folks but are too close to the situation to see just how much of an effect the sports culture has at the expence of academics. I love sports but academics are why we have schools. More pride is academics is somthing this school needs to push hard.

Melissa High School 4

Posted February 21, 2007
My daughter has been going to Melissa ISD since first grade and is in 8th grade now. Overall I am happy with the new staff the past two years in the middle/high schools and the changes they've made in the athletic department this year were positive. The school does lack in academic class offerings, though. I'd like to see more variety of courses offered at all grades.

Posted October 04, 2006
We moved here from McKinney and Melissa High School is far better than McKinney. The classrooms are more one-on-one. The classes my 8th grader is taking far exceeds the work she was doing in McKinney. The principal is visible with an open door policy. The admin. is friendly and made us feel welcome. The teachers really push my daughter to be her best. P.E. or athletics is a requirement, so all students get exercise and I agree. We love Melissa HS.

Posted September 18, 2006
My daughter is 15, and has been a student at Melissa High School since Jan. 2005. We have very much enjoyed the small town atmosphere that Melissa high School has to offer. The super intendent has been extemely helpful and all of the melissa staff have made us feel very welcome. Startingin the middle of a school year is always a stressful time for a student, but everyone at Melissa made my daughter feel , right at home.

Melissa High School
3150 Cardinal Dr, Melissa, TX  75454
Last modified Melissa High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Melissa High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top