Posted August 01, 2011
well i must say i move to mesquite from disd and i did not want to change my son school but when i went to visited the school i felt like moving him to moss would be the best thing for him and lord be hold it was this school should me the thingmy son was lacking from and the thing he was his best in so that helped me to where i knew just where to help him with wen he make it home moss is the best school so far so this comming year my 4yr dtr will be going to this school at lease i hope with her brother and she will also be and honner child of mine

Posted August 12, 2009
I have to say that Mary Moss, in my opinion, is one of the best elementary schools Mesquite has to offer. Recently I was driving 5 kinder garden kids to a soccer game and I started asking them math and spelling questions. All from different schools in Mesquite. My son outperformed the other kids in both math and spelling. I will have to say that the teachers there are great and supportive of the kids. I like the fact that they have a Math fair and cultural events throughout the year. I am very impressed with the quality of teachers they have so far.

Posted April 29, 2009
This has to be one of the best schools in Mesquite. The new principals are so wonderful. All the teachers really seem to care and work so hard for all the students. I have been especially impressed with the kindergarten teachers.

Posted August 05, 2007
Moss Elementary has been Recognized every year that Mrs. Nelson has served as principal (2005, 2006, 2007). She came in with a common sense grass roots approach to educating the children. She does not accept failure from teachers, parents or students. She keeps students after school to complete assignments, she tutors daily, as well as finds time to make her students feel special. The school has a friendly atmosphere. That was not always the case. She and her entire staff (custodians and cafeteria) work with the same goal in mind; Our children come first so do whatever it takes to help them be successful! There are areas where improvement is still needed and knowing Mrs. Nelson, it will happen very soon. Thank you for the opportunity to rate this school and its staff.

Posted January 11, 2007

Posted May 15, 2006
- a former student

Moss Elementary School 4

Posted January 10, 2006
Our child started school in private school and moved to public school. We have been pleased with the education our child has received at Moss. I am surprised by the lack of parental involvement. Parents are welcome to volunteer and be involved but only a few are. I was welcomed when I got involved and have come to know other involved parents and created a solid peer base for my child. I have also been pleased with the music programs and physical education in the school. They study different music cultures and do different physical activities - not just exercises all the time.

Posted July 11, 2005
My daughter has gone to Moss Elementary for two years. The teachers really work one on one with your child if they need it. The principal took extra time to talk to the students on a daily bases. Getting to know them, showing the children that they are special and can do anything that they set their minds to.

Posted June 21, 2005

Moss Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2003
- a former student

Moss Elementary School
1208 New Market Road, Mesquite, TX  75149
Last modified Moss Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Moss Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top