Parker Elementary School

Public | PK-6 | 502 students

Posted July 2, 2013

I am so excited to start our second year at Parker Elementary. We transferred from another school where my daughter was constantly bullied by her teacher. She has learned so much at this school. I always was informed of what was going on at school. The staff and PTA are amazing. My daughter and I are very happy about our decision to come to Parker!

Posted July 2, 2013

Love Parker Elementary! Such a family environment with a living and active PTA as well as amazing staff & student body.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 2, 2013

I think this school is great! It has such an amazing staff and everyone is just so friendly!

Posted July 2, 2013

My children love Parker! They have such a great staff as well as PTA. I am always well informed of what is going on at the school as well as with my children. The teachers are great with each individual needs. I give this school 5-Stars!!

Posted July 1, 2013

I would like to respond to a review on this website. I have been the Parker PTA President for two years, and have always done my absolute best to be open and welcoming to all volunteers. I wish I could apologize to the parent who said that I did not greet them personally. I am horrified- this would be very out of character for me. So, if you read this, I am sorry. We are a group of highly dedicated volunteers, but we are still just a group of parents doing our very best to be an inviting, hard working PTA that helps bridge the gap between parents, teachers, and the students at Parker. We wish we could call every single parent individually but unfortunately handouts, signs on the marquee, call outs through our school's automated calling system, and posts on the PTA Facebook page are often the most we can do. I am grateful to all our volunteers, and hope that you and all of our parents will come to the school and be involved in their child's education, because I wholeheartedly agree that parent involvement is key to student success.

Posted July 1, 2013

As a parent that had my child at another MISD campus then transferred to Parker, I can not say enough good about this school. From the first day everyone was more than friendly to me. I attended PTA meetings and got involved right away. I felt like it was where we were meant to be. I also substitute teach on occassion and at Parker I have never heard a teacher complain about how unhappy they are. (this is common at other schools). I am so thankful we found Parker

Posted June 12, 2013

For the most part Parker isn't as bad as other school's horror stories I've heard. A few things do bother me though. I read a review about the PTA being a good one and to be honest, I'm not impressed. I signed up at the school to volunteer, I also joined the PTA, and I never received a call from them. I went and volunteered at the book fair and I felt ignored. The PTA president was there and she didn't even introduce herself. Also, the school does not notify the parents of everything that is going on at the school. I believe that parent involvement is key to the student's success, so if you want the students to succeed let the parents know whats going on. Instead of just sending flyers, that don't always make it to the parent's hands, why not give parents a heads up in the drop off/pick up lane before and after school. One more thing, no one smiles!!! With the exception of one very nice lady in the office, everyone, the teachers and staff, walk around with frowns on their faces, if they look like they don't want to be there imagine how the students feel. Like I said before, Parker is not a bad school, far from it, but it isn't one of the best in Midland, either.

Posted June 5, 2013

GARBAGE FOR SCHOOL ! TEACHERS AT THIS SCHOOL DONT CARE IF STUDENTS ARE FAILING OR PASSING . THEY DONT LET STUDENTS GO USE THE RESTROOM EVEN IF ITS AN EMERGENCY . IF A STUDENT IS BEING BULLIED HERE , THE TEACHERS INCLUDING THE PRINCIPAL ONLY LISTEN TO THE BULLY'S FRIENDS SIDE OF THE STORY AND GO ALONG WITH THAT . WICH MEANS NOTHING GETS DONE AND THE BULLYING CONTINUES. IF THE STUDENT DOESEN'T UNDERSTAND ITS SCHOOL WORK AND ASK THE TEACHERS FOR HELP .. THEY GET MAD AND TELLS THE STUDENT TO GO FIGURE IT OUT. WITH THAT BEING SAID , THE TEACHERS GET MAD AND GIVES STUDENTS DETENTION OUT IN THE HOT WEATHER. (HORRIBLE SCHOOL TO GO TO ) AND IF YOU WANT YOUR CHILD TO BE SUCCESFUL DON'T BRING THEM TO THIS SCHOOL.

Posted May 3, 2013

Parker Elementary is an amazing school with phenomenal teachers. Our most recent STAAR test scores have us ranked at the top of our school district. We have an amazing, active PTA who works diligently to get the school everything they need, and help enrich the student's school experience. In comparison to the other Midland schools, Parker is one of the smaller campuses, which I love. The most wonderful thing about Parker, though is our staff, administration, and teachers. They really care about the students. They encourage them to live up to their potential. They don't just "teach the test", they are all about truly educating our students. We have been at Parker for 3 years, and I am confident that my children are safe, cared for, and loved. Pareker is one of the best kept secrets in Midland.

Posted May 3, 2013

Parker is a great school! I My son is in the 2nd grade and I am greatful for the amazing teachers and staff at Parker!

Posted June 23, 2011

This is very, very horrible as a school! My student has been punished for forgetting her Straw and fork at Lunchtime! What, I thought Parker Elementary was a good school, Such waste of the beautiful Neighborhood.

Posted May 28, 2009

We moved from New Mexico and Parker Elementary was the school in our district. I must say, we really enjoyed Parker Elementary and have had no problems with discipline or teachers. We did however had one incident with our kindergarten student and another classmate of his, but I informed the teacher right away and it was taken care of. All of the staff has been very helpful and very nice. There is NO such thing as a perfect school and incidents will happen even at the best of schools. It just depends on how the parents react to it and if they stand up for what they believe is right.

Posted August 4, 2007

Teachers are ridiculous with punishment. What happened to fun recess?? Principal was complained to and nothing changed. This isn't supposed to be a military school...It's elementary enjoy the kids teachers. The district buses way too many students. Go to a private school if possible. Such a shame because parker elementary is in a great neighborhood.

Posted May 3, 2005

I was certainly disappointed to learn that the school does not have a computer lab. In light of this, the PTA attempted to fundraise money over the next couple of years to purchase computers for a lab. Great idea! However, the teachers said they didn't want a lab without a lab teacher, because they didn't want to be bothered with turning the machines on and off, and dealing with any problems that may arise. Couldn't there be a team effort, a schedule of the admistrators and/or staff, so that each of them only had to 'deal with it' only a few times each school year? Children definitely need computers in schools, and the children at Parker are no exception.

Posted October 20, 2004

I have recently been informed that certin teachers are now punishing students with timeout at recess for forgetting something like a straw or a fork in the lunch line! This is totally ridiculous! How many times can we say as adults and as educators that we have never in our lifetime forgotten something? This is not military school! I believe that we need to focus on academics, disipline punishment and reminders; not for forgetting a straw for heavens sake! This is getting way out of hand.

Posted May 18, 2004

This school has been a big disappointment. My son was threatend with bodly harm.The principal acted like no big deal and his teacher did the same. After it was all said and done my son's entire K class said the same thing. The man who did this was just transferd to another school. During the time he was on leave he was covering at other schools. None of the parents could get anyone to tell us what was going on. And when I said that parents could not get anyone to let us know what was going on, that is the parents who knew about it. The school did NOT tell the parents who's children didnt say anything happend. So there is only 6 parents that the school thinks knows of this. There is 20 or so kids in his class and every boy in there were told the same thing.

Posted January 6, 2004

The teachers at Parker seem to care whether their kids actually learn. The principal and assistant principal earn an A+ for comunnicating with the students. This school has a 'harder' curriculum than some in the Midland area. I like the fact that if a teacher is having a problem with your child or a concern they call and discuss it with you.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

40 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

40 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

48 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

51 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2011.

All Students90%

Not economically disadvantaged91%
Proficient in English92%
Non-migrant89%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

59 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

58 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

45 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

45 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

46 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 71% in 2013.

53 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

54 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

All Students75%

U.S. History

World Geography

World History

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".

Asian or Pacific Islander 4% 4%

• ANGIE ARON
Fax number
  • (432) 689-1843

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now