Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No I do not ! My son was harassed and the staff was made aware of the situation nothing was done . My son was stressed about going to school and have to feel afraid of going there .

Students are not. Accountable for their actions , a lot of students are harassed . Teachers are not aware or don't care

I love the staff and students at Wilkinson! The staff truly cares about their students in and outside of school!

Terrible school, the staff is terrible and they do nothing about bullying. Some of the teachers are actually bullying children verbally while nothing is done at all. If you value your child's self esteem and respect for authority. Don't go to this school!!

Cant control bullying problems until something actually happens and they blame the kid that has been bullyed

This is one of the worst schools in Texas. The teachers and staff are constantly harrasing the children about their appearance. Good kids that go to school everyday and make good grades are harrassed on a daily basis about their clothing. Are they going to school to learn or for a fashion show? When the kids try to go to the teachers for help with their work or for help with other peers bothering them they are blown off. When you try to adress an issue with the principal Ms. Nelson she avoids you and totally designates the issue to one of the assistant principals. But, she will be the first to yell and scream at the children and threaten them for no reason. if you have any other option for schools in Mesquite go to a different school because my child comes home crying all the time because of the way she's treated by certain staff at this school. There are a few good , hardworking teachers that care at Wilkinson but unfortunately the bad ones out number them.

The new administration started off decent (for one year), and then gave up completely. Admin is more concerned with fitting in with the low standards of some of the students than attempting to correct the glaring issues that are actually dangerous for students. Students run the facility. The teachers that are concerned with ethics and guiding our future are too frightened to speak up. Two parking areas have been closed off, which has caused a ridiculous and perilous situation after school. Sixth graders are confined to the portables, walking from class to class in the elements, not allowed to bring coats or umbrellas. At the graduation ceremony last year, the leader of the school encouraged students to come to her in lieu of their parents when in trouble. She also has cursed over the loud speaker where the student body could hear her. This is a Title I school, that has a newly renovated teachers' lounge.

There are alot of great things happening at Wilkinson. The new administration has realy cleaned house and made school enjoyable again for my child and others. The past year and a half have been wonderful. I know the staff works hard every day and even on weekends for our children. If you have not heard it lately, we appreciate ALL that you do for our kids. You will not make every body happy. My child loves school again and is not afraid to walk home. His principal walks them almost home everyday. What other middle school principal does that? She loves our kids, the staff loves our kids and that is what matters most. Thank you.

I taught at Wilkinson Middle School for 27 years and have seen many changes. I gave my best years and know that although I haven't been there for 13 years young people may change in looks or skin color or last nanes but they are still hungry for someone to care about them and to show them the best of life. Now my daughter teaches there and she strives to help young people see their potential as I strove to do for so long. this school could certainly use the recognition and of course the money.

I really appreciate the staff at Wilkinson, I have had 3 of my children to attend and I must say that their teachers keep me involved and they stay in contact with the parents.I have had a few problems with the staff as for as MINOR dress code problems,but we worked those out and now we are focused on ACADEMICS... Let's go Wildcats

Last modified Wilkinson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.