Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 26, 2016
Special education, especially Autism, can be very difficult....for everyone- teachers, parents, and especially the student! The teachers and staff at Parker have provided a tremendous amount of support and structure to fit my child's needs and help him be a successful member of a general Ed classroom! Parker is unique because they do have Autism Specialists on campus, and I am beyond grateful for the way that they have transformed the campus to be inclusion-friendly. Great school, great teachers, great specialists, great principals! 5 stars all around!!

Parker Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 26, 2016

Posted December 31, 2014
This is a really exceptional school! Deserves more than 5 stars! I have a child who goes here. She says some people bullied her but Mrs. Aron took care of it right away. Angie Aron is a great and hardworking staff member and she is always nice to my daughter and is quick to take action when any kid is in danger. -EB

Posted July 02, 2013
I am so excited to start our second year at Parker Elementary. We transferred from another school where my daughter was constantly bullied by her teacher. She has learned so much at this school. I always was informed of what was going on at school. The staff and PTA are amazing. My daughter and I are very happy about our decision to come to Parker!

Posted July 02, 2013
Love Parker Elementary! Such a family environment with a living and active PTA as well as amazing staff & student body.

Posted July 02, 2013
I think this school is great! It has such an amazing staff and everyone is just so friendly!

Posted July 02, 2013
My children love Parker! They have such a great staff as well as PTA. I am always well informed of what is going on at the school as well as with my children. The teachers are great with each individual needs. I give this school 5-Stars!!

Posted July 01, 2013
I would like to respond to a review on this website. I have been the Parker PTA President for two years, and have always done my absolute best to be open and welcoming to all volunteers. I wish I could apologize to the parent who said that I did not greet them personally. I am horrified- this would be very out of character for me. So, if you read this, I am sorry. We are a group of highly dedicated volunteers, but we are still just a group of parents doing our very best to be an inviting, hard working PTA that helps bridge the gap between parents, teachers, and the students at Parker. We wish we could call every single parent individually but unfortunately handouts, signs on the marquee, call outs through our school's automated calling system, and posts on the PTA Facebook page are often the most we can do. I am grateful to all our volunteers, and hope that you and all of our parents will come to the school and be involved in their child's education, because I wholeheartedly agree that parent involvement is key to student success.

Posted July 01, 2013
As a parent that had my child at another MISD campus then transferred to Parker, I can not say enough good about this school. From the first day everyone was more than friendly to me. I attended PTA meetings and got involved right away. I felt like it was where we were meant to be. I also substitute teach on occassion and at Parker I have never heard a teacher complain about how unhappy they are. (this is common at other schools). I am so thankful we found Parker

Parker Elementary School 3

Posted June 12, 2013
For the most part Parker isn't as bad as other school's horror stories I've heard. A few things do bother me though. I read a review about the PTA being a good one and to be honest, I'm not impressed. I signed up at the school to volunteer, I also joined the PTA, and I never received a call from them. I went and volunteered at the book fair and I felt ignored. The PTA president was there and she didn't even introduce herself. Also, the school does not notify the parents of everything that is going on at the school. I believe that parent involvement is key to the student's success, so if you want the students to succeed let the parents know whats going on. Instead of just sending flyers, that don't always make it to the parent's hands, why not give parents a heads up in the drop off/pick up lane before and after school. One more thing, no one smiles!!! With the exception of one very nice lady in the office, everyone, the teachers and staff, walk around with frowns on their faces, if they look like they don't want to be there imagine how the students feel. Like I said before, Parker is not a bad school, far from it, but it isn't one of the best in Midland, either.

Parker Elementary School
3800 Norwood Street, Midland, TX  79707
Last modified Parker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.