Mesquite, TX

Posted February 23, 2015
Parents please be warned that the ITBS test scores at MOA are not realistic! The teachers teach the test all year and then let students retake it if their scores are not high enough. Parents get the false impression their children are advanced, when in reality they may be below level. The inflated, fake scores are dishonest and misleading. The principal loves to tell parents how smart their kids are, but it isn't true in most cases. These false scores become part of the students' permanent record. Why do they get away with this??

Posted November 25, 2014
We have our two kids in Meadow Oaks Elementary Building. One of my kid got transferred from local public school and another one from local daycare. I can't stress how much difference Meadow Oaks has made in their education, behavior and socializing. I send my kids here for a great education and I am glad that they are protected and shielded well. I am very happy that we made this choice.

Meadow Oaks Academy 2

Posted September 10, 2014
As a former employee and one who's child was in the pre k I have different views. The pre k side was awesome. My child learned a lot and was only there a short time. I would recommend it. However if you are thinking about working here I would advise against it. Things are not run very professionally. Now as to some of the other posts I read, about the K-5th side, the classes are really divided according to where your child is at (which is determined after a few weeks of review, if not already known) and children go to pe and either art or computer every day. There is a computer in every room as well, but it is not normally used by the children because there is just one. It's a pretty good school to send your child to (the small ratios help a ton!) but not to work for (horrible communication and unprofessional atmosphere)

Posted August 09, 2014
Unfortunately Meadow Oaks Academy is no longer a top notch private school. As a parent (ex parent as of this year) I strongly recommend asking questions and requiring proof of any claims made by this school regarding such issues as teacher certification and learning opportunities advertised being upheld throughout year. Also be very aware that parent involvement is highly discouraged . From personal experience I feel strongly this is due to the school actual promises and practices not being carried out. The school has also claimed outright via office staff that this is a state accredited school. It is not. I lost all trust due to the unscrupulous behavior of false representation to parents . Faculty turn over is also high which is a strong indicator that there are problems. I am so sad that this school has suffered such a demise .

Posted June 21, 2014
Some teachers are not certified or degreed, but parents are given the false impression that they are on the school s website. The website also lists scheduled courses which do not occur, such as music, art, and computer lab every day. In reality, the students only go the computer lab once a week for only 30 minutes, but the school claims it is high tech. Parents are lied to about the classes or teachers their child will have. Parents are told their child will be in the advanced group, but this doesn t always happen. At open house, the current teachers were directed to say they would be the teachers for the upcoming school year. In reality, these teachers are being replaced by new teachers without the knowledge or consent of the parents or students. As the parents find out, they are very angry since the administration was not upfront with them and consider pulling their students out of the school.

Posted May 22, 2014
I just started my two kids at this school this year -- one in the elementary school and the other in the preschool. I believe the academic programs offered are exceptional. I come from a district with a really good public school system, but felt that MOA has additional opportunities for kids who excel. My critique would be with the Kung Fu program - the scheduling is pretty atrocious, and overpriced considering the amount of times it is provided, or rather not provided. This is not a problem with the school, however, but the Kung Fu instructor. I think it is nice that MOA provides programs on-site, and therefore, can choose, or choose not to, have my children participate, just like every other parent. I have found both the principal and director very accessible whenever I have concerns or questions. Plus, whenever I have asked to meet with a teacher, not only has it been encouraged, but quickly scheduled. I never feel rushed out of the school when talking with one of the teachers or staff.

Posted April 25, 2014
The Best Experience (Extremely Satisfied Parent).. I also have no idea what the negative review is about;. Sounds like its either fake or personal agenda. We have been with Meadow Oaks for over 5 years now.. My 2 kids in private and 1 in preschool have loved every second of it and we have too. I am just glad that Meadow Oaks provide an amazing solid elementary private school option in Mesquite area. I usually don't write reviews but I guess most of us always find time to complaint and never to appreciate. So, wanted to give my two thumbs up for Meadow Oaks..

Posted March 31, 2014
Easily the best experience I have had at a daycare facility. Shocked at the review below about communication, the front office staff is always helpful and very detailed with communication. Since they have a private school, they are teaching at a high level starting from early an early age. The curriculum is far advance from daycare we have been to previously. Extracurricular activities with an indor pool are a plus!!

Posted March 03, 2014
I am shocked at the positive reviews on this website. Unfortunately, my family and I have not had a similar experience. Although we've stuck it out for 4 long years now, none of our issues have been resolved. Our number one concern is a lack of communication from the school, which has made it so difficult for us to stay involved, it's like we have to BEG the school to tell us what's going on from week to week. One year, our child's teacher was fired and we never received notification when it happened or ANY official explanation of WHY it happened. This would only fall second to the front desk staff, who go out of their way to be rude at every possible opportunity, and whose answer to nearly every question is "I don't know." As for the social aspect, there is no Parent's Organization. There are no volunteer opportunities. There are no community events. Parental visits to the school are discouraged. Extra curricular activities through the school are mismanaged and mis-communicated (everything from the schedule to the pricing). The facilities are old, outdated, in dis-repair, and in some cases filthy. The website is never up to date, and is riddled with spam. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Posted April 04, 2013
The education my daughter is receiving at this school is exactly what I wanted for her, but they continue to amaze me. My daughter is an imaginative, creative child, and I wanted to nurture that. I was apprehensive about her starting school because, from my experience, most schools want all the children to think the same and squash their imagination. This school loves to encourage children to be themselves while offering a supreme education they couldn't get in a public school. They place children in classrooms with other students who share their level of learning. Whether your child is brilliant beyond his/her years or they struggle with basic concepts, this school will make sure their needs are tended to so they have the best chances to be successful.

Meadow Oaks Academy