Childrens Palace Preparatory School 1

Posted July 23, 2014
I have to say that when I first did my research at this school back in 2012 I was very impressed with everything and everyone. After time passed I didn't like the fact that we, the parents, have to provide the teachers school supplies, which have been added to our children's school supply list. Also there is a lot of pressure on fundraising activities which required $150 profit or out of parents pocket per student if you do not participate. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!! Not just that but getting new teachers every 4-6 months talks bad about this school. I really had to pull my children out because they were coming home with some really bad habits, hungry and my 4 yr old told me that her substitute teacher put her to sleep on the carpet, with nothing under, because she was too lazy to help my daughter get her sleeping bag from her backpack!!! I use to recommend this school to all my friends, but now I don't.

Posted January 29, 2014
CP Preparatory School is Hosting A Sweetheart Dance Feb 7th 6-9 for families with children ages 2-10. Join us for a valentine celebration Food, Fun, Games, Fellowship!!

Posted June 30, 2013
CP Preparatory School was established in 1997. CP Prep School educates ALL children 18 mo. to 3rd gr. Educating Typical-Gifted and Academic Differences. Small classes individualized attention. CP Prep offers 12 academic programs to meet the needs of ALL students. Visit www.cpprepschool.com for more information and find out why so many parents LOVE CP Prep School call 214-577-4368 to schedule a tour

Posted January 28, 2012
My child currently attends the school. My child is bright, intelligent, and reading above grade level. I have noticed the climate of the school really change. I am overly concerned about moving my child in the middle of the school year, but I know that my child could receive a better education and be inflluenced by a more positive atmosphere somewhere else. Although I have nothing against people who use government assistance to better themselves, It should be criminal to charge some parents over 7,000 a year where you accept CCMS. It wasn't always, but is now very similar to the environment of a DISD public school. Not to mention the last straw...losing an amazing teacher.

Posted September 07, 2011
My daughter has attended CP Prep School since she was 22 months old. When she finished Kindergarten she was reading at a second grade reading level. The teachers are well educated and work well with the students. My daughter is now in first grade and came home after the first day of school speaking 3 words in Spanish. I am very impressed with both the director and staff at CP Prep School!

Posted August 11, 2011
(Actually CP Preparatory now) The teacher turnover rate at this school is unacceptable and the classrooms are filled to the brim with students. Now that this school accepts CCMS, it has gone downhill academically as well over the past three years. While a few teachers are caring and knowledgable, the majority are unprofessional and under-qualified, especially considering the cost of tuition for non-CCMS families. There is great deal of pressure to sell for fundraising activities -required $150 profit/out of parents pocketper student- which is ridiculous as well. I absolutely do not reccommend.

Posted March 28, 2011
I'm suprised at the negative comments left, my 6yr old attends Kindergarten and she attended the daycare in the summer. We both love this school. Its clean, organized, the teachers are awesome and my little one is on a second grade reading and math level. They are organized with their teachings and I get progress reports every week. They also teach the kids to be creative. I totally recommend this school!

Posted August 21, 2010
I have enjoyed the time that my daughters have spent going to CP Prep. My 5 yr old will begin kinder at a public school this year and because of her wonderful learning experience with CP Prep the last 2 years I am confident thatshe will excell past the other kids & she will not ever be discouraged or come accross somthing she cannot handle. My almost 3 yr old was the love of the classroom at CP Prep last year in the younger childrens class & it was because of this that I have decided to put her back at CP Prep in the environment she is fmilair with. Also after actually looking at other places for her to go it was no comparison or question to where she belonged & I can understand the people who wrote negative probably had a bad experience...understandable.

Childrens Palace Preparatory School 1

Posted April 20, 2010
This school is definately horrible. While CP Prep has some great staff memebers the problem lies within management and lack of cleaning and education. The school is poorly structure with lack of routinues, which lead to craziness of children. They did not help with the potty training process at all. My kids did not learn very much and as an educator this saddens me greatly. There was numerous occassions I seen teachers grab students or simply address a child harshly. School should be warm and loving enviornment, which this school is not of that sort. I would recommending not listening to a word the director has to say about the cirriculum and ect. because it's simply a lie and the results will eventually show. It's not the childrens fault, but the staffs- maily director. It's all about the money for her. And it will eventually show- just wait.

Posted April 16, 2010
Although we had a pretty good teacher overall the school is unprofessional. My child was potty training and even though I would send plenty of undies and clothing, they would continue to use diapers, that I did not bring, because it was 'easier' If they would care more about the students then the $$'s it may be better. They do not give the 'warming atmosphere' they say. You are forced to by $100 worth of school supplies for your toddler, things that you know they don't use. We were asked to bring a PACK of dry erase markers for our 2-year old, and there was not even a dry erase board in their room.

Childrens Palace Preparatory School
603 S Bryan Belt Line Rd, Mesquite, TX  75149
Last modified Childrens Palace Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
Childrens Palace Preparatory School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top