Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Emerson Elementary School 4

Posted January 01, 2016
Emerson is one of the best schools in Midland. Great teachers with great determination to make sure our kids are ready for the next grade level. The only concern I have is the principal. She's probably the rudest lady I've ever met, but I try to avoid her.

Emerson Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2015
My son was in kinder, and this was his first year here. I liked the fact that there is no uniform and that I can have lunch with my son because I came from a closed campus, but overall my experience was okay. My son did good, but I'm a working parent, and I missed some memos from the teacher. Overall the school drop off and pick up is horrible and the pick up is scary because kids just run off everywhere, even kindergarten, so I made sure I was always on time, other than that school is okay, the front office ladies are nice. My son also got bullied but the teacher took care of it right away.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted August 19, 2015
They don't get enough for kindergarten. My son got more at his other school and he learned a little more.

Emerson Elementary School 3

Posted May 08, 2015
I enrolled my child in Emerson for the 2014-2015 school year and I can't say it was the best or the worst. Most of the teachers stay connected to parents but I can't say that for all of them. The principal shows very little concern in student behavior but most staff and office ladies show a lot of compassion for the kids. If you asked me if you should take your child here, I'd simply say "maybe." It really depends on the parent.

Emerson Elementary School 5

Posted March 03, 2015
This is a great school!!! The teachers and and staff are wonderful!!! Strong PTA too!

Posted December 31, 2014
My child is a hispanic third grader and I've pulled her out of school because her teacher was constantly bullying her because she was a Mexican! I'll tell you what happened - my child's teacher & best friend were both Caucasian and everytime my child's so-called friend did something and the teacher knew it was her, my kid would be sent to the office and given immediate discipline! Her teacher would pull her out of class for something as simple as dropping her pencil then in the hall she would yell at my student saying that's not "exemplary behavior" over a stupid pencil! My child also remarked how instead of calling her by her name, her teacher would call her "Juanita" or "Mexican girl"! I got so fed up so I contacted the principals but they refused to do anything about it! They even said my child was a horrible example and were practically begging me to take her out! This is a terrible school!

Posted February 09, 2012
DISGUSTED!!!!! One word says it all, the administration the teachers and the kids behavior.I take pride in teaching my children, to treat others the way they want to be treated. These kids are are horrible, who is parenting them? My daughter has been bullied NON-STOP, and now that im threating to pull her out of the school, now they want to do something. The teachers dont act like they even want to be there, its more of just ther pay check. With a VERY small excep. of techers. I have meet with the principals over the bulling and for some reason the situation has not got any better its got worse! Now I have been a PTA president and in my personal opion this in one of the worst schools top to bottom regardless of its ratings. If you plan on sending your kids to this school, PLEASE take the reviews into consideration, I wish I had, because my daught is paying for it now.

Posted August 08, 2009
Emerson is a super school, every grade level prepares the student for sucess. I love the way every child is encouraged and praised; and yes it shows in thier Exemplatory status. The new pricipal Mrs. Baiza has done a super job.

Posted June 18, 2009
I am a parent and am very disappointed with the students and the administration at this school. My son has been consistently bullied, both physically and verbally, by a number of students. Each occurrence has been reported and subsequently ignored. The only interest in the staff and administration is ensuring the students pass the TAKS. I am to the point that I am withdrawing him from this school and placing him in a private school.

Posted April 30, 2009
I am a teacher myself and I find it very disconcerting that all they do at the school is get ready for TAKS and on a regular basis recess is taken from them. I made a formal complaint against the administration and a teacher after my son was suspended for not telling a child I'm sorry. This school needs training on how to effectively deal with and communicate with parents and children.

2800 Moss Avenue, Midland, TX  79705
Last modified Emerson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Emerson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top