Mcwhorter Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2014
McWhorter Elementary School in Mesquite,Tx is were my child attend. I do have to agree with the review from Oct 2013, bullying at the school isn't addressed. They down play it and try to convince the parent no bullying has taken place and their child is the blame. They ask that you teach your child to not hit back but to inform an adult of a situation before it escalates. When the child does that, they are bullied by the adult and self esteem lowered. If the parent call and make complaints regarding the issue the child is retailated against. McWhorter shouldn't be receiving any government funding at all. My son has a disablity and he is being discriminated against. I feel that the Principal's and Teachers need to all go back through training. How can they expect respect from parents regarding their students when they can't be trusted.

Mcwhorter Elementary School 2

Posted October 15, 2013
I must say as wellin addition to the lack of being where they should academically for each grade, bullying in that school is disregarded like it never happened. My 9 year old son wont stand for that, he has been sticking up for countless students with out any help from Staff Members at McWhorter. As well as a disregard to bullying, lack of enough academics, McWhorter is SOOO FAR BEHIND. I made some phone calls to other parents, co workers, friends, etc and my son's class who is in 4th grade is doing 2nd grade work. Why? They are in 4th grade.....

Mcwhorter Elementary School 1

Posted June 11, 2012
WORST SCHOOL I REMOVED MY KIDS BEFORE THE SCHOOL YR. WAS OVER.. POOR QUALITY OF EDUCATION,TEACHERS.AND PRINCIPLE. I FIELD TWO STATE COMPLAINTS AGAINST MC WHORTER & WORKING ON MY THIRD, SO PARENTS BEWARE BEFORE YOU ENROLL YOUR CHILDREN AT THIS SCHOOL SPECIALLY IF YOUR CHILD IS SPECIAL NEEDS OR HAVE LEARNING PROBLEMS MC WHORTER DOES NOT CARE TO EDUCATE THESE KIDS, ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THE PRICE TAG THEY COME WITH AND STUDENTS ARE WAREHOUSED FOR THE YR.MISD IS LONG OVER DUE FOR AN AUDIT ASAP!

Mcwhorter Elementary School 3

Posted March 01, 2012
It s very important to me where my kids attend school and I always worry in the beginning, but my daughters 3rd grade teacher isn t just a TEACHER she really cares about her student s individual needs and does more than enough to help the students that need the extra push. I would like to thank my daughter s teacher Mrs. Sauter she has really did above and beyond for my daughter. And the front desk staff is awesome, very sweet people, they try their best to get to know and speak to all the parents every chance they can get. The teachers and staff at Mcwhorter are some hard working staff that REALLY actually care about these kid s needs. Thanks so much Mcwhorter!

Mcwhorter Elementary School 5

Posted January 03, 2012
Great school with excellent teachers and my kids love it. They have really have a challenging academic program. They do lot of extras for kids.

Mcwhorter Elementary School 2

Posted May 16, 2010
I'm dissatisfied with this school. As a previous student, I would say that they didn't handle bullying situations well at all. They more or less temporarily fixed the issue I had with a student and didn't focus on the fact that, after the fact, I was being tormented by her friends. The curriculum standards weren't quite up to par. I felt the assignments were too much of a cakewalk and I wasn't challenged (in a good way) at all. Most of the time it was review and I felt that my peers were keeping me from learning. The teachers themselves were okay. I believe they were trying, but they didn't really handle the situations with bullying or fixing a class problem all that well. That being said, I'm glad that I've completed my time there and that I'm in a middle school away from my old classmates.

Mcwhorter Elementary School 5

Posted June 15, 2009
Amazing wonderful School the student to teacher ratio is not great but doable. and they handle it well.

Mcwhorter Elementary School 4

Posted May 03, 2006
I have a 6th and 4th grader@McWhorter and the teachers that they have both had in the past up until are not just qualified to teach but are very caring and show a lot of concern and committment to their students.Thanks Mrs. Carrol and Suzanne Watson.

Mcwhorter Elementary School 4

Posted January 11, 2006
I would like to say that I have 2 daughters. One that is in the 2nd grade and one in the 4th grade that are both attending McWhorter Elementary for 2 years now. That is a wonderful district and a great school. They have some really caring teachers that are there to help the children grow and learn and they are not just there to get a paycheck. I like the school so that we have been talking about moving and haven't yet due to the fact that we dont want to take our children out of McWhorter Elementary. I have a son that turned 4 in December and he will also be attending there soon. It is a great place and has a wonderful new look because of the new facility.

Mcwhorter Elementary School 3

Posted June 21, 2005

Mcwhorter Elementary School
1700 Hickory Tree Road, Mesquite, TX  75149
Last modified Mcwhorter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcwhorter Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top