Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

All three of my children have attended this school, I wish that I could afford a different school. The teachers are ok, but the principle is horrible!!! She only cares about ratings not the students. She is rude to the teachers. My son came home crying and refused to go back, I had to homeschool him until middle school. They do not promote art at all, my daughter was upset that she doesn't get to attend art in first and second grade.

In this school never never organized right now is about to finish school and I think is the only school who doesn't know when is graduation dates ? Almost two weeks to end the school year I now a lot of people are asking and the principle she doesn't care about it how hard is to pick a day and time for graduations and go from there My husband works out the city and he needs to ask permission to come for his daughter graduation with time and now they don't know . I came and talk with the principal and she send someone to tell me she is busy ?

I would give this school zero stars. My child was in kindergarten and this teacher did not want to take the time to teach my child. So she sat my child in the corner, facing the wall, and so my child could not see the board to learn. The teacher also never informed us of this. So when we showed up to kindergarten graduation we were shocked. Overall an unpleasant experience and we wont be back next year. I would think we want kids to stay in school and not discourage kids at such a young age.

This place is wacky. Everyday my daughter bring home some type of conduct report, saying she was talking, or being disruptive, here recently she and another kid were passing notes, trying not to talk and yet got cited. Those teachers are too petty and need to take culture diversity classes, or something. Top-administrators aren't moved by horrible stats on schools in MISD as they seek to deal with childrens of color. MISD harasses minorities students all the time, and Shaw isn't any difference. My daughter is a straight A-B student, but she hates going there because she fear her teacher. Check out this website!! exposed.wordpress.com/2010/05/17/shocking-stats-on-how-mesquite-isd-treats-students/

This is an excellent school. I went there as a child and so did my son. This school is the best your going to get with out moving to Plano which brings another type of problems. The school is tough in education. They expect your children to learn. I see others getting upset about the office people getting mad about strangers in the hallway, I think that I would be up set if they didn't. Yes they are about the testing but most schools are, but they also promote good grades as well. My youngest will be attending this school as well in a few years. I hope that he does fear the principal a bit it will keep him out of trouble. My oldest was dyslexic and it took the teachers here about 3 weeks to figure it out when no other school could. Plus my oldest son had really bad speech problems and they worked with him a lot. Major improvement in one year. You really can't go wrong here.

i am new to this school. although it is early in the school year, i am extremely disappointed in this school. my child came home during the 2nd/3rd week of school and said the PE coach got mad one day, threw his hands up in the air, said he was done and walked out of the gym leaving the kids there by themselves. my child's reading and handwriting have completely regressed and she says she forgets how to do things she could over the summer. i my nights working very hard with her to improve but yet she gets frustrated and tells me she cant do things and doesn't remember. i have spoken to the teacher several times but she says this is normal and kids forget over the summer. at this point, she should be back on track. i am extremely frustrated!

I went to Visit a teacher to help her on teacher work day. I was in the work room when I was approached by the AP, which I didn't know it was the AP. In an impolite manner she asked who am I and who am I helping? She stated that she can't have strange people walking around the building because it scares people. I told her who I was with and she stormed out yelling that teacher's name. The AP gave a public scolding to the teacher stating that her helpers should be with her at all times which I think she could have done in a professional manner. Although there were other helpers in the work room who were unaccompanied and nothing was said to them. The teacher pointed out the inconsistency to the AP and the AP replied "don t call me out on that!" and walked off rolling her eyes and stating that she can t stand her, referring to the teacher which was totally unprofessional from an educational leader.

I have two daughters that attend Shaw. I am very please with this school. The Staff is careing & friendly. One of my Daughter is in Speech and Special Ed. The Teachers are excellent with helping her overcome her learning disabilities. I am have happy with the curriculum Shaw have provided for both of my kids.

Last modified Shaw Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.