Mesquite, TX

Posted June 19, 2014
The bulling and the fights are really bad at this school the principal is worth nothing. My child told me that the teachers were on their cell phones a lot and she also heard a teacher curse. The communication is also bad with the teachers and the principal. They will not return your phone calls. I am pulling my child out for 2014/2015 school year. What happen to the good teachers in mesquite, they use to have some of the best teachers. Mesquite has really gone down hill.

Posted August 02, 2013
My Son has being going to tisigner for 3 years now. It seems that it is getting worse. Bulling is a big issue most kids walk home alone. No parental guidence. I have now relocated and thankfully my son will be attending another school with better ratings and more than anything an actual education. Had issues with teh Cafeteria Employees being rude to kids no wonder they have 1 day only a month when you can visit your child for lunch. So no parents will see the way their child is treated. As for teh principal and asst principal both previous and recent. They clearly come from an uneducated backgrounf/ field where it is normal to act teh way they do. with no worries to address issues with kids. My son is a Straight A honor roll student and was bullied by other kids because of that. How rediculous!

Posted August 03, 2012
Two of my children have gone to this school and I pulled them out of there as fast as I could. The principal is not worth a penny. She tried to say it was my child's fault that she was getting bullied. Not to mention that their "beloved" Ms Carpenter gave me the finger when we were at a stop light next to her. No wonder 95% the kids in that school are punks. Every time a parent came up to that school to complain, Carpenter would call the police on them. I guess she was afraid of getting beat up by a concerned parent.

Posted April 03, 2009
I can not say enough about Mrs Carpenter, she goes beyond the call of duty as she is always putting her students and faculty first. She is the greatest

Tisinger Elementary School 3

Posted May 17, 2008
The teachers are wonderful to work with. Mrs. Carpenter is very hard to work for & is very hard to know if you are doing a good job. If you think you are doing a great job, she doesn't go out of her way to let you know. She does care about the students a lot.

Posted April 15, 2008
I have three children at Tisinger, one with a disabilty. I have had nothing but the best for them. Ms.Carpenter is an exceptioanl principle and the teaching staff is wonderful. Great thanks to Ms. Hayes and Ms. Nelson for all their help.

Posted March 24, 2008
I have 3 children and 2 are going to middle school next year and I have not had any problems. The teachers are great and Mrs. Carpenter is the best.I love this school.

Tisinger Elementary School 5

Posted June 03, 2007
All three of my children have attended Tisinger since kindergarten.Two are in 5th and the other is in 2nd and it has been the best school.I was very nervous about putting my kids in a public school, but the teacher are great and the principal is awesome.

Tisinger Elementary School 4

Posted June 05, 2006
Tisinger is a wonderful school with great support. It is in an economically disadvantaged area, and parental support is difficult to find.

Tisinger Elementary School 5

Posted January 10, 2006
Both of my boys have gone to Tisinger since they were in Kindergarten. Mrs. Carpenter became the principal during our 2nd year. She is extermly kind and knows my children by name. She is a great example of a leader. She works well with the teachers to make sure that they have what they need in order to teach and bring out the best in the students. We have gone from a mediocre school to a recognized school under her leadership. I am very proud to say that my children have attended Tisinger.

1701 Hillcrest Street, Mesquite, TX  75149
Last modified Tisinger Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tisinger Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top