Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL! The staff and teachers are some of the best (if not the best) in the area. The care and attention Principal Froning and Assistant Principal Cluff, have given Mcwhorter students consistently exceeds our expectations.

My son started this year there in 6th grade. He has been constantly bullied by the childish thugs and assaulted twice in 11 days. The 2nd instance occurred 3 days ago over an open discussion of all topics...the confederate flags. Not a good open topic of discussion in my opinion when your 1 of 3 Caucasian kids in a class of 24. The school just suspended the thug. I'll be damned if it stops there. I plan on pressing charges on the thug and removing my son from this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My child went from not being able to read at all to loving books! the help they have shown us has been very nice

really love this school and the new principal and teachers. my kids were really struggling with reading but they are on a good road

We started our daughter in this school last year. There is a new principal and they are working very hard to ensure all students are treated fairly. Seems there is always someone who is unhappy but I LOVE this school!

Develops character: Strongly agree

They really look out for each other and the students. I have seen this school really turn around this past year.

McWhorter Elementary School in Mesquite,Tx is were my child attend. I do have to agree with the review from Oct 2013, bullying at the school isn't addressed. They down play it and try to convince the parent no bullying has taken place and their child is the blame. They ask that you teach your child to not hit back but to inform an adult of a situation before it escalates. When the child does that, they are bullied by the adult and self esteem lowered. If the parent call and make complaints regarding the issue the child is retailated against. McWhorter shouldn't be receiving any government funding at all. My son has a disablity and he is being discriminated against. I feel that the Principal's and Teachers need to all go back through training. How can they expect respect from parents regarding their students when they can't be trusted.

I must say as wellin addition to the lack of being where they should academically for each grade, bullying in that school is disregarded like it never happened. My 9 year old son wont stand for that, he has been sticking up for countless students with out any help from Staff Members at McWhorter. As well as a disregard to bullying, lack of enough academics, McWhorter is SOOO FAR BEHIND. I made some phone calls to other parents, co workers, friends, etc and my son's class who is in 4th grade is doing 2nd grade work. Why? They are in 4th grade.....

WORST SCHOOL I REMOVED MY KIDS BEFORE THE SCHOOL YR. WAS OVER.. POOR QUALITY OF EDUCATION,TEACHERS.AND PRINCIPLE. I FIELD TWO STATE COMPLAINTS AGAINST MC WHORTER & WORKING ON MY THIRD, SO PARENTS BEWARE BEFORE YOU ENROLL YOUR CHILDREN AT THIS SCHOOL SPECIALLY IF YOUR CHILD IS SPECIAL NEEDS OR HAVE LEARNING PROBLEMS MC WHORTER DOES NOT CARE TO EDUCATE THESE KIDS, ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THE PRICE TAG THEY COME WITH AND STUDENTS ARE WAREHOUSED FOR THE YR.MISD IS LONG OVER DUE FOR AN AUDIT ASAP!

It s very important to me where my kids attend school and I always worry in the beginning, but my daughters 3rd grade teacher isn t just a TEACHER she really cares about her student s individual needs and does more than enough to help the students that need the extra push. I would like to thank my daughter s teacher Mrs. Sauter she has really did above and beyond for my daughter. And the front desk staff is awesome, very sweet people, they try their best to get to know and speak to all the parents every chance they can get. The teachers and staff at Mcwhorter are some hard working staff that REALLY actually care about these kid s needs. Thanks so much Mcwhorter!

Last modified Mcwhorter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.