Bad
Good

Great school! My soon-to-be 1st grader loved Mrs. Jameson and she can't wait for next year! -A. Johnson

Great things are happening at Santa Rita! With a new principal this last year, the overall atmosphere has changed and is changing - more positive reinforcement for teachers and students! Every school has issues, and unfortunately a lot of them stem from the overall education system (state and local) - but even the local has changed for the better with the superintendent change a few years ago. I do think that lunch time needs to be more relaxed and let the kids have a little more leeway, and a few teachers should stop yelling or get a new job (luckily they weren't my student's teachers), but overall our experience has been positive!

We have had a wonderful experience here. The staff is friendly and helpful when a question arises. Our kindergarten teacher (miss. Jameson) has been great and has helped our young learner blossom! We look forward to next year! :*)

Recently moved here to Midland. My daughter loves school and is always excited to go. We were greeted nicely but as soon as she entered the class room, it became horrible. She was bullied everyday and nothing was done. Her teacher seemed to not care and constantly yelled at the students. Glad I pulled my daughter from this school.

I am a student here for 6 years kinder-5th and I have to say the teachers are nice. Some are just rude and don't really teach... But it was a good school it wasn't the best and it wasn't the worst. The things that annoyed me was the lunch room... the students don't have the choice to sit where they want. also if a parent brings lunch and they tell them to be quiet the parents have to! And one time the vice princeable thought that a parent was a student, (she was short) and begain to yell. anyway the good things are the classrooms were big,, it was safe, if a student neaded help they would help until they understood

THIS SCHOOL IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF AMAZING TEACHERS WASTED UNDERNEATH AN INCOMPETENT PRINCIPAL. UPSETS ME VERY MUCH TO SEE SO MUCH TALENT IN ONE SCHOOL AND NOT ABLE TO USE IT

The GS, rating of a 5 is, 'right on target'. The longer I search schools and experience them for myself the more I trust the GS ratings. This school lack's in personal commitment to individual children. The classroom ratio is also large. I found the principle difficult to work with on specific issues with a, 'hands off' attitude. The teachers were not held accountable for individualizing the class room education.

I taught at this school for the 2007-08 school year and loved it (5 stars)! However, much change in the 2008-09 school year when our beloved Mrs. Clifton was reassigned and replaced with another educator, Mrs. Kelli Ebenstein. It's all about leadership. We went from what I believe to be a 5 star rating to a 0 rating when it came to staff motivation and communication. PTA has always been great and very supportive!!!

My grandsons have attended this school for two years and we couldn't be more pleased. The kids come home every afternoon happy and excited about learning. Their giftedness was discovered when we first moved here so they receive the extra help. The teachers are excellent and caring. Parents are very much involved which is a terrific adevantage for the children.

All of the staff I have interacted with are great! It's a safe friendly environment. However, I have not seem any activities that encourage creative expression or critical thinking skills. It seems to be the norm in this district, not specific to this school.

Last modified Santa Rita Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.