Posted February 09, 2012
DISGUSTED!!!!! One word says it all, the administration the teachers and the kids behavior.I take pride in teaching my children, to treat others the way they want to be treated. These kids are are horrible, who is parenting them? My daughter has been bullied NON-STOP, and now that im threating to pull her out of the school, now they want to do something. The teachers dont act like they even want to be there, its more of just ther pay check. With a VERY small excep. of techers. I have meet with the principals over the bulling and for some reason the situation has not got any better its got worse! Now I have been a PTA president and in my personal opion this in one of the worst schools top to bottom regardless of its ratings. If you plan on sending your kids to this school, PLEASE take the reviews into consideration, I wish I had, because my daught is paying for it now.

Posted February 08, 2010

Emerson Elementary School 4

Posted October 21, 2009

Posted August 11, 2009

Emerson Elementary School 0

Posted August 08, 2009
Emerson is a super school, every grade level prepares the student for sucess. I love the way every child is encouraged and praised; and yes it shows in thier Exemplatory status. The new pricipal Mrs. Baiza has done a super job.

Posted June 18, 2009
I am a parent and am very disappointed with the students and the administration at this school. My son has been consistently bullied, both physically and verbally, by a number of students. Each occurrence has been reported and subsequently ignored. The only interest in the staff and administration is ensuring the students pass the TAKS. I am to the point that I am withdrawing him from this school and placing him in a private school.

Emerson Elementary School 0

Posted April 30, 2009
I am a teacher myself and I find it very disconcerting that all they do at the school is get ready for TAKS and on a regular basis recess is taken from them. I made a formal complaint against the administration and a teacher after my son was suspended for not telling a child I'm sorry. This school needs training on how to effectively deal with and communicate with parents and children.

Posted February 04, 2009
I was very disappointed with this school, considering the 'Recognized' rating and shocked that the principal recieved an award. My 2 children were enrolled for 6 weeks in Jan 2008 before I pulled them out and place them in private school. The teachers are burned out with no support from the admin. I spoke with the prinicipal concerning a substitue who was cussing and calling the children names and the principal told me that the sub would never mean to hurt any of the kids. Basically, she blew me off. There is very little positive reinforcement, recess is taken from the kids as a punishment for every little infraction. By the time the kids are in 6th grade it is a joke. When there isnt a sub, the kids are grouped with another class that has a teacher and watch cartoons. Hoping the new principal this year can change things.

Posted June 25, 2008

Posted June 02, 2008

Emerson Elementary School
2800 Moss Avenue, Midland, TX  79705
Last modified Emerson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Emerson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top