Bad
Good

I have 3 kids that attended Poteet and two just graduated. This school is great, my kids enjoyed it. They have all been involved in band. No school is perfect but I'm glad we chose Poteet because the teachers and principals have been great .

I would recommend any parent send your kids to Poteet high school the best school in Mesquite they are excellent teachers and the administration Mrs.John

Excellent JROTC program. I love how the parents are involved and Col. Jokem and Sgt. Mjr. Kermode are the best of the best. Any parent that has a child wanting into ROTC run don't walk but run to the ROTC room! They are not recruiters they are just teaching a basic knowledge of a working military and ethics that will stay with you for life!

The teachers, the band, the tennis coach, the administration and the kids are a great group.......really care!!

Teachers in Poteet really care about their students, They helped my son and gave him a 100% of care and attention. We will always be grateful to staff and administration.

In 2004 I graduated from Poteet, at the time I could not stand there strict rules, 'mean' principle, etc, I'm thankful to have had such an involved staff of teachers whom's main concern was the student and graduating, I did excellent on my tests, good grades, not to mention was able to overcome a lot of teenage deppression with the help of one on one time with the counselor there. I love Poteet, I recently paid a visit and am happy to see the same familiar faces there.

Both of my boys attend this school. As far as the staff teachers, administrators, coaches, special Ed, and nurse this is the best school I could think of for my boys to be there. They are very helpful in every need of my two boys. They are very willing and concerned when it comes to the education of the kids. The only down fall I see is the Dress COde (lack there of). My son received a detention for his shirt tail being out. (Which is fine) However, they need to make sure this applies to everyone not picking someone out. I see many students with their shorts hanging over there rear ends. Shirts not in and girls wearing horrible tops. If you are going to have a dress code then by all means stick to it!

Awesome school. Great kids, good teachers, good administration, and great extracurricular activities. One of the best in north texas.

I am a parent of a student at Poteet High School and a former student myself. This is the best high school in Mesquite by far and did a great job of preparing me for college. The academics, athletics, band, and discipline at Poteet are great. The only negative thing I would say about the school is that the Pleasant Grove move in students from Dallas are hurting the academics and discipline slightly. The teachers, coaches, and administration is excellent.

I have two that have gone through the halls of Poteet High School. They received a wonderful education and where more than prepared for the college life that follow due to the prepared teachers that taught them each day.

Last modified Poteet High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.