Cannaday Elementary School 1

Posted June 12, 2014
So many things wrong, where to begin. The teachers are unsupervised, rude, unprofessional. I've had to speak with the principal on several occasions, receiving little to no feedback or results. Nothing changes. The principal refuses to validate any of my concerns, not wanting to take any responsibility for her teachers actions. I've written several emails to her and received only one response. Taking my daughter out of this joke of a school.

Cannaday Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2014
When my daughter started here I loved it. The staff and teachers were great, until she reached 3rd and the atmosphere changed totally. I caught teachers yelling at students, the cafeteria workers would talk down to the 1st graders till the point they were in tears. I informed the principal of what I have observed and nothing was done. The teachers are real young and dont have patients with students and in no means tried to offer assistance. On a few occassions my kids would tell me the teachers would be very upset with some students and due to that were afraid ask teachers for help. I don't feel a parent should worry about there child being mistreated or feel they are not learning enough. I have brought this to the school board.

Cannaday Elementary School 3

Posted February 02, 2013
My daughter is currently enrolled at this school, but I have to say that I am considering withdrawing her. She isn't being challenged here. Also, I have been trying to get her teacher to answer some questions for me, and she is refusing to respond to any emails or phone calls. Not acceptable.

Posted May 31, 2011
This was my son's Kindergarten year. At the beginning of the year with difficulty reading and writing. The Kindergarten teachers and aides were wonderful. Tutoring my son and providing tools to use at home. With much care, support, and encouragement son is at the reading, writing, and at a mathmatical level that will allow him to be successful in the 1st grade!! Very pleased with the staff and am looking forward to another year.

Posted September 15, 2009
Cannaday Elementary has wonderful teachers who work well with the parents as well as the students. My children love Cannaday. Our parents are very involved at Cannaday. We have been invited to volunteer at our school by our PTA and have been invited to lots of events and meetings over the last 6 years. This last year PTA sponsored a skating party, Fall Festival, Movie Night, Mulitcultural 'Taste of Cannaday', Winter Wonderland and Play Day to name a few of their events. Parents from all grade levels K-6 were asked to join the executive board and planning committees for all PTA events. What a breath of fresh air. This school and their PTA are great!

Cannaday Elementary School 4

Posted October 27, 2008
This is my daughters first yr here *kinder* and so far so good. McClendon is her teacher and she's very nice. The transistion from speech at a differnt school to this school seems to be going smoothly for my daughter. The only thing I dont like about this school is the PTA, it is very unorganized and be prepaired not to be included in the meetings.

Posted August 15, 2008

Cannaday Elementary School 2

Posted October 03, 2007

Cannaday Elementary School 3

Posted January 31, 2007

Posted May 30, 2006
This school is exceptional. From the curriculum to the teachers. I wish my child still lived in this area so that she could still attend Canaday.

Cannaday Elementary School
2701 Chisolm Trail, Mesquite, TX  75150
Last modified Cannaday Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cannaday Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top