Posted January 14, 2010
Excellent JROTC program. I love how the parents are involved and Col. Jokem and Sgt. Mjr. Kermode are the best of the best. Any parent that has a child wanting into ROTC run don't walk but run to the ROTC room! They are not recruiters they are just teaching a basic knowledge of a working military and ethics that will stay with you for life!

Posted October 03, 2009
The teachers, the band, the tennis coach, the administration and the kids are a great group.......really care!!

Posted September 16, 2009
Teachers in Poteet really care about their students, They helped my son and gave him a 100% of care and attention. We will always be grateful to staff and administration.

Posted May 31, 2009
In 2004 I graduated from Poteet, at the time I could not stand there strict rules, 'mean' principle, etc, I'm thankful to have had such an involved staff of teachers whom's main concern was the student and graduating, I did excellent on my tests, good grades, not to mention was able to overcome a lot of teenage deppression with the help of one on one time with the counselor there. I love Poteet, I recently paid a visit and am happy to see the same familiar faces there.

Posted April 07, 2009
Both of my boys attend this school. As far as the staff teachers, administrators, coaches, special Ed, and nurse this is the best school I could think of for my boys to be there. They are very helpful in every need of my two boys. They are very willing and concerned when it comes to the education of the kids. The only down fall I see is the Dress COde (lack there of). My son received a detention for his shirt tail being out. (Which is fine) However, they need to make sure this applies to everyone not picking someone out. I see many students with their shorts hanging over there rear ends. Shirts not in and girls wearing horrible tops. If you are going to have a dress code then by all means stick to it!

Posted February 29, 2008
Awesome school. Great kids, good teachers, good administration, and great extracurricular activities. One of the best in north texas.

Posted January 15, 2008
I am a parent of a student at Poteet High School and a former student myself. This is the best high school in Mesquite by far and did a great job of preparing me for college. The academics, athletics, band, and discipline at Poteet are great. The only negative thing I would say about the school is that the Pleasant Grove move in students from Dallas are hurting the academics and discipline slightly. The teachers, coaches, and administration is excellent.

Posted August 16, 2007
I have two that have gone through the halls of Poteet High School. They received a wonderful education and where more than prepared for the college life that follow due to the prepared teachers that taught them each day.

Posted July 02, 2007
My son has just completed his freshman year at Poteet. I was very pleased with the faculty and administrative staff. They exercise a zero tolerance policy in reference to the district policy and I enjoyed sending my son to a school where I felt he was safe and had to look like a student every day.

Posted June 10, 2007
My dtr. just completed 9th grade at Poteet. We have been very pleased and it is by far the best school in Mesquite. First semester my dtr. tried juggling band and sports. The band director was great about splitting practice time with her sports (but this was state year for band). However, the freshman girls coach was terrible. He would get angry when she would have to leave for band. 2cd semester we dropped sports completely! Overall, Poteet is wonderful and I would recommend it to everyone.

Poteet High School
3300 Poteet Drive, Mesquite, TX  75150
Last modified Poteet High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Poteet High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top