Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

No positive reviews lately.. So I decided to give my review. Dear Faculty and Staff.. Thank you for all of your hard work you are doing with these kids. I moved here from Florida two years ago.. You made our transition very smooth. I love Thompson and My kids love to show their Thompson Pride. You guys make huge difference in our children lives. You make sure they know to make good choices and keep us well informed of everything our kids needs to be successful. My children came here a little behind now they are well above where they need to be. My 1st grader reads at least 4 to 5 books a week and my 4th grader enjoys making good choices. Thank Thompson for making my kids your Top Priority.

Administration is horrible. The principle needs to go.

I give the the school this rating because I had more than one child at this school (but not by choice we had to move). Each time I had an issue with anything reguarding a teacher, I had to speak to Assistant Principle Haynes. She show lack of interest in the needs of the student and more of an interest in pleasing the teachers. As a result, the teachers get away with many insulting remarks and bad behavior toward the students. However, bad teachers equals bad leaders....but there is a new principle and I hoping that she can make changes for the better. She seems to care for the students deeply

Develops character: Strongly disagree

teachers get together and discuss students in front of parents very disorganized school. My son has been horse collared by one of his teachers friend that is also a 3rd grade teacher, the school needs to be reconstructed from the principal and all the staff.

we just moved from Rutherford elementary to Thompson what a big mistake my son 3rd grade teacher screamed at him for 6 months as soon as I addressed the problem my son became the problem never been to the office in his life now all of a sudden he is the problem child, 3 months later his 3rd grade teacher announces she is leaving for the school year to have open heart surgery seems like she is not the only one needs it she need to take the principal and all the staff with her too all are rude and bias.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No discipline and the needs of students go unmet. The administration does not back teachers and staff. The are scared and lack the ability to make difficult sound and strong decisions.

This school has many outstanding teachers and facalty,however with that said,the the administration ( Principle and Assistant principle) have allowed the school to turn upside down and out of control. I have had two children attend Thompson and the school has dramatically changed. The principles do not disciple the children or stand behind their teachers which has created an over all stressful environment for the children and staff. This is not a good used of our tax dollars and we should demand a betterleadership of our school.

Have been with this school for 7 years now and I think the teachers are great! I have NEVER had a problem with any teachers, principals or staff. Everyone is very personable and welcoming. If you have a problem or concern they want to know so they can fix it. This year they have a new principal which came from the middle school and I believe she is going to make a positive improvement with they kids, and the school! MISD has great schools with great teachers but its the kids who attend. Thompson is a great school, but If you have any class or want your kids to go to school with well brought up and taught kids move before they get to 6th grade and go to terry. Just saying.

My children attend this school and so far, we have been quite impressed. I feel that my children are learning in a safe and positive environment. The teachers my children have had there at Thompson, in my opinion, have been exceptional. My kids are excelling and I'm happy that Thompson has improved their TEA rating to "recognized."

Let me start by saying we kept my son in private school through first grade mainly based on the reviews from this site. However, we enrolled my oldest in second and third grade and enrolled my kindergartener this year. We have really been pleasantly surprised. This school is very....what I like to call "structured". Honestly, a little overboard maybe, but with the kids they deal with, it is probably for the best. We have been blessed with great teachers who have improved their ratings and hopefully will continue to do so all the way to exemplary.

Last modified Thompson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.