Midland, TX

Greathouse Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2015
Horrible school. The staff are rude and the principal is an old hag who obviously hates children.

Posted February 18, 2015
This is an amazing school but my only problem is the principal. She makes no effort to contact parents, she is extremely rude not only to me but some parents I know said she is that way to them, and she does not care about bullying. Last year my child was a fourth grader and was bullied by a newer child and my kid reported telling the principal but she did not care. It was resolved when the teacher made sure no contact was made between the two.

Posted November 07, 2011
The teachers and staff are very friendly. The PTA is top notch and really works to make this a great school for the kids. My son loves it here! Would definitely recommend Greathouse to anyone.

Posted April 05, 2011
The teachers do a great job communicating with the parents. The PTA is very strong and does a lot to help provide extra educational opportunities for the students, as well as teacher appreciation events. I moved here a year ago from a state where the public schools may have more than 50 students per class next year due to budget shortfalls. So, overcrowding is a relative term, and Greathouse is not even close to approaching that type of overcrowding issue. I think you'll find the teachers and administration to be caring, kind, and welcoming. There's a special sense of belonging at Greathouse.

Greathouse Elementary School 3

Posted October 05, 2010
My child is in kindergarten this year and I am not impressed. This school is extremely overcrowded. School is very chaotic. Academic programs do not seem challenging....kindergarten students focus on one letter per week.

Posted July 27, 2009
This school is wonderful! The staff is very experienced and caring. New classrooms, computer lab, smart boards, and a very active PTA make Greathouse a great place to be! We have 2 children there and we love it!

Posted January 18, 2009
Class sizes in fifth grade are riduculously over-crowded. My child has had multiple problems with mild bully-type behavior from classmates and receives no help from teachers. The teachers are frazzled and ineffective. Not impressed with this 'highly-sought-after' school. I would recommend one of the other less crowded schools like Scharbauer or Fannin. Greathouse is extremely over-rated!

Posted July 04, 2008
A new principal began mid year. If possible things are even better. She has really made some great improvements!!

Posted May 09, 2008
as a parent the teachers staff is great!!! but the principal dosent care that much a bout the students or wats going inside the school building. all she cares about is how the students look and how we all present greathouse and it should be about grades and not how we represent......

Posted March 04, 2008
This is a very good school. my son likes this school but the teachers are very mean He says.

5107 Greathouse Avenue, Midland, TX  79707
Last modified Greathouse Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greathouse Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top