Bad
Good

Posted June 15, 2010
My son will be a Senior this fall. He has a great foundation to start college with the AP classes he has been offered. The school encourages extra activites and has something for everyone. I have two more kids to follow, so I hope they keep up the good work.

Posted February 25, 2010
My son is a senior who plays football and runs track for the school. The AP and Honors classes are EXCELLENT and my son has received NUMEROUS offers to further his education beyond high school. As others have stated, there are quite a few outdated policies which conflict with the new culture of the student population, but otherwise this school has improved tremendously over the past 4 to 5 years.

West Mesquite High School

Posted February 23, 2010
I went to west and I am now a freshmen in college, the honors and ap classes that i took was a great foundation for me. I believe that the high school experience has everything to do with what you put into it. At times I felt that some policies were to strict but overall it was a good experience.

Posted August 16, 2006
The parents definitely need to be more involved. Girls athletics have very poor attendance, especially. I believe the uniforms make it more easier for the kids to fit in, because it's hard to tell your financial status with uniforms. Overall, the school is acceptable.

Posted May 16, 2006
The school is pretty good. I all depends on the student.

West Mesquite High School 4

Posted June 26, 2005
This school is a good school. The teachers seem to be very involved with the students. I have not had any problems with the school.

Posted September 25, 2004
I am mostly concerned with academics. I have 2 children that attend West Mesquite which has an exemplary rating with an average class size and teachers that do seem to care. Policies seem a little strict but they do have a 98% attendence so, overall I am pleased.

Posted May 13, 2004
I am pleased with the school overall. There are some teachers that are there for the students and it shows. The JROTC program is wonderful and has help 3 of my kids. The staff really care about the kids and their needs.

West Mesquite High School 4

Posted April 26, 2004
I am pleased with school overall, teachers do seem to care about kids. My kids are getting a good foundation for college. I am not happy with the athletic program. It is poor. West has some great kids with bright futures in front of them. We need to focus on getting the parents involved.

West Mesquite High School
2500 Memorial Boulevard, Mesquite, TX  75149
Last modified West Mesquite High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.