Posted August 20, 2014
I would give this school zero stars. My child was in kindergarten and this teacher did not want to take the time to teach my child. So she sat my child in the corner, facing the wall, and so my child could not see the board to learn. The teacher also never informed us of this. So when we showed up to kindergarten graduation we were shocked. Overall an unpleasant experience and we wont be back next year. I would think we want kids to stay in school and not discourage kids at such a young age.

Posted March 04, 2012
This place is wacky. Everyday my daughter bring home some type of conduct report, saying she was talking, or being disruptive, here recently she and another kid were passing notes, trying not to talk and yet got cited. Those teachers are too petty and need to take culture diversity classes, or something. Top-administrators aren't moved by horrible stats on schools in MISD as they seek to deal with childrens of color. MISD harasses minorities students all the time, and Shaw isn't any difference. My daughter is a straight A-B student, but she hates going there because she fear her teacher. Check out this website!! exposed.wordpress.com/2010/05/17/shocking-stats-on-how-mesquite-isd-treats-students/

Shaw Elementary School 5

Posted October 25, 2011
This is an excellent school. I went there as a child and so did my son. This school is the best your going to get with out moving to Plano which brings another type of problems. The school is tough in education. They expect your children to learn. I see others getting upset about the office people getting mad about strangers in the hallway, I think that I would be up set if they didn't. Yes they are about the testing but most schools are, but they also promote good grades as well. My youngest will be attending this school as well in a few years. I hope that he does fear the principal a bit it will keep him out of trouble. My oldest was dyslexic and it took the teachers here about 3 weeks to figure it out when no other school could. Plus my oldest son had really bad speech problems and they worked with him a lot. Major improvement in one year. You really can't go wrong here.

Posted October 29, 2010
i am new to this school. although it is early in the school year, i am extremely disappointed in this school. my child came home during the 2nd/3rd week of school and said the PE coach got mad one day, threw his hands up in the air, said he was done and walked out of the gym leaving the kids there by themselves. my child's reading and handwriting have completely regressed and she says she forgets how to do things she could over the summer. i my nights working very hard with her to improve but yet she gets frustrated and tells me she cant do things and doesn't remember. i have spoken to the teacher several times but she says this is normal and kids forget over the summer. at this point, she should be back on track. i am extremely frustrated!

Posted August 22, 2010
I went to Visit a teacher to help her on teacher work day. I was in the work room when I was approached by the AP, which I didn't know it was the AP. In an impolite manner she asked who am I and who am I helping? She stated that she can't have strange people walking around the building because it scares people. I told her who I was with and she stormed out yelling that teacher's name. The AP gave a public scolding to the teacher stating that her helpers should be with her at all times which I think she could have done in a professional manner. Although there were other helpers in the work room who were unaccompanied and nothing was said to them. The teacher pointed out the inconsistency to the AP and the AP replied "don t call me out on that!" and walked off rolling her eyes and stating that she can t stand her, referring to the teacher which was totally unprofessional from an educational leader.

Shaw Elementary School 0

Posted August 26, 2008
I have two daughters that attend Shaw. I am very please with this school. The Staff is careing & friendly. One of my Daughter is in Speech and Special Ed. The Teachers are excellent with helping her overcome her learning disabilities. I am have happy with the curriculum Shaw have provided for both of my kids.

Shaw Elementary School 5

Posted July 23, 2007

Shaw Elementary School 4

Posted January 10, 2006
Despite the shortage of educational resources and financial resources which affects the availability of extra curricular activities the teachers are very caring and dedicated ,also teacher to student ratio is smaller compared to the bigger wealthier school disricts. The teachers involvement in the students academic progress makes this a good school.

Shaw Elementary School 2

Posted December 13, 2005
Very few extracurricular activities. School promotes TAKS testing rather than learning.

Shaw Elementary School 2

Posted July 11, 2004
Shaw Elementary has a principal that even the teachers are scared of and an assistant principal that is as bad if not worse.

Shaw Elementary School
707 Purple Sage Trail, Mesquite, TX  75149
Last modified Shaw Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shaw Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top