Mexia, TX

A B Mcbay Elementary School 1

Posted December 09, 2012
We started this school in the middle of a Fall season. At first we thought we would be happy with the school. It didnt take long before we discovered that the school did not meet our expectations. The staff could be rude and argumentative. It seemed as if they had a low tolerance with the children and the way they graded in conduct reflects their feelings.... I have since changed schools and am not having the same problems... McBay may serve some children with ease but the children with adjustment problems seem to be quickly labeled... I hope for the children's sake this school will be able to identify their problems and not just blame them on the families. Good luck Mexia!

A B Mcbay Elementary School 1

Posted May 23, 2011
I don't want to give this school any stars, I gave it one because I had to. I don't recommend this school to anyone. The teachers are the worse I have seen. The ESL students seem to exceed while the others fail since they aren't given the same attention as the esl students are. Do not send your child to this school if you are wanting them to excel and exceed (if they are not esl students)! Drive the distance to another town or school but it's not worth them going to this one!

A B Mcbay Elementary School 4

Posted August 28, 2005
I think the quality of academics really boils down how much the teacher is involved with the child whether he is having difficulty or is a whiz kid. The availability of extracurricular activities is very good at teh schools and the level of parent involvement is excellent. Every year it is the parents that get the operation graduation off to a good start or there would be a such thing for the seniors.

A B Mcbay Elementary School
P O Box 2000, Mexia, TX  76667
Last modified A B Mcbay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
A B Mcbay Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top