Bad
Good

To all the parents with having children that have been bullied at Jane Long Elementary, I know it's like to be bullied because I was a former student at Jane Long. It is true that most students would go to the school and it wouldn't matter to them. I know how your child feels. During the time I was at Jane Long my friends became my bullies, but I had one friend to help me through my depression. I had remembered every night where I would come home crying because I didn't have any friends. It still hurts to know that I had been bullied but I got through it eventually. Currently I'm a junior at Early College High School @ Midland College, and I have to say I couldn't be happier. Even though I was bullied it pushed me to be determined to be successful and now I have a bunch of friends that care about me as I do them. Do not fret parents, the bullying will stop someday but right now, when your child comes home from school crying about those bullies. Just be there for them, care for them, and tell them it will be alright. Hug them until there's no tomorrow, and give them a goodnight kiss. That way they will know that their lives are worth living and one day they will succeed and rise above. Sincerely, former Jane Long student

I am so upset with Long Elem. They never made any attempts to stop the constant bullying that made my child tell me she wanted to kill herself. This came as a shock since my daughter is usually happy and all smiles but ever since we came to this school she has been diagnosed with chronic depression and that is not good for a fifth grader. I sure hope you don't put your child here.

No, no, no! My child had to come here mid-year and the first two days were fine and then everything when downhill fast. The teachers and principal showed no care in my child and shut me out when I tried to complain about my child being bullied constantly! The kids and staff are terrible! Definitely a no-go.

Last modified Long Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.