Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

This is our second year at Greathouse, and we have been extremely pleased with the administration and staff! The only issue we have really seen is with some of the parents at this school. They seem to be very entitled and get upset and blame the teachers when they don't get their way.

My child has been attending Greathouse since she was in Kindergarten. This will be the last year she's in elementary school. I have to say this school is average and that's all. There are some problems but they're usually resolved. But the thing that really ticks me off is how fast they switch principals. There's only been one principal that I ever had a problem with and that was Mrs. Galloway. If you asked me if you should send your kids here, I'd say if you had no other options, then go ahead.

The teachers and principal are very rude and talk behind parents back. My child's grades have fallen do to the staff not caring. Sad to say but the only staff members that have a clue is the janitors and cafeteria workers. Trying to get my child in another school. Have seen and been told that if you call them out they take it out on your child. Pretty sad to see where are tax money goes on these terrible Greathouse staff.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No comment. Have already placed a review and encourage other's to do the same. Thanks

This is the worst display of teaching that I have Ever seen. The teachers are unexperienced, unprepared & seem frazzled most of the time. My sons grades have always been consistent, but, since being a student at Greathouse the last 2 years, his grades have fallen. The teachers do not care when a child is behind. The bullying that goes on at this school FROM TEACHERS is insane! Teachers telling students to "shut up, I don't feel like hearing from you today." It's ridiculous! This school has gone through many principals and this year, she is no different! Definitely unprepared, rude and has no idea how to get this school in the shape it needs to be in. PTA is a joke, a bunch of bullying snobs who are just as bad as the teachers! This school is an unorganized mess. We will not be attending next year and warn any parents bringing a child in to this school.

Horrible school. The staff are rude and the principal is an old hag who obviously hates children.

This is an amazing school but my only problem is the principal. She makes no effort to contact parents, she is extremely rude not only to me but some parents I know said she is that way to them, and she does not care about bullying. Last year my child was a fourth grader and was bullied by a newer child and my kid reported telling the principal but she did not care. It was resolved when the teacher made sure no contact was made between the two.

The teachers and staff are very friendly. The PTA is top notch and really works to make this a great school for the kids. My son loves it here! Would definitely recommend Greathouse to anyone.

The teachers do a great job communicating with the parents. The PTA is very strong and does a lot to help provide extra educational opportunities for the students, as well as teacher appreciation events. I moved here a year ago from a state where the public schools may have more than 50 students per class next year due to budget shortfalls. So, overcrowding is a relative term, and Greathouse is not even close to approaching that type of overcrowding issue. I think you'll find the teachers and administration to be caring, kind, and welcoming. There's a special sense of belonging at Greathouse.

My child is in kindergarten this year and I am not impressed. This school is extremely overcrowded. School is very chaotic. Academic programs do not seem challenging....kindergarten students focus on one letter per week.

Last modified Greathouse Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.