Posted October 22, 2014
My kids attend this school and have had a great experience in each class. The administration supports their staff and students. The atmosphere is positive. I just wish the building was a updated...

Florence Elementary School 4

Posted October 29, 2012
My daughter has been attending Florence since the 3rd grade. Her teacher this year in 4th grade is awesome. She loves Art and Music and is learning so much more than her previous school. The homework assignments corresponds with whay is being taught in the classroom and she communicates very well with her students parents. However, as one of the other parents below noted, the office staff is not that great. II have had more than one issue myself with them and their attitudes. Every time I have walked into that office I also get an attitude or feeling as if I am not welcomed. On another note, the principal is the best. She is quick at solving issues and really good about returning phone calls and answering emails. She has an open door policy that makes it really great to not have to deal with the two women that sit in that office.

Posted August 31, 2012
First off, there are 3 ladies in the front office and I cant believe this was posted. I walk in the office all the time and I have never been treated rudely. They always smile and greet me and whats more they talk to my children and know their names. I have volunteered at this school and never heard them bringing their problems to work. These ladies work very hard and dont deserve these comments. Maybe you should have talked to them first before writing such a thing. I think Florence has shown what a strong school they are getting their exemplary rating and will continue to stay at the top.

Florence Elementary School 3

Posted August 30, 2012
ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION !!! Im very unhappy with the two ladies in the front office. They are very very rude and never smile. I have been in that office 3 times and each time it is the same attitude. It is very obvious that these two ladies bring their personal problems to work. Which in my eyes it is very unexeptable. Especially when they work with children. I will be calling someone above them to get this resolved asap. However on the positive note my daughters teacher is very nice and looks like she is on top of her game.

Posted October 03, 2009
I love all that they do with the children and it seems the need the money the most, especially the special education program. I love the pre-k progam but these ladies never express and distraughtness and always seem willing to do whatever it takes.

Florence Elementary School 1

Posted July 22, 2009

Florence Elementary School 3

Posted April 11, 2008

Florence Elementary School 1

Posted March 10, 2008
Bilingual program doesn't have highly qualified teachers . Teachers assigned to bilingual, at least in 5th & 6th grade doesn't speak spanish well and grace students unfairly in the spanish subject. How is the school going to have a bilingual teacher in a bilingual setting if this teacher is not fully bilingual? If the teacher cannot speak spanish fluently and commits a lot of errors in grammar and spelling? I personally had a conference with one of these teachers in spanish and it was very hard for them to communicate with me in spanish, there's a lot of words she strugle with during our conference, and the spanish she used was not correct spanish; It was kind of spanglish with a lot of other words that are not english nor spanish. After 2 years of tense situations, I change my daughter to a regular program.

Florence Elementary School
4621 Gleneagle Street, Mesquite, TX  75150
Last modified Florence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Florence Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top