Mesquite, TX

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 06, 2015
teachers get together and discuss students in front of parents very disorganized school. My son has been horse collared by one of his teachers friend that is also a 3rd grade teacher, the school needs to be reconstructed from the principal and all the staff.

Thompson Elementary School 1

Posted June 06, 2015
we just moved from Rutherford elementary to Thompson what a big mistake my son 3rd grade teacher screamed at him for 6 months as soon as I addressed the problem my son became the problem never been to the office in his life now all of a sudden he is the problem child, 3 months later his 3rd grade teacher announces she is leaving for the school year to have open heart surgery seems like she is not the only one needs it she need to take the principal and all the staff with her too all are rude and bias.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 21, 2015
No discipline and the needs of students go unmet. The administration does not back teachers and staff. The are scared and lack the ability to make difficult sound and strong decisions.

Posted May 21, 2015
This school has many outstanding teachers and facalty,however with that said,the the administration ( Principle and Assistant principle) have allowed the school to turn upside down and out of control. I have had two children attend Thompson and the school has dramatically changed. The principles do not disciple the children or stand behind their teachers which has created an over all stressful environment for the children and staff. This is not a good used of our tax dollars and we should demand a betterleadership of our school.

Thompson Elementary School 5

Posted September 11, 2013
Have been with this school for 7 years now and I think the teachers are great! I have NEVER had a problem with any teachers, principals or staff. Everyone is very personable and welcoming. If you have a problem or concern they want to know so they can fix it. This year they have a new principal which came from the middle school and I believe she is going to make a positive improvement with they kids, and the school! MISD has great schools with great teachers but its the kids who attend. Thompson is a great school, but If you have any class or want your kids to go to school with well brought up and taught kids move before they get to 6th grade and go to terry. Just saying.

Posted January 02, 2011
My children attend this school and so far, we have been quite impressed. I feel that my children are learning in a safe and positive environment. The teachers my children have had there at Thompson, in my opinion, have been exceptional. My kids are excelling and I'm happy that Thompson has improved their TEA rating to "recognized."

Posted October 10, 2010
Let me start by saying we kept my son in private school through first grade mainly based on the reviews from this site. However, we enrolled my oldest in second and third grade and enrolled my kindergartener this year. We have really been pleasantly surprised. This school is very....what I like to call "structured". Honestly, a little overboard maybe, but with the kids they deal with, it is probably for the best. We have been blessed with great teachers who have improved their ratings and hopefully will continue to do so all the way to exemplary.

Posted August 02, 2010
Horrible school. People like to blame the teachers, and Dr Murry, but the real blame lies with the parents that are raising the disrespectful and unruly children that attend this school. There is only so much a teacher can do with children that have not been taught respect or any good behavioral habits. Its really very sad for the well behaved and respectful students who have to witness desks being thrown and daily classroom tantrums. We moved away for better schools and my 3rd grader said to me "mom, we learn things faster at our new school" I said "how so?" "because we don't have to wait around for everyone to Finally understand". The well behaved children at this school are the minority. Section 8 ruined this school and neighborhood, sadly. A lot of good teachers but still some are really mean and rude.

Posted December 02, 2008
Wow, we think Thompson is a great school. Two of my children are in MTA program and they are doing better then ever before in school. Working together with my children's teachers and the Principal it has been a winning atmosphere. We also enjoy the events the PTA puts on. We loved the Family Movie Night.

Posted August 27, 2008
When we moved here, one of the main deciding factors was the fact the school had a Exemplary rating. It has gone down hill from there. They think that because is as an acceptable rating, that it all good. I want like to see them strive to get back to the exemplary and just accetable. The most emphasis is put on how get a passing grade on TAKS and not teaching the basics and how to use them in an everday living situation. I agree with the other comments about the prinicipal. To get help for my kids, I have had to work the assistant prinicpal.

2525 Helen Lane, Mesquite, TX  75181
Last modified Thompson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thompson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top