Mesquite, TX

Rutherford Elementary School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
I have three children and all have attended Rutherford Elementary. Teachers and principal are the most caring and awesome educators I have known. My kids truly enjoy this school and get up every morning with a smile on their face!

Posted October 08, 2009
The teachers and staff at this school really seem to not only love their jobs but the students.The way they teach is not biased on race,religion, or any persons ideology. I am a Christian as are my children, But I have not seen our faith nor any other faith be lifted above another. Nor do I see them trying to push the evolution myth on our children. They do teach on some of these things but its taught from a point of view allowing the children to be objective. I have two children currently at this school one in Kindergarten and the other in first grade. I had a step son that went there from kindergarten to fifth grade. When he was falling behind and not doing well in School the teachers took the extra time to help him get caught up.I am very greatful for the committment to education.

Posted April 30, 2009
Rutherford is a great school. And the teachers care about their students, I have not meet a teacher up there yet that has wanted the best education for their class. As for the disciplinary issue, the Vice Principal changed this year and she has improved on some of the old procedures. The classes are big, but they Teachers allow parents to come in and volunteer to do activiteis w/ the class so that they can step out w/ the children that need help in cetain areas. One 1st grade teacher had a student that did not even no her alphabet when she begin and now she can read a level 1 reader book. She wanted to see her achieve greatness, and now this girl smiles ear ro ear and eagerly reads to you. Trust me this is a school that cares about education ! Oh and the Libriarian is amazing !!

Rutherford Elementary School 4

Posted January 13, 2008
Rutherford is a good school. It has had a record of being a recognized campus for the last 4 out of 5 years. I have 2 kids attending right now, one in 3rd grade and one in kindergarten and have been very pleased with each and every teacher they have had at Rutherford. As a parent, you do need to be involved and interact/communicate with the teachers to achieve the best results in the educational development of your child.

Rutherford Elementary School 2

Posted January 08, 2008
Like any school, their are good teachers and the not-so-great. I had both at Rutherford for my kids. I think 2 of the major issues are that the classes are to big, my sons class has 26 kids and when he needs special attention in a certain subject he is not able to get it. And that has brought his confidence in himself down. And also when you have an issue with a teacher it becomes a game of politics.

Posted August 05, 2004
My son attended Rutherford for 5 years and I must say that I am very pleased with the teachers and the quality of education he received. The staff makes you feel welcome and the teachers all communicated well with me. The principal is very approachable and discipline was just and fair.

Rutherford Elementary School 2

Posted December 01, 2003
Disciplinary rules at this school are horrific and almost barbaric. Upon closer inquisitiveness, it is found that the principal has the final ruling, not the school district. How sad for our kids that they cannot be kids.

Rutherford Elementary School
1607 Sierra Drive, Mesquite, TX  75149
Last modified Rutherford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rutherford Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top