Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 18, 2015
The Senior Director Mrs. Davis is Great at the Mesquite Campus but the rest of the staff I can't say the same. It seems as though the superintendent is all about money due to the enormous class sizes, its to many children in a class room in order to have a credible learning environment. With that being said when its all about the money and no longer about the kids I don't see the schools success lasting to long. To many Chiefs and not enough Indians I'm sure pretty soon legacy will be the equivalent of DISD. So if you want your child to get a quality education don't bring them here. You would be better off taking them elsewhere. Now I see why they want to close charter schools down its apparently due to thrown together schools like this. And while im on a role the campus traffic sucks this should of been taken care of before the school even opened and it shows apparently things were clearly not thought through. And why is the student body made up of mostly Hispanics and low income Anglos? Where is the diversity? Maybe whom ever is over the schools should let who they hire run the schools. I thought the hire up people stayed In there BIG offices and let the people they hire as Principals run the school. I f you ask me turning the old building into a school was a waste of time if it wasn't going to be done right. Just my 2 cents

Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy - Mesquite Campus 3

Grateful to: School leader

Posted October 18, 2015
The Senior Director at the Mesquite Campus is great I'm sure other campuses wished they had a director like her. You can tell that she had experience with running a school the way it should be ran. And if don't like how she runs things take your child elsewhere we all know they won't put up with nonsense at other school districts. She made sure my child was taken care of from the first day of school until this point and assured me things would get better and they have and I thank her for being so positive and reassuring.

Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy - Mesquite Campus 2

Posted October 04, 2015
My student is being kicked out of this school because he missed a week due to being ill. I intended to fit him being removed. The Sr Director called stating that my student was damaging "her" schools attendance reputation. I do not think this is fair.

Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy - Mesquite Campus 4

Posted September 10, 2015
So far things have started out a little unorganized; however I'm willing to give the school a try since my son seems to be learning and the environment seems very welcoming to our family so far. The teachers and Adminstration seem to be getting a handle on things lets just wait and see before passing judgement; this is a new building and a new start. I'm Willing to give this school a shot. I pray for the teachers and Adminstration to have a very successful year. From a Parent

Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy - Mesquite Campus 1

Posted August 15, 2015
Completely unorganized! Teacher turnover rate is crazy! Half the teachers aren't even certified. No teacher support from administration. Don't send your kids here.

Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy - Mesquite Campus 1

Posted June 03, 2015
As a parent, I want teachers to be cautious of where you choose to work. I am only giving the facts and whether you choose to work here is up to you. However, teachers feel that they are not supported and that they are blamed for things that go wrong and are out of their hands. The administration doesn 't know what they are doing, and therefore will end up blaming teachers for things that go wrong. The school will accept the worst kids who should be in alternative schools because they need the money. It's all about the MONEY. So if you choose to send your kids here, be aware that your kids will be around students who have been kicked out of other schools and are very challenging. They disrupt the learning environment and teachers are left to handle such students who are disrespectful. In addition, Dr. Good will talk to teachers disrespectfully and many teachers leave because of such a negative work environment. The school isn't in good standing with TEA and unless things improve, I highly doubt it will last long. The school insists on Project based learning, but the reality is that the students are lacking the basic skills in order to even participate in projects. The projects don't work, and this is evident in the scores. Because of the lack of discipline and lack of a clear organization or support system, this school isn't doing well and from what I have heard, teachers eventually leave and find better jobs elsewhere. In addition the pay isn't the greatest and the lack of materials is very evident. Keep all of this in mind if you choose to work here or send your kids here. I have removed my kids since it isn't the kind of environment I would recomend.

790 Windbell Circle, Mesquite, TX  75149
Last modified Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy - Mesquite Campus is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.